(OT) Hot enough for you?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its actually been hotter in Buffalo the last couple of days than it has been here in Raleigh.

Last week I was in Phoenix and it topped out at 114*. And to tell you the truth, it really wasn't that bad.

Hottest June 27th in Buffalo History. 95 degrees at 3pm. It's also the 5th hottest day of all-time in Buffalo weather history. Hottest was 99 degrees on August 27th, 1986.

369097[/snapback]

I was in my pool a couple times this afternoon for long periods. A great day. :(

Hottest June 27th in Buffalo History. 95 degrees at 3pm. It's also the 5th hottest day of all-time in Buffalo weather history. Hottest was 99 degrees on August 27th, 1986.

369097[/snapback]

Weather swings are a fiction created by the liberal global-warming media. Things in the snow capital of America are exactly the same as they were when I was a kid in the '70's.

Weather swings are a fiction created by the liberal global-warming media. Things in the snow capital of America are exactly the same as they were when I was a kid in the '70's.

369146[/snapback]

Yes, the liberals did it.

:(

I was in my pool a couple times this afternoon for long periods. A great day.  :(

369120[/snapback]

I still get a kick out of the fact that I have never visited or lived in a place where more houses had pools compared to the Buffalo area.

369097[/snapback]

I survived 121* out here in like 1988. I was golfing the day before at 118.

Believe it or not, you do get used to it...

It's been 99 or so here at midday for a couple weeks now. But I walk 2 miles at lunch time, and it's not too bad.

The pool was too friggin' hot, though. Water was 94, like a bathtub. We opened up the spigot to add more water, and it was like opening a hydrant in the big city. A cool blast of 75 degree water!

Has Buffalo never officially reached 100? Is that possible?

We get two months of summer. Enjoy it! Yes it's hot, but in no time, we'll be scraping our windshields and shoveling our driveways.

Keep the 90's+ coming!

369318[/snapback]

Riiiiiight. Try 5 months, since it stays in the 70's for most all of September. <_<

Riiiiiight. Try 5 months, since it stays in the 70's for most all of September.  <_<

369434[/snapback]

Sorry, I was using exaggeration, but if you recall, this year, like many others in WNY, kept us in winter-type temps for too long, and then shot us right into summer. We got about 3 weeks of "spring". Sorry, but for as much as people paint buffalo with the "snow capital" brush, I have a tough time complaining about 90 degree weather.