Why was this guy walking the streets

Unreal, to see how he was able to continue his behavior over the last few decades. Even after a 14 year period of incarceration, he still came out and did worse.

It seem once a year I post my favorite article, and here it is again, in honor of this idiot who is wasting precious oxygen...

Joe Arpaio, Sheriff

Another article

Come to Minnesota, everyone here is so nice. We let our Level 3 sex offenders walk the streets at night, because even perverts have rights. They moved three into our neighborhood and didn't even bother informing us, even though its the law. I found about it, when I checked the website. The program director told me it was normal procedure not to inform the neighborhood residents, since it would make the pervert a marked man. No consideration for the residents, but we are certainly worried about hurting the a$$holes feelings.

Suggestion: We should volunteer them for medical research. It would please everyone, even PETA, since technically they are not animals, and PETA abhors the thought that a lab rat would endure medical research. Or we could use them to detect radiation in nuclear power plants, since we can't castrate them. Thanks to Hillary and Pat Schroeder....even sex offenders have rights.

Violent prisoners can be rehabilitated - we just need more money for programs.

Sincerely,

Liberals

375985[/snapback]

I detect a load of sarcasm here.

You hit the nail on the head though. No conservative would want to spend a dime on these people unless it involves 4 steel reinforced walls.

These people should be locked up and the keys should be destroyed. How many times are we going to re-release these predators before we learn our lesson?

The wacko's at the ACLU will fight to keep these people out of jail, and to keep their identities secret.

Unreal, to see how he was able to continue his behavior over the last few decades. Even after a 14 year period of incarceration, he still came out and did worse.

It seem once a year I post my favorite article, and here it is again, in honor of this idiot who is wasting precious oxygen...

Joe Arpaio, Sheriff

Another article

375857[/snapback]

We need more people like Sheriff Joe...now theres a guy who knows how to get it done!!!!

Something ain't right when the terrorists at Gitmo are treated better than Arpaio's prisoners.

375866[/snapback]

And even worse when scumbag politicans and 'activists' spend their time whining about the treatment of those terrorists rather than paying attention to what kinds of people are on our streets. :devil:

Duncan's next encounter with the law came in April, when he was released on $15,000 bail  after being charged with molesting a boy in Minnesota. Police in Fargo, where his last-known address was, had been looking for Duncan since May, when he failed to check in with a probation agent.

it is times like these -- when a seemingly obvious blunder has been committed by the system -- when folks tend to oversimplify things. lots of knee-jerk reactions on both sides. the bottom line is that no system is perfect, but ours works better than people think. go live somewhere else for a while and then let us know how their legal system compares.

it is times like these -- when a seemingly obvious blunder has been committed by the system -- when folks tend to oversimplify things.  lots of knee-jerk reactions on both sides.  the bottom line is that no system is perfect, but ours works better than people think.  go live somewhere else for a while and then let us know how their legal system compares.

377191[/snapback]

A little bludder? This scum was a numerous time repeater. Just last year was convicted of molestation and released on parole because he had been good for a while. The courts and the system screwed this up big time. This and folks like him should have been jailed with no chance of parole a long time ago. Fine ry to rehab him once, twice , maybe. But when you are talking about repeating an offense and can't count the number on your fingers anymore, it is too much.

As horrific as they are - there will always be blunders/bad choices/accidents within any system.

Just look at the DSC "blunders" that result in children being beaten/starved/tortured to death.

It's sad....but it's life. :lol:

A little bludder?  This scum was a numerous time repeater.  Just last year was convicted of molestation and released on parole because he had been good for a while.  The courts and the system screwed this up big time.  This and folks like him should have been jailed with no chance of parole a long time ago.  Fine ry to rehab him once, twice , maybe.  But when you are talking about repeating an offense and can't count the number on your fingers anymore, it is too much.

377466[/snapback]

excuse me, but where did i use the word "little" in my post?

your reaction to this horrible event is just what i'm talking about. i'm not suggesting that what happened is excusable or even understandable. go read my post again.

I detect a load of sarcasm here.

You hit the nail on the head though.  No conservative would want to spend a dime on these people unless it involves 4 steel reinforced walls.

These people should be locked up and the keys should be destroyed.  How many times are we going to re-release these predators before we learn our lesson? 

The wacko's at the ACLU will fight to keep these people out of jail, and to keep their identities secret.

376499[/snapback]

The ACLU had nothing to do with this guy but sure, go ahead and blame them anyway. He did 20 years on one offense so no one kept him out of jail and when he got out everyone was told of his presence in their neighborhood so no one kept his identity secret. He did it again and was released pending trial when he met bail. The DA involved apparently did not press for denial of bail. Why do I see post after post with stereotypical rants about liberals and the ACLU and not a wiff of a complaint about the District Attorney who stood before the Judge during the bail hearing and said nothing? I guess exploiting tragic crimes for political gain is no longer considered shameful and addressing the real problems associated with this terrible case not worth the time to go beyond catch phrase rants.

This was in Idaho for crying out loud. All that DA had to do was tell the Judge the guy did 20 years for raping a 14 year old and no sooner was he out, he gets nabbed again. "Judge, if he is convicted again he will be going to jail for a long, long time and therefore will have nothing to lose in committing additional offenses while awaiting trial on these new charges" is what the DA should have argued. "Clearly your honor, he is a threat to the community and a flight risk." If the DA made that argument, I guarantee you that the Judge would have ordered him held without bail.

Just another story of an underpaid, overworked government employee who let one get by him with tragic results. There are ways to fix that problem but that would entail some hard work, making difficult choices and *gasp* spending some money. Its much easier to blame political bogeymen like liberals and the ACLU.

The ACLU had nothing to do with this guy but sure, go ahead and blame them anyway.  He did 20 years on one offense so no one kept him out of jail and when he got out everyone was told of his presence in their neighborhood so no one kept his identity secret.  He did it again and was released pending trial when he met bail.  The DA involved apparently did not press for denial of bail.  Why do I see post after post with stereotypical rants about liberals and the ACLU and not a wiff of a complaint about the District Attorney who stood before the Judge during the bail hearing and said nothing?  I guess exploiting tragic crimes for political gain is no longer considered shameful and addressing the real problems associated with this terrible case not worth the time to go beyond catch phrase rants. 

This was in Idaho for crying out loud.  All that DA had to do was tell the Judge the guy did 20 years for raping a 14 year old and no sooner was he out, he gets nabbed again.  "Judge, if he is convicted again he will be going to jail for a long, long time and therefore will have nothing to lose in committing additional offenses while awaiting trial on these new charges" is what the DA should have argued.  "Clearly your honor, he is a threat to the community and a flight risk."  If the DA made that argument, I guarantee you that the Judge would have ordered him held without bail. 

Just another story of an underpaid, overworked government employee who let one get by him with tragic results.  There are ways to fix that problem but that would entail some hard work, making difficult choices and *gasp* spending some money.  Its much easier to blame political bogeymen like liberals and the ACLU.

377498[/snapback]

And you know this how?