anyone see mythbusters last nite?

about shooting guns at people in the water? It was pretty facinating when they got to the larger shotguns and calibered bullets, how the bullets disintegrated on impact in the water, yet the pistols fired fatal shots. that was pretty cool.

about shooting guns at people in the water?  It was pretty facinating when they got to the larger shotguns and calibered bullets, how the bullets disintegrated on impact in the water, yet the pistols fired fatal shots.  that was pretty cool.

381414[/snapback]

I did not see it but if it was on the subject of physics versus what is shown in movies, you may enjoy this site: http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/

I did not see it but if it was on the subject of physics versus what is shown in movies, you may enjoy this site: http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/

381449[/snapback]

GREAT SITE! A must read...

It's one of the reasons I enjoy the movie Ronin so much. It's incredibly realistic.

GREAT SITE! A must read...

It's one of the reasons I enjoy the movie Ronin so much. It's incredibly realistic.

381512[/snapback]

Vincent: How did they finally get to you?

Sam: They gave me a grasshopper.

Spence: What's that?

Sam: Lessee, two parts gin, one part brandy, one part Creme de Menthe... :D;)

about shooting guns at people in the water?  It was pretty facinating when they got to the larger shotguns and calibered bullets, how the bullets disintegrated on impact in the water, yet the pistols fired fatal shots.  that was pretty cool.

381414[/snapback]

Blew me away, I saw it and couldn't believe it.

I especially liked the episode where they tested out the myth that you could kill a man with a playing card.

The card launcher he made out of a powered drill was nice. Similar in mechanics to a baseball pitching machine, just in miniature and sitting on top of a power drill. If you know a good tool and die guy that you can grease with a case of beer or some cash, you can have him cobble one up to place on top of a Black and Decker Cordless drill. Sweet.

excellent site...i wasted a good chunk of time there just now :D

381520[/snapback]

In the past, so have I. Hence, I wanted to sucker some more poor saps into doing the same. ;)

Being an engineer by training, even I was surprised about how many of these sequences I took for granted when they make no scientific sense.

I like it because I recognize a lot of the places they do stuff. They do a lot of stuff on the old Naval Air Station in Alameda, CA. I think that's where their shop is.

Adam (the short guy ) worked on the minatures in the third Matrix movie (saw him on the DVD). For the second Matrix, they built a one mile fake highway for the chase scenes on the old runway area of the base.

381414[/snapback]

I saw that. I wondered if the fired straight down into the water, what would happen to the bullets.

I saw that. I wondered if the fired straight down into the water, what would happen to the bullets.

382154[/snapback]

The very basic fundamentals of science. What happens if...

I was touring some VIP guests at my laboratory a couple weeks ago and we came upon a scientist working on his experiment. The scientist took some time out to explain his experiment as it was gonig on. It was some high level stuff that would probably never come down to consumer science, but still groundbreaking stuff.

The VIP asked what the point of the experiment was. The scientist started to explain some higher level stuff, but then stopped, looked at him baffled and said: "To find out what happens."

I loved that.

about shooting guns at people in the water?

I saw the first part of the show, (that shotgun part was surprising and pretty cool) but I missed the part about the attempt to get the guy on the swing to go all the way around~i wondered how it went

what happened?

381414[/snapback]

Didn't catch that show, but they are great. Hopefully I'll catch it on re-run.

Is the chick with the tatoos hot (Scotty?sp?)?