The best part of Bush's speech last night

This report concluded that Hamas and Hizballah have spurned Iraq, but other terrorist organizations could act as surrogates to conduct terrorist activities for the Iraqi government. It also concluded that there were ties to terrorist groups and that Saddam was reaching out to more groups.

371100[/snapback]

My understanding of what the CIA meant by safe-haven did not include Iraqi cooperation with these groups, but knew they were somewhere in the country.

Of course, the Iraqi gov. did not controll the Kurdish North-east were they were to have alleged to have been. "Reasonable" in the intelligence estimate has specific content, it does not mean verifiable.

(side-point)

interestingly enough, the movements that Bush praised in his speech in Lebanon have been urging Hizballah to retain their guns.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People, this is what you get when you start diggging a hole for yourself...

You said:

Funny, I didn't know that AQ was the only terrorist organization we should be concerned with in the GWOT.

What other terror group attacked us on 911?

I asked where is Al Qaeda on that list of Saddam's terror buddies... and you went off about...

Clinton put Iraq on the State Sponsors of Terrorism list. The UN specifically mentioned them in the countless resolutions after the cease-fire agreement. Iraq was to give up all ties to terrorist activities. They did not and the UN specifically mentioned that they did not give up those activities, violating the cease-fire agreement.

370934[/snapback]

Those activities are related to the Palenstinian terror groups Not Al Qaeda... so YES YOU ARE trying to link other groups to our fight, thus justify the invasion.

<_<

I believe we should stay andd kick butt now that we are there. But Bush is a total F up when it came to the reason to invade, the strategy, and the planning.

My understanding of what the CIA meant by safe-haven did not include Iraqi cooperation with these groups, but knew they were somewhere in the country.

Gee that sounds like our country... maybe we should put Bush in the same cell as Saddam. <_<

Those activities are related to the Palenstinian terror groups Not Al Qaeda... so YES YOU ARE trying to link other groups to our fight, thus justify the invasion.

<_<

371137[/snapback]

So what defines an Al Qaeda member these days anyway? Do they have to know OBL or just agree with him? It's not like these guys have ID cards.

I believe we should stay andd kick butt now that we are there. But Bush is a total F up when it came to the reason to invade, the strategy, and the planning.
Somehow I don't think Bush was the person who came up with the strategy and planning behind the invasion. The President isn't usually the guy standing in front of a huge map of a region with a laser pointer explaining which divisions will be attacking where.

OTOH, maybe he should have just advised them to "kick butt."

Somehow I don't think Bush was the person who came up with the strategy and planning behind the invasion.  The President isn't usually the guy standing in front of a huge map of a region with a laser pointer explaining which divisions will be attacking where.

371148[/snapback]

It certainly sounds like he had more to do with it than people on his own staff, who were much more qualified....

Well, unless their name is Stalin or Hussein.

371154[/snapback]

Or Hitler. But I guess that makes sense for the Bush = Hitler moveon.org crowd who pictures W bathing in crude oil and ordering the Air Force to bomb civilians.

Funny, I didn't know that AQ was the only terrorist organization we should be concerned with in the GWOT.

So you think 911 is the only terror attack worth retaliation? Allrighty then....

I would try to fix your quoting fiasco, but it isn't worth the effort since you apparently do not like to actually read posts before responding.

371137[/snapback]

You are really having trouble with the reading comprehension thingy, aren't you (along with a suprising inability to use the quote feature). My post was in response to the GWOT and Iraq being involved in the GWOT. Do you understand what GLOBAL means? Let me explain the concept for you, since the previous question was rhetorical: the GWOT is to fight all states and non-state actors responsible for terrorist activities. I am not sure if you are aware of this, but there have been a few more attacks other than 9/11 and at least a handful of organizations outside of AQ who have been involved in terrorist activities.

I have never used terrorism to justify the war in Iraq. You randomly change the argument in mid-debate and try to attach philosophies to people who have never said nor implied agreeing with those philosophies. It doesn't work and it just makes you look desperate.

For example:

1) Bush wants to fight the GWOT. You read that Bush is saying that Iraq was reponsible for 9/11. <_<

2) I say that Clinton had Iraq on the list of State sponsors of Terrorism. You read that I am trying to tie Palestinian terorist groups to the Iraq invasion. :(

3) I say that the UN has repeatedly stated that Iraq has violated the cease-fire agreement including the terrorism provisions. Again, you read that I am trying to tie Palestinian terrorist groups to the invasion of Iraq. :lol:

You still have this fascination with trying to say that the GWOT is only focused on AQ.

Keep digging, Sparkey. Eventually, you might dig up a clue.

So you think 911 is the only terror attack worth retaliation? Allrighty then....

371170[/snapback]

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

People, this is what you get when you start diggging a hole for yourself...

You said:

I asked where is Al Qaeda on that list of Saddam's terror buddies... and you went off about...

Clinton put Iraq on the State Sponsors of Terrorism list. The UN specifically mentioned them in the countless resolutions after the cease-fire agreement. Iraq was to give up all ties to terrorist activities. They did not and the UN specifically mentioned that they did not give up those activities, violating the cease-fire agreement.

370934[/snapback]

<_<

371137[/snapback]

Are you REALLY so dense as to think terrorist groups are so thoroughly stovepiped? Do you know how al Qaeda's organized to begin with?

It certainly sounds like he had more to do with it than people on his own staff, who were much more qualified....

371153[/snapback]

What???????

I mean, here's a bunch of people saying "Bush is a total idiot, he's a complete !@#$-up, he couldn't find his own ass with both hands and a map, he's the worst president ever...but he, all by his lonesome with NO help from anyone with experience in the matter, planned and executed the political AND military strategy down to the operational level for the invasion of Iraq."

<_<

Do you have ANY idea how completely !@#$ing stupid and clueless you sound? :(

Are you REALLY so dense as to think terrorist groups are so thoroughly stovepiped?  Do you know how al Qaeda's organized to begin with?

371191[/snapback]

No...no...no...You have it all wrong. There is only one terrorist organization and that is AQ. I expected better from you, Tom. <_<

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

371172[/snapback]

I'm starting to have a real problem with this whole "No Child Left Behind" thingy. It's obviously not working.