10 Movies you can watch over and over again

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pulp fiction -- you can pick it up at any point and it just grabs you again.

363316[/snapback]

I keep hearing people say how great it was, but this is one of 2 movies that I rented that I ever quit watching. What did you like about it?

I keep hearing people say how great it was, but this is one of 2 movies that I rented that I ever quit watching.  What did you like about it?

364228[/snapback]

Oh I dunno...

------------------------------------

Fabienne: Whose motorcycle is this?

Butch: It's a chopper, baby.

Fabienne: Whose chopper is this?

Butch: It's Zed's.

Fabienne: Who's Zed?

Butch: Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

-----------------------------------

The Wolf: That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

Jules: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Stuff like that. You might want to give it another shot.

Star Wars...and only Star Wars...I can't stomach Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, et al any more.

Field of Dreams...possibly the best movie of all time..."Hey Dad, wanna have a catch"...great line...still brings tears to my eyes no matter how many times I've watched it.

Guns of Navarone...David Niven is classic!

The Magnificent Seven...unbelievable cast.

And finally...Bring It On with Kirsten Dunst...she is so hot.

I will just pick one that hasn't been mentioned and that is Death Wish with Charles Bronson.

Maybe it comes from the rage and hostility that comes with living in cities all my life. But I just liked seeing someone fight back and make a difference. City life can be a little frustrating at times.

No need to worry about me. Honest! <_<

American History X

Shawshank

Menace to Society

Boys in Da Hood

Do the Right Thing

Goodfellas

True Romance

Pulp Fiction

Boogie Nights

Back to the Future (any of them)

366035[/snapback]

Except for the Back to the Future films, I really like all of those choices. I have a lot of them in my DVD collection, though there's a few I really would like to add, such as Boogie Nights (great movie), Boys N Da Hood, and Goodfellas.

I keep hearing people say how great it was, but this is one of 2 movies that I rented that I ever quit watching.  What did you like about it?

364228[/snapback]

it's freaking brilliant. great dialogue, great characters, great acting. bizarre scenes. it's like a bunch of short stories, which is why you can pick it up at any point. perhaps it's too violent and graphic for some -- hence the name "pulp" fiction -- but i'm not advocating it for the under 18 crowd.

just a great, great movie.

Full Metal Jacket

Die Hard

History of the World, Part I

Rudy

Braveheart

The Patriot

Sniper

Reservoir Dogs

Gladiator

Army of Darkness

366132[/snapback]