Say good bye Josh

I bet Reed plays his ass off this training camp.

any takers? :P

393517[/snapback]

He will...This is his make ore break year, not only with the bills, but in

the NFL itself....If he doesn't cut it through training camp, then he is going to

end up selling insurance.....

I bet he beats out Aiken for the 4th spot and will be competing with Parrish

for the 3rd..

Is he worth a 3rd rounder? :P

393501[/snapback]

I realize you're kidding, but for those wondering about the going rate of a Reed-type player, the Redskins just dealt their disappointing 4 yr vet and former 1st rounder Rod Gardner to the Panthers for probably a 6th round pick. Like Reed he seemed promising at times but was very inconsistant. They gave him the knickname 50-50, which pretty much say's it all.

Its time for Josh Reid to clean out his locker at the stadium. With the signing of Parrish, who should nicely slide into the three spot, Josh Reid is done in Buffalo. I know it will be tough to replace his 4 touchdowns over the past three seasons but I think Parrish can do it.

393491[/snapback]

Really?? Parrish's signing has nothing to do with Reed's future. If it were a foregone conclusion, the Bills would have cut Reed after the draft. Plus, he's peanuts against the cap.

When did we "sign" Parrish???? :P  :blink:

393520[/snapback]

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3278

Let's hope Reed gets the message and lives up to his potential.

393515[/snapback]

Huh? The only thing that can save him is exquisite route running and HOF hands this season. You can't teach speed. I think he's done in this league unless he sprouts faster legs.

We're going 4 wide this year. Reed is a better option than Neufeld on the field, who may be the starting tight end Game 1. He can chip and run 7 yard slants all day, and use his size to break a tackle. 40 catches 500yds 4TD's.

Just because the guy disappoints for where he was drafted, doesn't mean he can't play. If we took him in the 5th, he's a fine fit on the team. Aiken is dooty as far as I'm concerned.

Its time for Josh Reid to clean out his locker at the stadium. With the signing of Parrish, who should nicely slide into the three spot, Josh Reid is done in Buffalo. I know it will be tough to replace his 4 touchdowns over the past three seasons but I think Parrish can do it.

393491[/snapback]

When did we "sign" Parrish???? :P  :blink:

393520[/snapback]

More improtantly when did we sign Reid? and who is he

Maybe Reed should watch out though

We're going 4 wide this year. Reed is a better option than Neufeld on the field, who may be the starting tight end Game 1. He can chip and run 7 yard slants all day, and use his size to break a tackle. 40 catches 500yds 4TD's.

If Gandy and Teague can't hack it at LT and Campbell is healthy, maybe the Bills line him up on the weak (left) side, to do what you said Neufeld would do? The maybe put Euhus on the strong side, as the pass receiver?

I think Reed gets one more chance this year. I do'nt think that's a bad thing. It's not like Parrish will always be the #3 WR every game, since Mularkey likes to shuffle players in and out. I just hope that Reed can show that he belongs with this team.

Actually his problem, along with the rest of the receivers, is lack of consistancy from the quarterback position.  Reed suffers from being too hard on himself and lack of chances.  The fact that Drew couldn't read a defense or throw an accurate catchable ball under 15 yards is death to a player like Josh Reed.

393528[/snapback]

What's the excuse for all the dropped passes??????????

And furthermore: QB Drew will be poison to Dallas' supposed strength, the TE position.  More power to them if they can make though the season without sustaining serious injury.

393535[/snapback]

I wonder what Ben Coates would say about that statement?

I doubt it, he will only cost the Bills an extra $445K to keep him. That is a cheap insurance policy in case someone goes down durring the season.

That being said, he practices great but his play when it counts has been below sub-par.  I think in the end they will give him this year to prove himself.

393524[/snapback]

let's see what he can do with a QB that actually hits him in stride on a consistent basis. :P

The problem with Josh so far is that he has RJitis. He looks absolutely unstoppable in practice, has fashes of brilliance, and then can't get his head and helmet straight in the games when we need him. He'll likely play lights out in training camp again, and it will be tough to release him. He could be a Bobby Shaw-esque release in the middle of the season though, if he doesn't play well and one of the WRs on the PS is impressive in practice. I still say it's between Josh and Aiken for #4 with Fast Freddie at #5.

I wonder what Ben Coates would say about that statement?

393990[/snapback]

Amen to that. Drew would have been much more productive with even a decent TE. When he had Coates he was one of the best in the league but without a good TE Drew was completely average maybe even below average. The cowgirls have a pro bowl TE and Drew will do just fine if his O-line plays well.

Amen to that. Drew would have been much more productive with even a decent TE. When he had Coates he was one of the best in the league but without a good TE Drew was completely average maybe even below average. The cowgirls have a pro bowl TE and Drew will do just fine if his O-line plays well.

394077[/snapback]

Of the catches Campbell made last year about 50% seemed to be of the spectacular variety. Is that because he is a bad TE or because Bledsoe hasn't thrown a good ball over the middle in 7 years? (Please note I am excluding the throws that hit the MLB between the numbers as being "good balls".)

Bledsoe is looking at the outside part of the field 100% of the time as a first option.

Either Bledsoe was lousy or Reed, Aiken, Campbell, Euhus, Neufeld, Shelton, Jennings, Teague, Tucker, Williams, CV and other ALL were. I'll select option A if you ask my opinion.