Guys if Im being honest, JP looked average

Dont start flipping out but as I watched the scrimmage again, I felt Jp was the worst out of our 4 QB's. He had no confidence or power in his throws at all. He did make a few nice plays but he just looked iffy out there like Kiper said. Losman I think is at least 1 year away from being a solid QB. You can count me in on the Holcomb band wagon who can get us in the playoffs.

Yes it was a scrimmage but now more then ever i feel Holcomb will be the opening day starter.

Also I love our 4th string QB...Losman should watch him a bit.

again, Im just being honest with what i saw.

Dont start flipping out but as I watched the scrimmage again, I felt Jp was the worst out of our 4 QB's. He had no confidence or power in his throws at all. He did make a few nice plays but he just looked iffy out there like Kiper said. Losman I think is at least 1 year away from being a solid QB. You can count me in on the Holcomb band wagon who can get us in the playoffs.

Yes it was a scrimmage but now more then ever i feel Holcomb will be the opening day starter.

401041[/snapback]

Dude, you must really want JP to fail because all you see is the 3 or 4 things that went badly and you're ignoring the 20-25 things that were good or great. I watched the scrimmage. JP looks 10 times better than Drew Bledsoe already.

PTR

Nobody here wants JP to fail. I also felt JP was not playing well... and when we drafted him i believed that we drafted the 2nd coming of steve young. There were more negatives than positives coming out of that scrimmage of JP. That being said its only the beginning of training camp and i hope he can get over the hump.

401041[/snapback]

FYI: Not sure what game you watched but the Bills scrimmage was on the NFL Network on Friday night.

I was as worried as as anyone about JP but he looked in control to me. Except the bad decision in the flat, every other play was pretty good. I felt great about his performance.

Given it was (a) a scrimmage (b) the first exposure to different colored jerseys as a starter © at Lambeau field (d) in front of 62000 rabid almost exclusive Packer fans (d) in an atmosphere that was playoff like (for example, Favre got a standing ovation for his image simply hitting the replay board) (e) a scrimmage (f) one week into the pre season (g) on the road (h) at the home field of his boyhood idol.....

JP did exceptionally well. Anyone that thinks JP did poorly or terrible is way too pessimistic and border line sarcastic. Given all variables JP did better than most; he was set up for failure yet responded favorably. Can/ought he get better? absolutely. But, think about the situation and really evaluate what he did on the field - then the only conclusion that can be drawn is that JP looked very good.

Like some of us here, I was there for all 4+ hours and it was a great time, overall. JP looked normal out there, not out of his element at all. By the way, our OL is going to be nasty this year. Opposing defenses will dread when we run the ball - especially by the time the third quarter rolls around.

Nobody here wants JP to fail. I also felt JP was not playing well... and when we drafted him i believed that we drafted the 2nd coming of steve young. There were more negatives than positives coming out of that scrimmage of JP. That being said its only the beginning of training camp and i hope he can get over the hump.

401067[/snapback]

Steve Young threw for 11 TD's and 21 INTs with a QB rating of 63 in his first 19 games...you actually think Losman, based on a scrimmage, will be worse than that? :D

Given it was (a) a scrimmage (b) the first exposure to different colored jerseys as a starter © at Lambeau field (d) in front of 62000 rabid almost exclusive Packer fans (d) in an atmosphere that was playoff like (for example, Favre got a standing ovation for his image simply hitting the replay board) (e) a scrimmage (f) one week into the pre season (g) on the road (h) at the home field of his boyhood idol.....

JP did exceptionally well.  Anyone that thinks JP did poorly or terrible is way too pessimistic and border line sarcastic.  Given all variables JP did better than most; he was set up for failure yet responded favorably.  Can/ought he get better?  absolutely.  But, think about the situation and really evaluate what he did on the field - then the only conclusion that can be drawn is that JP looked very good.

Like some of us here, I was there for all 4+ hours and it was a great time, overall.  JP looked normal out there, not out of his element at all.  By the way, our OL is going to be nasty this year.  Opposing defenses will dread when we run the ball - especially by the time the third quarter rolls around.

401095[/snapback]

Perfect, very good post. Given all what you mentioned above, he did just fine. And we are not asking JP to be Kelly or Manning out of the gate. Given the makeup of our entire team, if he could be a Trent Delfur (spelling), or Delhumme (spelling), I would be pleased. Manage the game, don't take un-needed risk, take care of the football, run if you have too. The man can throw for 210 yards a game, run for 40, and as long as he does not pull a Drew and turn the ball over at just the wrong time, the Bills will be more than fine this year.

Average? I have no problems with that. If JP Losman is an average starting NFL QB at this stage of his development, I'd say he's well ahead of schedule. What do some of you guys honestly expect from him? It takes most Qbs a few YEARS as a starter before they really get settled in. If you're expecting JP Losman to look like an all-pro from day 1, its not going to happen. And this was nothing more than a glorified practice.

If Losman is stinking up the joint through the first month of the season, this talk might be warranted. Get a grip guys. Give him a chance. Let him at least have a preseason game before you break out the torches and pitchforks.

I'll point out the obvious here...  If JP is just average then he will still be better than Bledsoe on any given Sunday!

401121[/snapback]

thank you...WTF is wrong with average? Drew was often "below average", and I was actually a support of his. :blink:

I posted this on another topic, but applies here as well:

What were everyones expectations going into this "scrimmage"? This was JP's first action of the year with only one week on training camp under his belt. I was more concerned with how well he knew the plays, did he look confortable, would he scramble every down. I think he handled all 3 of my concerns rather well. The completion percentage was the least of my concerns, it really doesn't matter. He is progressing very well and has another month before the season starts. Were going to grow with this kid and there will be some bad and some good, that's to be expected. With our defense all he has to do is not lose games, a la Drew Bledsoe. LET'S GO BUFFALO..............I am so psyched for the opener!!!!!

Average?  I have no problems with that.  If JP Losman is an average starting NFL QB at this stage of his development,  I'd say he's well ahead of schedule.  What do some of you guys honestly expect from him?  It takes most Qbs a few YEARS as a starter before they really get settled in.  If you're expecting JP Losman to look like an all-pro from day 1,  its not going to happen.  And this was nothing more than a glorified practice. 

If Losman is stinking up the joint through the first month of the season,  this talk might be warranted.  Get a grip guys.  Give him a chance.  Let him at least have a preseason game before you break out the torches and pitchforks.

401108[/snapback]

AMEN!! The naysayers are only advertising their idiocy and negativism. They can't be objective cause it's in their nature to be negative.

401041[/snapback]

Wow, so you'll be the first guy to throw JP under the bus and call for Holcomb to be the starter based on a scrimmage game? That's just too damn funny.

Losman looked shakey at times, but I'm not in the least discouraged.  If he looks shakey at the end ot the month I might start getting a little nervous.

401432[/snapback]

A couple of underthrown balls, an overthrown pass that a decent DB would run back for a touchdown, and several nice plays with his arm is what I saw.

If he had dominated, I wouldn't have put much stock in that. The GB defense will be amongst the worst in the league, again.

401041[/snapback]

J.P. started out 5 for 5, converted two long 3rd downs, played against the first string........yeah he sucked.

Holcomb played against 2nd & 3rd stringers....played well.

Matthews should start based on your analysis......he tore up the packers 4th stringers.

Thank God the Bills don't have someone like you making decisions.

401041[/snapback]

One cannot make an accurate assessment based on a scrimmage and somehow think he will suck in his career. But I do know he will struggle this season and won't be the savior many on this board think he is this year.

After a few years, he's going to be a perennial PB, IMO.

This year, the other 10 guys on offense have to step up so we won't have to depend on him to win games for us. As long as he doesn't make mistakes and takes care of the offense, we are in the playoffs.