All Time Favorite Bills Moment

4. The Comeback. I will never forget the image of my Uncle, a life long bills fan, Pacing back and forth in my backyard for the entire second half. He wasn't watching the game as the comback started, and he didn't want to jinx it, so he never did "see" the comeback. He would jump up and down as I would scream after each score, but he wouldn't come in and watch the game. Very surreal...

389702[/snapback]

Thank him for us. :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was AMAZING when Flutie ran it in. Especially since we were thinking "oh here we go again" when Reed wasn't given the touchdown.

Doug Flutie running it into the endzone on a busted play with a few seconds left to beat the Jags.

And an underrated moment in Bills history, when we all worked off years of frustration when Rob Johnson came back as a Redskin and got sacked against our Defense two years ago.  The crowd went abso-friggin crazy when ol' RJ disappeared under a swarm of blue jerseys.

Neither moment as epic as our SB years...but damn, both were fun.

389216[/snapback]

Brian Cox unable to stop Thurman on a two yard punch that sealed the game for us.

That was glorious.

389576[/snapback]

That would be mine, as well. Even better was how pissed Cox was afterwards that Thurman bested him 1 on 1. He was so upset it was wonderful.

I almost forgot:  1989, Rams at Bills on MNF.  Bills trail the entire game.  Late drive.  Andre Reed, at his peak, carries 3 guys on his back for about 10 yards into

the end zone to force OT, where we go on to win.

389663[/snapback]

This was the first win in a 4 game winning streak by backup QB Frank Reich. When Jimbo went down after a John Hand hit, everyone thought we were doomed. :)

Also: flea flicker pass TO Jim Kelly for a first down. I do not remember any other game details. It never occurred to the D to cover him because it was assumed he could not run or catch. ;)

From the Rockpile: A few fans mugged Booth Lustig as he left the locker room, after he missed a +/- 20 yard FG, causing a tie with San Diego, instead of a vctory. Man, Lustig sucked (I was at the game).

From the Rockpile: A few fans mugged Booth Lustig as he left the locker room, after he missed a +/- 20 yard FG, causing a tie with San Diego, instead of a vctory. Man, Lustig sucked (I was at the game).

389752[/snapback]

Didn't Lustig admit later that he felt the mugging was well-deserved? :)

I was 13 years old and at the first SB in Tampa with my dad and my uncle. We were sitting on the sideline at about the 5 yard line at the end where Norwood was kicking. I remember my dad saying "As long as he gets the distance, it's going through." I vividly remember seeing the ball in the air, and immediately you could tell it was long enough. My dad was standing on the person's seat in front of us with his arms raised...of course we then stared in disbelief as a bunch of Giants fans in the endzone behind the posts started going nuts. It was the most surreal thing- ready to explode with happiness and then seconds later feeling absolutely crushed.

But that feeling of happiness as I saw that ball in the air is what makes me hope beyond hope that the Bills can get back there again and get 'er done.

The Pats 31-0 game in the 2003 season opener was probably the most fun I ever had at a Bills game. Sun shining, optimism galore, so much promise. That was a straight beat down in every aspect of the game. I loved when the Pats reserves got down inside the 5 in the last minute, and the Bills starting D went back in the game for the goalline stand to preserve the shutout. Nice.

Nope. Tim Brown.

Reeds 4th and a bunch catch against the Raiders in LA in 1991. Dude was money when the lombardi wasn't at stake.

389728[/snapback]

No, it was Willie Gault.

I vaguely remember that Raiders game. Went to OT because Norwood missed a PAT...otherwise all I remember is Lofton making a sick TD catch with his shoulder pad all f'd up.

Bebe punching the ball away from Lett. It said to the world that even with defeat all but inevitable the Bills would never quit.

This showed what that team was all about. I couldn't have been more proud.

The Pats 31-0 game in the 2003 season opener was probably the most fun I ever had at a Bills game.  Sun shining, optimism galore, so much promise.  That was a straight beat down in every aspect of the game.  I loved when the Pats reserves got down inside the 5 in the last minute, and the Bills starting D went back in the game for the goalline stand to preserve the shutout.  Nice.

389781[/snapback]

We were walking to our cars for the post-game tailgate, and my friend walked up to me and said, "I think I just heard that Houston beat the Fish." And I was thinking that things couldn't have been more perfect.

BTW, the underlying argument about from whom Nate Odomes stole that ball is brilliant. That's why I keep coming back here.

Fergy throwing basically two Hail Marys to beat the Pats.

The goalposts that came down in 1980, 1988, and/or 1990...

Jeff George taking a knee when Bruce was about to sack him yet again...

Just about every game that Kelly and Mario played against each other...

Fergy throwing basically two Hail Marys to beat the Pats.

389801[/snapback]

To Roland Hooks. I am in an argument with guy at work.

He says 1979, I say 1982. Do you know? I remember Van

making the call "Right now there are 25,000 people in the parking lot saying What the Hell is going on in there."