With all the negativity about the MNF crew

Buftex

There seems to be a universal hate for the newly announced ESPN MNF crew for 2006. Who do you like? What would be your dream MNF lineup, of guys still alive, and in the business right now?

391407[/snapback]

Pam Anderson and Farrah Fossit.......I've thought of them many times....does that count?

Al Michaels (play-by-play)

Ron Jaworski or Tom Jackson (color commentary)

No sideline reporters.

391427[/snapback]

I love Jaworski (attention Polonia!), but I think his strength is breaking down games. If he was a color commentator, I think he would not have enough time to be any good, and would be a lot less effective. I think, at times, this is where Maguire suffers.

michaels, fouts, and miller were fine with me.  great football analysis and biting humor rolled into one.  for me, that's a perfect way to watch a football game.

391503[/snapback]

I will give you Michaels and Fouts, but Dennis Miller was awful! I was a big fan of his at the time too. He really reminded me of an annoying kid, or a chick, who always talked at the wrong time, and didn't understand any of the nuance of the game...

I will give you Michaels and Fouts, but Dennis Miller was awful!  I was a big fan of his at the time too.  He really reminded me of an annoying kid, or a chick, who always talked at the wrong time, and didn't understand any of the nuance of the game...

391514[/snapback]

that's where we really disagree. miller showed me that he DID understand football and was a fan. plus, it wasn't his job to point out the nuances of the play.

diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, i guess. :angry:

I will give you Michaels and Fouts, but Dennis Miller was awful!  I was a big fan of his at the time too.  He really reminded me of an annoying kid, or a chick, who always talked at the wrong time, and didn't understand any of the nuance of the game...

391514[/snapback]

I was, and still am, a huge Dennis Miller fan. And I was fired up when he it as announced he was on MNF. Shortly after the announcement, he was being interviewed on some show and they really led him with a very simple question: "So, you're probably a huge football fan and this has to be a very big deal to you to have the chance to be on a sports icon like MNF," to which he kinda chuckled and said, "No, not really. I mean, I watch the game and I like the game, but I don't make any pretenses about this. It's just another gig for me. If it works, great, and if it doesn't, great. It's not a dream job. It's just a gig."

He did provide Al Michaels with someone of general intelligence in the booth, and once in a while he'd make an oscure reference and you could hear Michaels chuckling in that "That's funny, but no one knows what the !@#$ you're talking about."

that's where we really disagree.  miller showed me that he DID understand football and was a fan.  plus, it wasn't his job to point out the nuances of the play.

diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, i guess.  :angry:

391518[/snapback]

As i said in tother thread, I liked him much better than the guy before and after him