Bills trying to get Eagles' Corey Simon!

Tolstoy

The Bills must be dissatisfied with their D-line if they are going after Corey Simon. It would be a good pick-up for an already very good defense.

Link:http://www.nj.com/sports/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/112322928129970.xml&coll=5

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not shocked. Corey Simon is a proven player on defense and would take this team one step higher.

1. Will he cost more than Pat Williams?

2. Heck, the Bills have an extra 3rd round pick from Henry now and would just cost a 2nd on top of that. Maybe Donahoe could throw our two 3rd round picks at them.

Then again maybe it's just wishful thinking on the Eagels part. :)

Is Sam Adams in his final year with the Bills?

399074[/snapback]

Not that I know of I think his contract is up after the 06 season. With that said I definitly would not be opposed to brining in corey simon. He's a proven player and would only make our defense better. Nothing against Ron Edwards, but at least with simon we'd be legit at dt, and like the bills organization has been saying. This is not a year we're going to "Take a step back" We have the defensive talent and st's to compete for a playoff spot and possibily the division title. If we don't get simon and this is just some rumor to spark interest from another club, than I won't lose sleep about it, as that money could go to extending clements and mcgee.

You hit the nail right on the head. Maybe he and Roscoe Parrish can both plat LT uh?

399073[/snapback]

Brilliant! This would free us up to move Ron Edwards to the offense to play LT. The only question is, why didn't we see this coming? Oy vey. :)

According to NFLPA.com :

Salary History

2003 750000.00

2004 2000000.00

2005 2000000.00

2006 2000000.00

So, 2006 would be his last! If TD can get Simon at a relatively fair price on a 5 years deal, I say let's do it! Nice thinking ahead!

We'll just have to wait and see!

Later,

Pat

I don't know if it is indicative of his play, but Simon's total tackle stats have gone down since his rookie year.  If the Bills had to make a choice of using the money for a long term contract on Clements or signing a player who is DISGRUNTLED with his current team, I say invest in NC!!!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187398

399086[/snapback]

Great post. I agree.

I don't know if it is indicative of his play, but Simon's total tackle stats have gone down since his rookie year.  If the Bills had to make a choice of using the money for a long term contract on Clements or signing a player who is DISGRUNTLED with his current team, I say invest in NC!!!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187398

399086[/snapback]

It all depends on the player and his total adjustment to his new enviornment providing he has the skills- which he does. Remember all the fat Sam jokes??

I would not trade Sam Adams for anything, he is a monster. The chance to play next to Sam, our coaching staff, AND our linebackers has to get this guy's motor revving....

Josh Reed and a low pick for Simon.

Hear me out - I don't usually propose these wild trade scenarios, but this one makes perfect sense. The Eagles NEED a WR, especially with Owens hurting again. Reed would be a good fit in that offense - he's an excellent blocker and he's tough (he has stone hands and no confidence, but let's not tell them that). Simon wants out of there - he's one of the better "penetrating" d-tackles in the league, a real quick, disruptive force when he wants to be. You can't turn down the opportunity to get a player like that.

Thoughts?