Myron Cope has retired

Oy Yoy....!

"Marn" was a legend, and knew a bunch about what's what in football.

Knowledgable man.

Bless ya, Myron - you were a treat to listen to in the 11 years I lived in the greater Pgh. area!!!

363580[/snapback]

It was Van Miller last year...now it is Myron.....the golden oldies are going

one by one....

i'm sure i'm in the minority, but i couldn't stand listening to that guy. what an obnoxious accent. and, of course, i hate the friggin' steelers.

that said, he was a legend i guess, and it's always sad to see them go.

as one who was in Chicago for Harry Carey's last season, and now in Pittsburgh for Cope's swan song, I say they both ended their careers too late. Both of them were exhausting and annoying to listen to. Cope, just cuz of his voice, and Carey cuz he was drunk most of the time.

i'm sure i'm in the minority, but i couldn't stand listening to that guy.  what an obnoxious accent.  and, of course, i hate the friggin' steelers.

that said, he was a legend i guess, and it's always sad to see them go.

363613[/snapback]

I'm with ya on this one.

Listening to Myron was similar to chalk screeching a chalkboard...

We had to listen to him when the Bills lost to the Steelers in Jan on our drive back to WV,,,and it was terrible....To quote Mrs. Lew." Do we HAVE to listen to this?"

Oye..

as one who was in Chicago for Harry Carey's last season, and now in Pittsburgh for Cope's swan song, I say they both ended their careers too late.  Both of them were exhausting and annoying to listen to.  Cope, just cuz of his voice, and Carey cuz he was drunk most of the time.

363676[/snapback]

would you eat the moon if it were made of spare ribs?