The best part of Bush's speech last night

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The part that kills me is that he thinks we're buying that spin about "We're fighting the terrorists over there so we don't have to fight them here". Sure Al Queda has guys in Iraq because they see an opportunity to kill some of our people and try to demoralize us. But Bush wants us to believe that's stopping them from planning and attacking us here. What a laugh. Ya, like the terrorists decided to stop planning attacks on our homeland just because we have troops in Iraq. Like they made some kind of promise not to come here and attack us as long as we are in Iraq. The sad thing is some fools actually believe that. I think that is excuse # 29 why we invaded Iraq. I don't know, I lost count.

Was the ending when he thanks the troops and the Military Families. He was sincerer and he almost started to cry. It showed that he does care about us.

370626[/snapback]

I really liked the part where he tried to talk about "sacrifice" to an audience that's bitching about their favorite reality-TV shows being preempted by his speech. <_<

As a society, we're totally !@#$ed.

Does anyone know if the suicide bombings in Isreal have subsided?  Or are we just not hearing about them as much because of what's going on in Iraq?

370711[/snapback]

They've subsided. The Intifada, for all intents and purposes, is over.

Of course, the Palestinians have reverted back to their regular, baseline level of terrorism.

The part that kills me is that he thinks we're buying that spin about "We're fighting the terrorists over there so we don't have to fight them here".  Sure Al Queda has guys in Iraq because they see an opportunity to kill some of our people and try to demoralize us. But Bush wants us to believe that's stopping them from planning and attacking us here. What a laugh. Ya, like the terrorists decided to stop planning attacks on our homeland just because we have troops in Iraq. Like they made some kind of promise not to come here and attack us as long as we are in Iraq. The sad thing is some fools actually believe that. I think that is excuse # 29 why we invaded Iraq. I don't know, I lost count.

370703[/snapback]

Anyone want to take this one?