The Devil has been extended

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26-38...........eeeeeeeesssssh 0:)

391076[/snapback]

that's what happens when you make a mistake with your first selection of a head coach. in the donahoe/mularkey era we're 9-7...and it's only going to get better.

I am incredibly torn on TD. On the one hand I think he and Modrak has assembled an incredibly talented team. On the otherhand this incredibly talented team has yet to make the playoffs. I just wonder what comes of Donahoe if the Bills miss the playoffs yet again this season because it is his team and he has had 2 chances to get the right head coach. I like Mularkey and co., but the Bills MUST make the playoffs this year.

No clue what the fuss is about. Name 3 GM's you would rather have. Thats what I thought.

Butler screwed us for several years of the first part of TD's tenure.

As much as I could complain about the Bledsoes, there are more Prices and Henrys that netted us compensation when it didnt work out.

You want to gripe about the Jennings and Williams? How many teams have lost a Jennings or Williams type and still kept competitive. OK, Philly lost Hugh Douglas AND Jeremiah Trotter and Troy Vincent, did it hurt them?

I seriously dont see all the complaints, nothing short of a perfect off season every year would make some of you happy.

I am incredibly torn on TD. On the one hand I think he and Modrak has assembled an incredibly talented team. On the otherhand this incredibly talented team has yet to make the playoffs. I just wonder what comes of Donahoe if the Bills miss the playoffs yet again this season because it is his team and he has had 2 chances to get the right head coach. I like Mularkey and co., but the Bills MUST make the playoffs this year.

391086[/snapback]

Absolutely do NOT agree. You demand the JP led team to go to the playoffs? Nice try, find another team that has the right to demand a playoff berth with a rookie QB.

Next year we MUST go to the playoffs. ABSOLUTELY MUST BE DONE. But not this year. All the excuses are removed next year. This year, JP will have to learn.

Now, I think we will in fact make the playoffs. I love our early season schedule. It would prove to be great for us to have JP have easier games early.

Absolutely do NOT agree. You demand the JP led team to go to the playoffs? Nice try, find another team that has the right to demand a playoff berth with a rookie QB.

Next year we MUST go to the playoffs. ABSOLUTELY MUST BE DONE. But not this year. All the excuses are removed next year. This year, JP will have to learn.

Now, I think we will in fact make the playoffs. I love our early season schedule. It would prove to be great for us to have JP have easier games early.

391141[/snapback]

This team won 9 games with Bledsoe last season. When Mularkey and managment dumped Bledsoe they were saying they could do better than 9 wins and usually more than 9 wins is good enough for the playoffs. I forget what Buffalo News writer said this, but he said the Losman era should not start off with excuses. This is Donahoe's 5th season NO MORE EXCUSES! Now is the time to win.

TD gave TD an...errrr...wait, Ralph gave TD an extension...and since TD is the son of satan, does this make Ralph the brother of satan?

391164[/snapback]

No , I believe it makes him Satan 0:)

391086[/snapback]

Team Building > Talent Collection

Does TD get a free ride this season? Would RW fire him after giving him an extension? Bottom line to Ralph is filling seats. TD has assembled a team that fillls seats. Should that stop, TD would be gone. Winning is nice, filling seats is important.

I think this extension is because Ralph Wilson feels guilty about one of the 2 main reasons TD's rebuilding project is taking so long - Drew Bledsoe (the other being GW, who is probably 100% TD's fault). Mr. Wilson, after all, put a lot of pressure on TD to somehow get Drew in here for 2002 and also to keep trying with him beyond the '02 and '03 seasons.

The GM's of the Patriots, Eagles, and Colts (Polian!) would suffice.

391348[/snapback]

An accurate assessment somehow needs to figure the dumb luck factor being a significant key to the final production under a GM and HC and to simply claim that the final record is simply an analogy to some skill level is not fully accurate.

The Pats are a great example.

Its obvious at least to me that BB is one of the true football geniuses of the NFL. Winning 3 of the last 4 SBs is simply phenomenal and one can even at least credibly try to make the case that the only HC SB record rivaling his, Parcells, should be greatly attributed to the work BB did for Parcells (I say try because like it or not the buck stops with the guy in charge and just as the Pats SB wins are BB's, the Parcells record with BB as a crtical contributor is Parcells).

At any rate as best as I can tell, i really really doubt that the Pats would have even made the playoffs much less win the SB if Bledsoe had remained QB that year. I thnk flat-out a key to the Pats winning it that year and quite likely winning it two of the next three years should be given to Lewis for hitting Bledsoe in away which collapsed his lung, allowed Brady to atep up and the Pats to become a TEAM capable of reeling off their victories.

There are a zillion paradoxes here (for examople, the wounded Bledsoe was essntial to the Pats starting their SB winning run because I doubt that their disaster QB (whoever that was) would have ben able to step up as Bledsoe did and throw the winning TD in relief of an injureed Brady in the AFC chamionsip game in 2001. Without Bledsoe's pedestrian but adequate play that year and without the bizarre application of the tuck rule againt Oak, I doubt the Pats would have won it all that year.

There is simply a credible case to be made that as much of a genius as BB is, that if Boedsoe had not been laid out by Lewis, that they not only would not have made the playoffs that year, but BB would really be assesed by the stinky job he did in Cleveland, by backtracking on hi word and pulling out of his agreement to HC the Jets and moving to NE and then a record of failed results with NE until he was able to make the Bledsoe switch.

Dumb luck is just such a huge factor in determing the outcome which skills bring to any life.

391086[/snapback]

I completely agree, it is time. Notice in the BN artilce that Ralph comments that TD has done a good job, not a great one. It is time for greatness to come, take the next step and prove that all the talent and coaching is gonna pay off. Rookie QB or not