Update on Roscoe Parrish

VABills

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) – Bills wide receiver Roscoe Parrish had surgery on his injured right wrist Friday, but the rookie is expected to play this season.

The second-round draft pick out of Miami fell on his right wrist while diving for a pass during training camp on Wednesday. The Bills, who will play their preseason opener in Indianapolis on Saturday, didn’t announce the nature of Parrish’s injury or give a timetable for his return.

The surgery took place after Parrish returned to Buffalo on Thursday to review test results with the team’s medical director, Dr. John Marzo.

Parrish’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, didn’t return telephone messages left by The Associated Press.

Parrish was the Bills’ top draft pick after the team traded its first-rounder to Dallas for the right to select quarterback J.P. Losman in the first round last year.

'In a two line release from the Buffalo Bills it was announced that rookie wide reiver Roscoe Parrish had surgery on his injured wrist. The extend of the injury is still not known. The Bills did say it was not season ending.'

I think the Bills may want to look into hiring a better surgeon. How do you fix something if you don't know what is wrong?

Not a sprain...AP is now reporting he did indeed have surgery...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

I wish the Bills would actually report on this instead of just leaving it up to speculation.

406247[/snapback]

What the hell is this, the NHL? You get to hide injuries now?

I always love the lines like "Zhitnik will be out for 2 weeks with a lower leg injury"...

translation "Zhitnik has a sprained shoulder"

V-coach says he was set back to Buffalo to be reevaluated.  That means they didn't like the first diagnoses and want a better doctors opinion.

405319[/snapback]

I thought he would at least make it thru a preseason game or two before he got hurt.

V Coach - Roscoe Parrish underwent successful surgery this morning on his injured wrist. The injury is not classified as season - ending.

Wow thanks for the details. So he may be back next week, or by Xmas.

This is terrible PR from our boys at OBD. I have to hear about SURGERY from the damn AP!?

Hello- Bills- what is going on with our top pick?! I understand not announcing anything after X-rays, because maybe they were inconclusive, but if he's had surgery, there's been a diagnosis.

so does this offically make this draft  the worst draft in the tom donahoe era?

406359[/snapback]

Just the unluckiest. In fact, our draft class was unlucky last year too. Seriously - this is quite a spate. No first round pick last year, no first, second or third this year. Makes it tougher - I'm pissed. Not at Donahoe tho, this stuff happens.

Just the unluckiest.  In fact, our draft class was unlucky last year too.  Seriously - this is quite a spate.  No first round pick last year, no first, second or third this year.  Makes it tougher - I'm pissed.  Not at Donahoe tho, this stuff happens.

406369[/snapback]

No first round pick last year?

Wasn't Evans the 13th overall pick last year?