The best part of Bush's speech last night

I'm starting to have a real problem with this whole "No Child Left Behind" thingy. It's obviously not working.

371211[/snapback]

Blame Teddy Kennedy. He wrote the legislation.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Including you?

370996[/snapback]

Including me. I STILL have a rolled up 2 x 4 map in my office with all the Iraqi ammo dumps containing WMD, production facilities and labs marked on it. I'm trying to find out if it's been declassified yet, so I can bring it home for a souvenier. Might be worth something serious on EBay in 20 years.

What???????

I mean, here's a bunch of people saying "Bush is a total idiot, he's a complete !@#$-up, he couldn't find his own ass with both hands and a map, he's the worst president ever...but he, all by his lonesome with NO help from anyone with experience in the matter, planned and executed the political AND military strategy down to the operational level for the invasion of Iraq."

<_<

Do you have ANY idea how completely !@#$ing stupid and clueless you sound?  :(

371196[/snapback]

You're right, Bush had nothing to do with anything. He's just a puppet. Great excuse. OK, you lemmings are right... Iraq was the best thing we could have done to protect our country. It's going great, and boy am I happy we have this brilliant administration who puts the interest of our nation before their political party's best interests. :lol:

Including me. I STILL have a rolled up 2 x 4 map in my office with all the Iraqi ammo dumps containing WMD, production facilities and labs marked on it. I'm trying to find out if it's been declassified yet, so I can bring it home for a souvenier. Might be worth something serious on EBay in 20 years.

371225[/snapback]

Yeah but only if you look at it from a certain angle and can see the Virgin Mary......

371225[/snapback]

Ya, maybe our intellegence agencies will pay big bucks for it as not to be embarrased. <_<

Did you just admit that you think Saddam was a terrorist?  And, if so, doesn't that mean he'd fit in with the GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR?

371084[/snapback]

<_<

Careful now....his head might explode. It'll make a big mess all over the board.

You're right, Bush had nothing to do with anything. He's just a puppet. Great excuse. OK, you lemmings are right... Iraq was the best thing we could have done to protect our country. It's going great, and boy am I happy we have this brilliant administration who puts the interest of our nation before their political party's best interests. <_<

371227[/snapback]

I've been watching. I've come to the conclusion that you can't POSSIBLY be that much of a spoon fed moron. So, what's your point? If you truly believe in what you are saying, and think you are coming from a position of any understanding whatsoever, you really need to quit now, and do some serious reading on geopolitical issues in regards to the Middle East. Then, do some research into how the national security/defense system operates. After the general readings, I would suggest viewing the actual policy documents involved, such as the national security strategy of the US, and the national military strategy of the US. Wouldn't hurt to look over the homeland defense strategy, the national response plan, the publishable plan against terrorism and since terrorism and WMD ARE closely related issues, the national strategy to combat WMD. Then, hop over to the DOS website and take a look at what activities are going on through the state department in various parts of the world.

If you keep ANY kind of objectivity as you do that, you may still have the same gut opinions, but you might be able to have them with a basis in reality and will be better able to argue your position without sounding like you got your global view of the world from MTV news.

371225[/snapback]

I think i have the same map. I'm not real sure what to do with it tho as I think i inadvertantly intercepted a classified drop. The map, from a Captain K, was cleverly hidden in a box of children's breakfast cereal, most likely intended for George W Bush

I think i have the same map. I'm not real sure what to do with it tho as I think i inadvertantly intercepted a classified drop.  The map, from a Captain K, was cleverly hidden in a box of children's breakfast cereal, most likely intended for George W Bush

371253[/snapback]

Piccard can't even READ a map. And he eats Ho Ho's for breakfast.

The speech was more regurgitation of the same old. I didn't really see much new. I much preferred John Kerry's Op-Ed in the New York Times earlier that day about what Bush should say. He was actually articulate about the war, surprisingly laying out a good plan for Iraq.

Just goes to show how inept his campaign was. If he could have articulated his positions like he did in the campaign the same way he did in the op-ed piece, I think we would have had a different president. However, he appeared as the man who flipflopped (due to wanting to combat his previous hawkish votes to make sure Dean didn't win the nomination in the primaries with his famous "I voted for the war before I voted against it" line) and couldn't articlulate anything except "I have a plan".

The speech was more regurgitation of the same old.  I didn't really see much new.  I much preferred John Kerry's Op-Ed in the New York Times earlier that day about what Bush should say.  He was actually articulate about the war, surprisingly laying out a good plan for Iraq.

Just goes to show how inept his campaign was.  If he could have articulated his positions like he did in the campaign the same way he did in the op-ed piece, I think we would have had a different president.  However, he appeared as the man who flipflopped (due to wanting to combat his previous hawkish votes to make sure Dean didn't win the nomination in the primaries with his famous "I voted for the war before I voted against it" line) and couldn't articlulate anything except "I have a plan".

371273[/snapback]

Thank GOD he didn't.

Piccard can't even READ a map. And he eats Ho Ho's for breakfast.

371265[/snapback]

this obsession you have with Kirk/Picard was funny at first but now its just getting disturbing. :D

you and EC got a little too much manlove for James T :P

You're right, Bush had nothing to do with anything. He's just a puppet. Great excuse. OK, you lemmings are right... Iraq was the best thing we could have done to protect our country. It's going great, and boy am I happy we have this brilliant administration who puts the interest of our nation before their political party's best interests. :P

371227[/snapback]

Do you have ANY concept of how the world actually works? I've never known anyone before know that is actually more ignorant about these topics than your average action-adventure movie.

Normally I tell idiots to go read a book and then try to talk to me. You're on a whole new plane. You could read the friggin' comics and get an education.

The speech was more regurgitation of the same old.  I didn't really see much new.  I much preferred John Kerry's Op-Ed in the New York Times earlier that day about what Bush should say.  He was actually articulate about the war, surprisingly laying out a good plan for Iraq.

Just goes to show how inept his campaign was.  If he could have articulated his positions like he did in the campaign the same way he did in the op-ed piece, I think we would have had a different president.  However, he appeared as the man who flipflopped (due to wanting to combat his previous hawkish votes to make sure Dean didn't win the nomination in the primaries with his famous "I voted for the war before I voted against it" line) and couldn't articlulate anything except "I have a plan".

371273[/snapback]

Except it's likely he didn't write it, nor did he actually understand it.

Though I will give you his campaign was inept. Not quite as inept as Vice President Gore's but inept nonetheless. It's really not a surprise, given that Senator Kerry isn't much of a leader, nor was Mr. Gore.

How do you know Buckey is an adult?  For all we know he's a spunky 14 year old....

371334[/snapback]

I prefer to think the idiots here are adults. It allows my creativity to shine through without the "raised as a Catholic" guilt I'm supposed to wallow in.

Actually, it's because of adults like "Buckey" that it was put in place in the first place.

371306[/snapback]

I was assuming Buckey as an 'effect', not a 'cause', but I could be wrong....

:D You guys crack me up. Disagree with your opinion and you get attacked and insulted. Typical radicals. Some of you think so highly of yourselves :P , either you have an incredible inferiority complex that needs constant messaging or you truly believe that a small group of you ppp board posters are so "tuned in" and always correct that our entire government should consult with you before making any decisions. And you all seem to do the same thing you accuse everyone else of... you critisize without offering any solutions or outline in detail what you would do different other than general concepts. Thanks for the laughs. :lol:

:D  You guys crack me up. Disagree with your opinion and you get attacked and insulted. Typical radicals. Some of you think so highly of yourselves :P , either you have an incredible inferiority complex that needs constant messaging or you truly believe that a small group of you ppp board posters are so "tuned in" and always correct that our entire government should consult with you before making any decisions. And you all seem to do the same thing you accuse everyone else of... you critisize without offering any solutions or outline in detail what you would do different other than general concepts. Thanks for the laughs. :lol:

371348[/snapback]

I suppose if you actually conveyed your OWN opinions backed up by facts and at least a decent knowledge of history and an eye on the overall big picture instead of your MTV/Air America/Fahrenheit 911 pablum you've continually puked up here you wouldnt be constantly derided.