The best part of Bush's speech last night

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and the 19 hijackers all came from Iraq too.  Those activities do not support an invasion of another country, and as I recall, you did not support the Iraq war at it's inception either.

370857[/snapback]

...because, as we all know, the only terrorist group is AQ and the only terrorist activity before Gulf War Part Deux was 9/11. <_<

Say there Buckey I beg to disagree. I'm going to try and be civil here even though my daughter's boyfriend is a Navy Seal and 8 of them went down in a helicopter in Afghanistan today. I'm going to resist calling you a Phukin ingrateful piss ant and wishing that I could rip your Phukin head off right now.

My guess Buckey is that you have not served in the military and you probably haven't done anything in the way of public service (Peace Corps etc) for your fellow man. But you can let fly with the anti-administration rhetoric because you are from a political party not currently in power.

"Is it possible that you believe that people who; bomb food markets killing women and children, bomb playgrounds killing mostly children, kill countless men and women who want to serve their country in the police force, sever the heads of their hostages and continue to destroy oil lines, bridges, power grids that might bring the Iraqis out of the stone age are people we should leave alone? "

No, I don't believe that.

You missed my point completely. I said that Bush's reasoning is pure spin: We're fighting the terrorists over there so we don't have to fight them here".

I do believe we should attack and kill those who attack us and those who threaten world peace. But to those who pose no threat, and are not a priority, we should do all we can short of invasion, and Billions of taxpayer dollars and American's sacrificing their lives.

Goat Story?!? I missed that one. Something tells me that's probably a good thing...

370888[/snapback]

That was a Tennesseeboy-ism. Actually, all of the items mentioned were Tenny-isms.

Goat Story?!? I missed that one. Something tells me that's probably a good thing...

370888[/snapback]

On 9/11 the book he was reading with the children was called "The Pet Goat". The tards here ran around like idiots talking about how he didn't put the book down while the nation was under attack.

On 9/11 the book he was reading with the children was called "The Pet Goat".  The tards here ran around like idiots talking about how he didn't put the book down while the nation was under attack.

370895[/snapback]

Ah, all is clear now. Thanks!

Shhh...Terrorism did not exist in Iraq prior to the "invasion," remember.

[cut-and-paste from previous posts]

President Clinton had Iraq on the U.S. list of State sponsors of terrorism and the UN specifically listed Iraq (within resolutions) as a sponsor of terrorism.

Terrorist groups:

*Abu Nidal Organization – Received government sponsorship from Iraq

*Ansar al-Islam – Received safe haven in Iraq

*Arab Liberation Front – Formed and was stationed in Iraq. Iraq was the primary leader, and it is considered that this group was a proxy for the Iraqi government in the Palestinian Territories and in Lebanon.

*Movement of Islamic Action of Iraq – Formed in 1982, it was based in Iraq and Iran.

*Mujahedin-e-Khalq – Received military and financial support from Iraq, along with safe-haven.

*Palestine Liberation Front – Received financial support along with safe-haven.

[/cut-and-paste from previous posts]

370839[/snapback]

Gee, where is OUR enemy on that list? Al Qaeda?

You missed my point completely. I said that Bush's reasoning is pure spin: We're fighting the terrorists over there so we don't have to fight them here".

I do believe we should attack and kill those who attack us and those who threaten world peace. But to those who pose no threat, and are not a priority, we should do all we can short of invasion, and Billions of taxpayer dollars and American's sacrificing their lives.

370891[/snapback]

"Iraq is a long way from the U.S., but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." - Secretary of State Madeline Albright (February 18, 1998)

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." - President William Jefferson Clinton (Feb. 4, 1998)

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." - President William Jefferson Clinton (Feb. 17, 1998)

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." - Sandy Berger, Clinton Administration National Security Adviser, Feb. 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." - Madeline Albright, Secretary of State (Nov. 10, 1999)

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them." - Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) (Sept. 19, 2002)

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." - Former Vice President Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." - Former Vice President Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." - Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force--if necessary--to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D-MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" - Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Oct 10, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real" - Sen. John F. Kerry (D-MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"Iraq is a long way from the U.S., but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." - Secretary of State Madeline Albright (February 18, 1998)

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." - President William Jefferson Clinton (Feb. 4, 1998)

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." - President William Jefferson Clinton (Feb. 17, 1998)

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." - Sandy Berger, Clinton Administration National Security Adviser, Feb. 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." - Madeline Albright, Secretary of State (Nov. 10, 1999)

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them." - Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) (Sept. 19, 2002)

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." - Former Vice President Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." - Former Vice President Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." - Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force--if necessary--to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D-MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" - Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Oct 10, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real" - Sen. John F. Kerry (D-MA), Jan. 23. 2003

370905[/snapback]

Wow, that's all very interest...oooh, Survivor's on!

370905[/snapback]

The fact is, he didn't have WMD and was not a threat.

Yeah but how do we know that he's really telling the truth? <_<

The fact is, he didn't have WMD and was not a threat.

370919[/snapback]

Sure. I'm sure that's based on your intimate knowledge of the region garnered from your outstanding intelligence sources like CNN and MSNBC. After all, Al Qaeda is the only terrorist organization in the world we should be focusing on.

The best way to get out of a hole is to STOP DIGGING.