Anyone go to the Springsteen show last night?

BRH

Actually, though, 85 bucks is pretty much a bargain to see a guy of his stature.  What are the Stones charging?  McCartney?  The Eagles?  I put him right up there with those folks and they're charging well into the three digits.

Anyway, this time around he does have a piano.  And he did "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" on it last night.  I almost died.

385370[/snapback]

Have you seen the DVD of the barcelona show that is out? It's awesome.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my 6-year-old daughter to the solo Springsteen show at HSBC last night.  It was her first time (and actually her first "grown-up" concert).  She, who is already a huge Bruce fan and knows the words to many of his songs, had a great time and I'll remember it forever; a great father-daughter moment.

The Boss was in rare form last night.  Six tour premieres, including "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)," "Darkness On The Edge Of Town," "You're Missing," "Prove It All Night," plus a killer back-to-back run of "State Trooper" and "Nebraska."  I prefer the E Streeters' energy but was pleasantly surprised by the solo show.

Cue all the bashers' comments about how he sucks, etc.  Just don't get this moved to PPP, please.  :doh:

385016[/snapback]

Springsteen is my favorite musician and in my opinion one of the greatest rockers of all time.

I would have loved to have been at that concert :)

Like all the money he donates? Like the fact on a few of his tours he would go into each city and find something no one cared about and then give them 10-20K of his own cash to fix it? Like in Phoenix there were miners that were getting sick from going down in the mines for Phelps Dodge so he bought them equipment that could save their lungs? Like during the Born in the USA tour throughout 84 and 85 when he donated 10,000$ to Food Banks and Veterans groups in almost every city he played in? Like all the cash he put in the Fallen Patriot Fund? That really sucks.

385223[/snapback]

What a punk! :doh:

Springsteen fans are too poor to afford the hippie lettuce.  Plus, since all the small farms have closed due to corporate giveaways, they no longer grow their own.

385289[/snapback]

Plus, I'm told them spend more time doing lines of Brioschi.

Like all the money he donates? Like the fact on a few of his tours he would go into each city and find something no one cared about and then give them 10-20K of his own cash to fix it? Like in Phoenix there were miners that were getting sick from going down in the mines for Phelps Dodge so he bought them equipment that could save their lungs? Like during the Born in the USA tour throughout 84 and 85 when he donated 10,000$ to Food Banks and Veterans groups in almost every city he played in? Like all the cash he put in the Fallen Patriot Fund? That really sucks.

385223[/snapback]

Yeah, he's the best. Well, except for the fact that he's an adulterer.

Yeah, he's the best.  Well, except for the fact that he's an adulterer.

385566[/snapback]

Do you hate everyone one of your friends and colleagues and heroes who has been an adulterer? Besides, both he and his ex-wife will tell you that getting married was a bigger mistake than him cheating on her. C'mon, you can do better than that. You haven't made a mistake in your life?

Especially considering that a rich, cool, good looking, gracious, rock star with a sense of humor is probably the most sought after sex object in this world.

Granted, I don't like adultery myself. And do not condone it ever. And it was a big mistake by him, and makes him a lesser man. And he never should have done it, especially the way he did. If there is any consolation, the woman he fooled around with is his second wife now, they have a few kids and are very happily married from all I know about it.

Do you hate everyone one of your friends and colleagues and heroes who has been an adulterer? Besides, both he and his ex-wife will tell you that getting married was a bigger mistake than him cheating on her. C'mon, you can do better than that. You haven't made a mistake in your life?

Especially considering that a rich, cool, good looking, gracious, rock star with a sense of humor is probably the most sought after sex object in this world.

Granted, I don't like adultery myself. And do not condone it ever. And it was a big mistake by him, and makes him a lesser man. And he never should have done it, especially the way he did. If there is any consolation, the woman he fooled around with is his second wife now, they have a few kids and are very happily married from all I know about it.

385577[/snapback]

I've made mistakes. Sometimes I'm late for stuff (not often and rarely my own fault - but it has happened). Occasionally I say something untoward in mixed company. I'm known for being extremely rude to telemarketers and stupid people (last week I rolled down my window just to call a lady screaming at the parking attendant a dumb (rhymes with bunt) because she blamed him for her inability to follow simple signs.

Breaking the sacred bond of marriage isn't a mistake I'd make and it's one of the very few things on this planet I'm completely intolerant of. If you're not happy, get a divorce. Just don't cheat on your spouse.

The Boss'll be happy to know you've got his back. Maybe he'll invite you to party with Lil' Steven or something. If he does, ask him for his bandanna.

No E-Street Band = No Sale

385617[/snapback]

Yeah, me too. I like the Boss (seen the E-Street'ers 3 times), but I just don't dig the Woody Guthrie thing he's into right now (Arlo's another matter...I'd love to see Bruce do some satirical stuff to leven his serious songs).

I've made mistakes.  Sometimes I'm late for stuff (not often and rarely my own fault - but it has happened).  Occasionally I say something untoward in mixed company.  I'm known for being extremely rude to telemarketers and stupid people (last week I rolled down my window just to call a lady screaming at the parking attendant a dumb (rhymes with bunt) because she blamed him for her inability to follow simple signs.

Breaking the sacred bond of marriage isn't a mistake I'd make and it's one of the very few things on this planet I'm completely intolerant of.  If you're not happy, get a divorce.  Just don't cheat on your spouse.

The Boss'll be happy to know you've got his back.  Maybe he'll invite you to party with Lil' Steven or something.  If he does, ask him for his bandanna.

385584[/snapback]

you're doggin' a rock star for adultery? that's reaching ...

I took my 6-year-old daughter to the solo Springsteen show at HSBC last night. It was her first time (and actually her first "grown-up" concert). She, who is already a huge Bruce fan and knows the words to many of his songs, had a great time and I'll remember it forever; a great father-daughter moment.

The Boss was in rare form last night. Six tour premieres, including "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)," "Darkness On The Edge Of Town," "You're Missing," "Prove It All Night," plus a killer back-to-back run of "State Trooper" and "Nebraska." I prefer the E Streeters' energy but was pleasantly surprised by the solo show.

Cue all the bashers' comments about how he sucks, etc. Just don't get this moved to PPP, please. :lol:

WOW, what a show. Powerfull. I loved RENO. I liked how you could hear Bruce singing the words without some moron sitting next to you singing along at the top of their lungs.

I wished he had played this show at Shea's.

I've been a big fan since the 70's.  He puts everything into his live shows, and I think he's a great songwriter.

He does not suck.  He's a successful musician and is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 

You may not like him at all.  I can't stand Rush, that guy's voice reminds me of Alvin and the Chipmunks, but I cannot deny the talent.

It's a great country full of choices.

385235[/snapback]

actually one of the worst sounding voices ever(imo) is springstein.bruce has such a miserable sounding voice. very dull sounding MUSH mouth.and then theres those faces he makes,those looks he has.the one were it looks like he is crapping out 5 ten pound bowling balls at the same time. --the guy from rush certainly has a different sounding voice,but i kinda dont mind it. but bruces voice is worse then nails

scratching a chalk board.

actually one of the worst sounding voices ever(imo) is springstein.bruce has such a miserable sounding voice. very dull sounding MUSH mouth.and then  theres those faces he makes,those looks he has.the one were it looks like he is crapping out 5 ten pound bowling balls at the same time. --the guy from rush certainly has a different sounding voice,but i kinda dont mind it. but bruces voice is worse then nails

scratching a chalk board.

388339[/snapback]

Kinda like your typing?

385577[/snapback]

bruce is considered good looking????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

if that skank face mush mouth is considered good looking,then i look like brad pitt with a young schwarzennegers body. good gracious lord in heaven. -he gets laid because he is rich and famous.if he wasnt,i would bet he would be the worlds oldest living virgin.

bruce is considered good looking????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

if that skank face mush mouth is considered good looking,then i look like brad pitt with a young schwarzennegers body. good gracious lord in heaven.    -he gets laid because he is rich and famous.if he wasnt,i would bet he would be the worlds oldest living virgin.

388360[/snapback]

Come on little boy, move along.... :unsure:

Springsteen is the greatest living American Rock Star............And, whoever above was giving him respect for putting on a long show, should also realize that when I started going to concerts in '77 and I saw a ton of them in the late 70s. You could expect to see a band for 90 minutes and that was it..............Bruce changed the whole landscape in my opinion - giving the people their money's worth.............When I saw the Stones in '78 they played for about 90 minutes with no encores. Last time I saw them, I bet they played 2 and a half to three hours, with encores, etc. You can thank Bruce for proving it all night.

My only real complaint about the concert the other night was his rendition of Reason To Believe. That is my favorite song off Nebraska, and it was absolutely unrecognizable, and probably the worst song I've ever heard anybody do in concert.

My only real complaint about the concert the other night was his rendition of Reason To Believe.  That is my favorite song off Nebraska, and it was absolutely unrecognizable, and probably the worst song I've ever heard anybody do in concert.

388547[/snapback]

I will agree with that. I don't mind Bruce taking different approaches to familiar songs -- his rendition of Promised Land was just fantastic -- but that take on Reason was just horrible. Part of it was the acoustics, I think -- I have heard it sounded better in other venues on this tour. I particularly disliked it because in addition to being incomprehensible, it was way, way too long, and I'm surprised my daughter was patient enough to sit through it. Fortunately he more than made up for it. Sandy followed by Leap of Faith, State Trooper, Nebraska and Maria's Bed was one of the best five-song runs I have ever heard in my life.