Update on Roscoe Parrish

VABills

Just the unluckiest.  In fact, our draft class was unlucky last year too.  Seriously - this is quite a spate.  No first round pick last year, no first, second or third this year.  Makes it tougher - I'm pissed.  Not at Donahoe tho, this stuff happens.

406369[/snapback]

c'mon, coach. use that noggin of yours. buffalo had TWO first round picks last year -- evans and losman.

it is absolutely cracking me up that some people (not you) are actually criticizing donahoe for drafting players who were unlucky and got hurt. wonders never cease.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that Roscoe is out for awhile.  It's making me sick.

406478[/snapback]

Having broke my wrist last year, this is not pretty. However I broke mine on concrete.

I would suspect since he had surgery- this is exactly the same injury as Pennington.

If he had pins inserted. Trying to remember how long Pennington was out, that should be a good gauge to go by.

Having broke my wrist last year, this is not pretty. However I broke mine on concrete.

I would suspect since he had surgery- this is exactly the same injury as Pennington.

If he had pins inserted. Trying to remember how long Pennington was out, that should be a good gauge to go by.

406504[/snapback]

I don't remember exaxctaly when pennington got injured what preseason week it was, but he didn't come back till week 8 of that season.

I don't remember exaxctaly when pennington got injured what preseason week it was, but he didn't come back till week 8 of that season.

406509[/snapback]

We don't know if it was a similar injury to Pennington or not. They also play totally different positions.

Thus, I wouldn't make any predictions based on Pennington's recovery time.

I always have surguries for sprains ! Don't you ?

406409[/snapback]

When they say sprained ACL or torn ACL, it is the same thing. A partial tear is still a sprain and you are out 4-8 weeks, a full tear and you are out a year.

I'm PO'd that there is no talk from OBD. Partial tear, he's in a soft cast for a month and should be back to playing shape by October some time. He could have blown every ligament and tendon down there and won't be able to flip someone the bird, let alone play until December.

Come'on Josh Reed!

I have a feeling that Roscoe is out for awhile.  It's making me sick.

406478[/snapback]

Take a deep breath. Let it out, slowly.

We Bills Fans have survived greater trauma, and actually have some good prospective WR depth for the interim. KR and PR too.

Somehow, the Bills will get along. And so also, will humanity.

Why the group psychosis over a #3 or 4 WR with a "rookie" QB? The Bills already have speed on the team. The first quarter of the season will be an extension of pre-season, probably looking at 2-2 or 1-3. Then, we get excited or nervous. Things should settle in by then.

Maybe I have more faith in this coaching staff. Gilbride is gone. So is what's his name, the last coach.

c'mon, coach.  use that noggin of yours.  buffalo had TWO first round picks last year -- evans and losman.

it is absolutely cracking me up that some people (not you) are actually criticizing donahoe for drafting players who were unlucky and got hurt.  wonders never cease.

406422[/snapback]

Add to that WM playing for the Bills for the first time and actually in 2004 we got out first look and contribution from our 2003 1st round drat pick. I think his case is even a more legitimate claim of Buffalo seeing the first contributions of two 1st round picks from WM and Evans rather than Evans and Losman.

Take a deep breath. Let it out, slowly.

I feel dizzy.

We Bills Fans have survived greater trauma, and actually have some good prospective WR depth for the interim. KR and PR too.

Somehow, the Bills will get along. And so also, will humanity.

Why the group psychosis over a #3 or 4 WR with a "rookie" QB? The Bills already have speed on the team. The first quarter of the season will be an extension of pre-season, probably looking at 2-2 or 1-3. Then, we get excited or nervous. Things should settle in by then.

Maybe I have more faith in this coaching staff. Gilbride is gone. So is what's his name, the last coach.

I wasn't talking about humanity; I was talking about ME! And while I have faith in the staff, I also loved what I was seeing/hearing about Roscoe. He would have added another dimension to the offense and made it that much less difficult on JP. But all we can do is hope someone else steps-up in Roscoe's absence because there's no other choice.

I feel dizzy.

I wasn't talking about humanity; I was talking about ME!  And while I have faith in the staff, I also loved what I was seeing/hearing about Roscoe.  He would have added another dimension to the offense and made it that much less difficult on JP.  But all we can do is hope someone else steps-up in Roscoe's absence because there's no other choice.

406607[/snapback]

Exactly.

Could be a weird blessing in disguise. Everything I've heard, he both goes after and catches most everything. Key point, goes after everything. Maybe this will cut down on the goes after everything. I've seen more than a couple pictures of him stretched out, giving up the body. Looks really cool and hungry, but maybe not good 16 game tactics. To use a racing analogy, you have to be around at the finish to win.

Exactly.

Could be a weird blessing in disguise. Everything I've heard, he both goes after and catches most everything. Key point, goes after everything. Maybe this will cut down on the goes after everything. I've seen more than a couple pictures of him stretched out, giving up the body. Looks really cool and hungry, but maybe not good 16 game tactics. To use a racing analogy, you have to be around at the finish to win.

True. I've always lauded players for going all-out, but sometimes you need to know your limits. However I really can't fault Roscoe for doing what he did and actually think more highly of him, even though it might have cost him a good portion of the season.

Well then we're talking an operation - probably a pin job, 6 weeks in a hard cast and two months of rehab before he's allowed to turn the pages of a Playboy by himself, aren't we?

405796[/snapback]

I had a "pin job" a few years ago. I had to have therapy because the bone (radius) healed up shorter than it was supposed to and I didn't have enough flexibility in my wrist. I don't think he's have to be away from football that long though. I would guess eight weeks at most.

BTW, I have to wear a suit at least some of the time for my job. No one else in the house had any idea how to tie a necktie. I had to learn how to do it with one hand when I had my cast on. I also had to play a keyboard. I couldn't quite swing guitar since it was my left arm in a cast.

I had a "pin job" a few years ago.  I had to have therapy because the bone (radius) healed up shorter than it was supposed to and I didn't have enough flexibility in my wrist.  I don't think he's have to be away from football that long though.  I would guess eight weeks at most. 

BTW,  I have to wear a suit at least some of the time for my job.  No one else in the house had any idea how to tie a necktie.  I had to learn how to do it with one hand when I had my cast on.  I also had to play a keyboard.  I couldn't quite swing guitar since it was my left arm in a cast.

406619[/snapback]

Wears a suit, plays keyboards and swings a guitar?

Are you Barry Manilow's therapist?

We don't know if it was a similar injury to Pennington or not. They also play totally different positions.

Thus, I wouldn't make any predictions based on Pennington's recovery time.

406530[/snapback]

I would have to say it is extremely similar based on the fact that the only time they would do surgery on a wrist would be to insert pins.

Lee Evans changed our world.

406736[/snapback]

God bless him, but I meant this year's rookie receiver who changed the world. Sorry about the confusion.

Should we start a silent thread for the Bills' "public notification of injury" policy?