[OT] Ok, get out your tape measures!

SDS

tomato plants of the year so far? I have a 7 footer (grape) right now with a couple of 6 ft cherries coming up the rear... Unless I get 9-10 ft stakes, these things will start to buckle over soon if they get any bigger!

tomato plants of the year so far?  I have a 7 footer (grape) right now with a couple of 6 ft cherries coming up the rear...  Unless I get 9-10 ft stakes, these things will start to buckle over soon if they get any bigger!

380431[/snapback]

In a related story, Scott's tomato of the year state fair awards were stripped when two of his entered competitors were found to have traces of tomatobolic steroids in their system.

Congress is convening.

In a related story, Scott's tomato of the year state fair awards were stripped when two of his entered competitors were found to have traces of tomatobolic steroids in their system.

Congress is convening.

380435[/snapback]

That's a bunch of crap! That cream stated it was for sun damaged leaves only! I bought it at Home Depot! :angry:

tomato plants of the year so far?  I have a 7 footer (grape) right now with a couple of 6 ft cherries coming up the rear...  Unless I get 9-10 ft stakes, these things will start to buckle over soon if they get any bigger!

380431[/snapback]

We don't have a garden per-se, but our container-grow toms are 5 ft. tall and we planted them late. We have beefsteak and some cherry. The cherry are just starting to get ripe, and they are sweet and wonderful.

How often does everyone have to water them? I water 2x per day or else they wilt.

We don't have a garden per-se, but our container-grow toms are 5 ft. tall and we planted them late. We have beefsteak and some cherry. The cherry are just starting to get ripe, and they are sweet and wonderful.

How often does everyone have to water them? I water 2x per day or else they wilt.

380511[/snapback]

I'm surprised you have ripe ones up there are my 1st ones came around last week. You should be a month behind.

I water 2-3x a week, but they are in the ground. Maybe you need to water a little more deeply?

I'm surprised you have ripe ones up there are my 1st ones came around last week.  You should be a month behind.

I water 2-3x a week, but they are in the ground.  Maybe you need to water a little more deeply?

380518[/snapback]

We got the smaller cherry tom plant and it had some green ones on it when we planted it.

Our beefsteak plant is probably at least a week away. At least.

Watering - we have ours on our south-facing deck, which gets lots and lots of sun, and also gets reflected light from a light colored stucco wall. We have a self-watering planter with a 4-gallon reservoir (tomato planter) and we refill that almost every day. The other planter needs watering 2x a day - probably because it's too small.