Oh, this is nice....real nice!!!

CentralVaBills

Other than the fact I'm not a salmon fan, screw the penne.

TIME OUT - SERIOUS COOKING QUESTION

I use a microwave steamer a lot - convienience and time. Am I better off just adding the liquid and the vegetables on the tray at the same time? Or is it better to heat the liquid to boiling, then add the veggies and steam? I know the microwave is going to cook the vegs as they steam them, but it just seems like I lose a lot of calories heating water and can easily overdo/underdo the vegetables.

I had thought about pre-heating the liquid, then cutting back the traditional time by 30% or so. Thoughts? (Besides getting a vegetable steamer, I have a big seafood steamer - not going to buy new cookware for something I fix once per month.

Thanks in advance, Chef.

OK, BACK TO FRIVOLITY AND ASS-WHUPPIN'S!!!

373197[/snapback]

I have bamboo steam trays which I use for veggies. I boil water(in less then 30 minutes I might add) and then cover the trays. The veggies keep their nutrients and I can check how cooked the veggies are. Not sure if thats the answer you are looking for but veggies come out awesome that way

I have bamboo steam trays which I use for veggies.  I boil water(in less then 30 minutes I might add) and then cover the trays.  The veggies keep their nutrients and I can check how cooked the veggies are.  Not sure if thats the answer you are looking for but veggies come out awesome that way

373210[/snapback]

Man, I feel lame. Thank you. I actually forgot that I have a bamboo steamer. We used to practice Dim Sum recipes we got from some friends in Hong Kong. I'll dig it out. I think, when I put it up, that I had it rubbed down with sesame oil.

Seriously, I'm not kidding. I forgot I had it. Age, you know.

If you don't know the difference between uncooked noodles and noodles that taste like crunchies, I can't help you.

Maybe you missed that chapter?

373147[/snapback]

And with this statement, it has come to be proven that Coli is absolutely right. You are simply a comic genius.

And with this statement, it has come to be proven that Coli is absolutely right. You are simply a comic genius.

373254[/snapback]

took you a while to join the retatta thread, LA...welcome, welcome.

so the truth finally comes out -- you ARE an attention whore!!

373235[/snapback]

Is every comment I make meant for serious discussion? No. Does someone posting about a loved one who passed away earlier in the day "cry out for attention". I think not.

If you can't distinguish a difference you are worse off than I thought.

I wish you were non existent.

373271[/snapback]

i wish for a lot of things...such as for you to continue posting so that i can get a day's worth of entertainment while at my desk.