All Time Favorite Bills Moment

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Flutie running it into the endzone on a busted play with a few seconds left to beat the Jags.

And an underrated moment in Bills history, when we all worked off years of frustration when Rob Johnson came back as a Redskin and got sacked against our Defense two years ago. The crowd went abso-friggin crazy when ol' RJ disappeared under a swarm of blue jerseys.

Neither moment as epic as our SB years...but damn, both were fun.

Doug Flutie running it into the endzone on a busted play with a few seconds left to beat the Jags.

that was fuggin great......I nearly threw up in the stands from being so FIRED UP!!!!

that was fuggin great......I nearly threw up in the stands from being so FIRED UP!!!!

389218[/snapback]

I remember leaving the stadium that day and hearing 80,000 fans chanting Flutie's name...even though he later proved to be somewhat of a negative influence in the locker room, for that year FlutieMania was in full force.

I remember leaving the stadium that day and hearing 80,000 fans chanting Flutie's name...even though he later proved to be somewhat of a negative influence in the locker room, for that year FlutieMania was in full force.

389220[/snapback]

F-L-U-T-I-E....whats the spell?......MVP....I was probably hoarse from screaming that 400x :doh:

Since you said "All Time Favorite Bills Moment" and not "play," I'd have to go with the off-season "Quarterback's Challenge" held in Orlando a bunch of years ago. Kelly was walking by me, and a bunch of people were gathered around me, all of us trying to get an autograph. I called out his name real loud, he turned to look at me, and I took my Bills Backers of Orlando hat off my head and threw it to him. He caught it, took his hat off, put the Backers hat on his head and threw me the hat he was wearing. I was like the kid in the old Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial from years ago.

It was a glorious moment.

Which just so happened to immediately be followed my" Least Favorite Bills Moment."

Some douchebag jumped in front of me and snagged the hat away, then jumped up and down like he won the lottery and took off. I tucked tail and went home, secretly plotting to kill that person at some point in my life.

It's almost time.

I agree that the Flutie play against the Jags was among the best in the last 15 years or so.

Past that I also felt Nate Odom’s interception of Warren Moon in OT was also fantastic. That play cemented the greatest comeback in NFL history. The Bills dodged a huge bullet when they only allowed the field goal on Houston’s final drive, and Houston did have some momentum heading into OT. Can you even imagine if Houston ended up winning that thing after we came back 35-3?

I would also like to add Bruce Smiths one handed INT against the Jets, and Eric Moulds long TD reception in the "Just Give it to em" game. Both incredible individual plays, and while they don’t hold the historical impact of the Flutie or Odom’s plays they were incredible nonetheless.

Come on people, it's ODOMES. The man was a legend. At least spell his name right.

My favorite moment was that long TD run by Tim Tindale in the '95 Dolphins playoff game. Nothing like seeing the final nail in the coffin provided by a white Canadian backup-backup running back.

I was in the Pro Player Stadium parking lot tailgating with my Orlando Bills Backers and I decided to take a walk with one of my good friends (his brother decided not to go with us) to mingle with other Bills fans. There were some tents up so we walked in that direction (with our topped off plastic cups of beer).

This car comes up to us, about 20 feet away, and out pops Jim Kelly! I found out later that he was headed to the tent for a Hunter's Hope event. I stuck my hand out and he shook it saying "If I had guy's your size, I'd of had a few more years left!"(I’m 6’6’’/ 290ish). I was thrilled!! He shook my buddy's hand and ducked under the tent.

Then my friends brother comes staggering up as we are high-fiving and says "What's going on?". We still rub it in his face!!

Jeff

The Flutie moment was good, but I prefer the one when Kelly dove in the endzone to beat the fish in Miami. The commentators were doing their wrapup of Miami's "victory" and the Bills snatched it away.

The goalposts coming down was probably the best though.

I tucked tail and went home, secretly plotting to kill that person at some point in my life.

It's almost time.

389229[/snapback]

You an OJ should get together and compare notes, maybe there is a connection ... :doh:

There are so many great plays it is hard for one to standout for me (though the Flutie TD was a clear and singular moment where victory in terms of triggering a run to the playoffs was grasped from the jaws of defeat (feeling like we were done for the season and headed toward repeating the debacle of the 1997 season) and embodied in that one play.

However, there are two moments which stand-out for me which were best moments for me though they were not particular plays.

The single best moment for me was seeing the crowd reaction to Scott Norwood after the missed kick at a speech in Niagara Square in downtown Buffalo. Not only did 20.000 people or so turn out on a workday to be together celebrating a great team and season and sharing a painful loss, but Norwood apologizing for letting us down and the crowd vitually rising as one to give its forgiveness was really a great moment for me that transcended football.

The message was not one of losing being OK. it was a message that even when we lose if we remain a family we can fight again. I think that the Beebe chasing down Lett moment was part of this feeling.

For me personally, the best moment was actually on the radio. It was during the Greatest Game Ever Played and I was actually in my home office doing some work as I had a deadline on Monday but had the game on the radio. I listened with dismay as the Bills were thrashed and beaten in the first half, and the great moment came when Houston took the ball near the beginning of the second half and scored again.

I simply cursed and turned the radio off and went downstairs where my wife was working (keeping our life together rather than worrying about keeping the Bills together) and vented for a minute or more.

However, there was no question as I came back up and turned the game back on to share the ongoing meltdown even if it was going to be painful. it was a great moment because its always darkest before the dawn and the dawn came so brilliantly with a comeback win that was simply historic in my too many years of sports watching. It was a fantasy, it was fandemonium, it was fantastic.

Tell ya what, and I know im going to get hammered, but RJ throwing a bomb to Eric on the first play agaisnt the niners to ignite a home win and get us off the schneid. Yes, Flutie took over from there, but damn seeing that first play bomb from RJ(who I still was very high on) was just awesome.

Remeber so well as that was the only game I got to that year

Tell ya what, and I know im going to get hammered, but RJ throwing a bomb to Eric on the first play agaisnt the niners to ignite a home win and get us off the schneid. Yes, Flutie took over from there, but damn seeing that first play bomb from RJ(who I still was very high on) was just awesome.

Remeber so well as that was the only game I got to that year

389320[/snapback]

Yeah, that was pretty sweet. The 9ers looked unstoppable up until then and that was the first time we played them at home in like.....ever.