Mass Deportations? That sure sounds like fascism, probably because it is.

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Yes, it’s the one where he wants to purity test Hispanic people, obliterate families and force hundreds of thousands back into poverty and danger. 

We have major problems here at home and that should be taken care of FIRST before anything else.

No one forced those illegal immigrants to come here and break our laws by not coming here LEGALLY. 

It's NOT OUR PROBLEM that they are in poverty and danger in their own countries.

Because they are breaking our laws, THEY DON'T BELONG HERE. Period. End of story. 

Why doesn't every other country on earth vet foreigners, but it's ok for us to allow millions of illegal immigrants to flood our country?

They are more than welcome here if they come here LEGALLY.

What the fvck do you dumb sh!t pandering ret@rded leftists NOT UNDERSTAND about LEGAL immigration. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I hate having to be the self-appointed Voice of Reason. But here we go again:

- the language is needlessly offensive. Not sure if it's coming from the campaign, from think tank fellow travelers, or from so-called MSM reports. But "round-up' is simply not helpful. It's not helpful because it implies "to hell with the law, we're rounding 'em up and shipping 'em out")

- to the extent they mean "arresting and detaining those under orders of deportation," well, then, that is the law. The fact that the Biden Administration wishes to be selective about how they enforce those orders doesn't mean there's anything unlawful about doing it. I would like to see a little bit of discretion applied here in which orders to immediately enforce (classic case: single mom, one kid still under 18, why not wait until that kid is of age?), but a whole lot less discretion than the Biden Administration has seen fit to grant.

- to the extent that they're drumming up new infectious diseases to support a new invocation of Title 42 and a denial of the right to seek asylum or go through the mandated deportation process: that strikes me as cynical very likely unlawful. There are statutory remedies like detaining people until they clear a health review that aren't as drastic and that would probably better protect public health. I am never in favor of cheating a little on the law. The law is (or at least should be) the law.

So there. Maybe I'm too optimistic in saying that 98% of Americans would agree with me here? (with the remaining 2% being vastly overrepresented on PPP?)

The language is offensive, and the likelihood is that in a 4 year window, deportation on that scale is virtually impossible to imagine.   In addition, Americans of all political persuasion are generally decent people and support sensible immigration policy.   

What we have now is a clusterf*ck of unimaginable proportions.  Biden is the guy in charge, and he's been a fixture for 50 years.  The idea to hit him hard on immigration is the correct course of action.  I echo your concern about the language used, and there is a fine line to walk there.  However, we've seen an awful lot of reporting about democrats, especially in our cities, losing patience with the process as money is gobbled up by the machine to address the crisis.   

I think it's reasonable and appropriate to tie crime in all its forms to Biden and Co.  Talk about assaults, robberies, sexual assaults, murder on both sides of the border, the involvement of some of the most dangerous criminal organizations on the planet.  Ditto with infectious diseases.  

Follow the law as you have suggested, and improve it where necessary. 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Really? Creating sprawling camps to concentrate the illegal ones is not "rounding up" people?

I think the estimate is that there are well over a million people presumably still in the US who are under orders of deportation. I don't think it's a "round up" to say that there will be a plan to find and deport them in a systematic way. "Round up" is both wrong as a policy (and really not doable even if it weren't wrong), and offensive as a statement since people are not cattle.

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

Hey snowflake

My pretty little snowflake

Ooh, ooh, the change in the weather Has made it better for me.

Hey snowflake, my pretty little snowflake

I take it you didn't read anything I said other than that "round up" is not a helpful term.

If you had, you might have noticed that I may just agree with you.

But that would be no fun.

2 hours ago, phypon said:

Listen to you talking all dirty like.  I didn't know you're name was Banal.  How you doin?

I know you are but what am I.

Insult comic, meet Pee Wee Herman

• Thank you (+1) 1

Here's the official ICE numbers for the fiscal year that ended September 30, 2023:

This year, Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) nearly doubled immigration enforcement arrests and increased removals for those with no legal basis to remain in the country from the totals cited in last year’s report. ICE ERO’s 142,580 removals and 62,545 Title 42 expulsions to more than 170 countries worldwide in Fiscal Year 2023 reflect increased capacity and agreements to conduct removals and returns – particularly after the lifting of the Title 42 public health emergency on May 12.

As a reference point, Obama's ICE Director implemented prosecutorial discretion saying that ICE lacked the capacity to execute more than 400,000 removals per year.

We don't need to do any "round ups" or build "concentration camps" to raise the number of removals by almost 200%. And obviously more resources could allow for more than 400,000 deportations, still done in an orderly fashion that is respectful of due process and the law.

27 minutes ago, njbuff said:

We have major problems here at home and that should be taken care of FIRST before anything else.

No one forced those illegal immigrants to come here and break our laws by not coming here LEGALLY. 

It's NOT OUR PROBLEM that they are in poverty and danger in their own countries.

Because they are breaking our laws, THEY DON'T BELONG HERE. Period. End of story. 

Why doesn't every other country on earth vet foreigners, but it's ok for us to allow millions of illegal immigrants to flood our country?

They are more than welcome here if they come here LEGALLY.

What the fvck do you dumb sh!t pandering ret@rded leftists NOT UNDERSTAND about LEGAL immigration. 

We don't operate in a zero-sum game. We can do more than one thing at once. 

Our immigration system is broken. It takes thousands of dollars and YEARS to immigrate. That is unacceptable. 

If we want to compete with China, we need more workers, more families, and so forth. The world birth rates are all declining, and so it will fall on immigration to help us keep up. 

Other countries are having the same exact problem as us, albeit with different ethnic groups. Millions across the globe want a better life. Who are we to deny them? 

So, that is what this "dumb sh!t pandering ret@rded leftist" believes. Yes, our immigration system needs reform, but mass witch hunts and round ups are completely unacceptable means of doing it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

The problem is that it was a terrible idea to open up the border to anyone that wanted to cross, use loopholes and interpretations in asylum application process to facilitate it, and have no plan or funding in place to handle the influx of people in any controlled and organized manner.

11 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The problem is that it was a terrible idea to open up the border to anyone that wanted to cross, use loopholes and interpretations in asylum application process to facilitate it, and have no plan or funding in place to handle the influx of people in any controlled and organized manner.

Terrible idea? But our businesses need workers and these people want jobs. Win win. America is so great people want to come here. Russia sucks and people are fleeing that badly run, loser country 

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Terrible idea? But our businesses need workers and these people want jobs. Win win. America is so great people want to come here. Russia sucks and people are fleeing that badly run, loser country 

That's the excuse and a myth used to enact a lot of bad policy decisions. It hurts American workers. There is no shortage of unskilled labor available in America that can't fill job openings. Companies want to hire illegals so they can pay them less than minimum wage and in many cases pay them "under-the-table" while avoiding payroll taxes and other costs like healthcare which then puts the burden on Medicaid and other taxpayer provided assistance. Add in the cost of other social assistance programs used by immigrants at a higher rate than citizens. In the process a surplus of workers suppresses wages and benefits for the working poor. Its certainly not a win-win for American workers or the taxpayer.

And companies needing skilled labor can sponsor employees through legal means through visa programs or do what many companies do is set up offshore operations or outsource some segments of their operations to overseas vendors.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

That's the excuse and a myth used to enact a lot of bad policy decisions. It hurts American workers. There is no shortage of unskilled labor available in America that can't fill job openings. Companies want to hire illegals so they can pay them less than minimum wage and in many cases pay them "under-the-table" while avoiding payroll taxes and other costs like healthcare which then puts the burden on Medicaid and other taxpayer provided assistance. Add in the cost of other social assistance programs used by immigrants at a higher rate than citizens. In the process a surplus of workers suppresses wages and benefits for the working poor. Its certainly not a win-win for American workers or the taxpayer.

And companies needing skilled labor can sponsor employees through legal means through visa programs or do what many companies do is set up offshore operations or outsource some segments of their operations to overseas vendors.

Not true. The economy is people. More people, bigger economy. All these people coming in and look at the economic growth. We still don't have enough people to fill all the jobs. You guys get your way and inflation will grow, goods and services will be in shorter supply and businesses will not be able to expand. These people pay taxes and support the Social Security and medicare situation. The aging population in the US needs more people to pay into the sysytem

America has always been about immigration. We should stay that way. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

another hysterical red herring with no intention other than distraction, courtesy of ABC News

So Trump doesn't want to deport millions of workers?

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not true. The economy is people. More people, bigger economy. All these people coming in and look at the economic growth. We still don't have enough people to fill all the jobs. You guys get your way and inflation will grow, goods and services will be in shorter supply and businesses will not be able to expand. These people pay taxes and support the Social Security and medicare situation. The aging population in the US needs more people to pay into the sysytem

Please carefully read the false equivalence of the ABC News post comparing Hitler to Trump. Hitler's intention was never to deport 11 million Jews. It was to exterminate the entire race as part of the Final Solution. If you can't see the cascade of problems caused by illegal immigration, you are being myopic and/or willfully ignorant.

And stop referring to them as "workers". They are illegal immigrants first, most of whom are content to live off the government teat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

another hysterical red herring with no intention other than distraction, courtesy of ABC News

Really bothers you that it's out there, doesn't it...?

Does Trump being synonymous with Hitler bother you?

Just now, BillStime said:

Really bothers you that it's out there, doesn't it...?

Does Trump being synonymous with Hitler bother you?

sh*t post lies from BS Time carrying the water for ABC News and Ron Filipkowski (...among others) bother me

I'm laughing at the Trump/Hitler comparisons. It's distractions like this which are all your side has at this point, and the Dems will manufacture more between now and November. Your side has no record to run on, so continue being the BS messenger.

The left truly has a dizzying intellect.  Trump is Hitler.  Then Putin is Hitler.  Now they are both Hitler.  Who's the next Hitler, because, "the new thing"...  Meanwhile, Ukraine is burning down churches and supports a legit, bona fide Nazi battalion with the Asmov battalion.  All the while calling everyone a "Nazi" now.  I guess that's their recycled word of the month.  F*cking petulant 5 year olds.  Nobody is listening to you people anymore.  It's not working.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

sh*t post lies from BS Time carrying the water for ABC News and Ron Filipkowski (...among others) bother me

I'm laughing at the Trump/Hitler comparisons. It's distractions like this which are all your side has at this point, and the Dems will manufacture more between now and November. Your side has no record to run on, so continue being the BS messenger.

Indeed, it upsets you, I understand. Hitler was a horrific person who committed suicide for a reason.

I don't require ABC or Ron to interpret what Trump actually says... but nice try.

The following isn't used by mistake:

Hitler: "One people, one realm, one leader"
Trump: "One people, one family, one glorious nation"

Hitler: I will take care of the "enemy within"
Trump: I will take care of the "threat from within"

Hitler: Jews and migrants are poisoning Aryan blood
Trump: Migrants are "poisoning the blood of our country"

Hitler: Adolf Hitler:  I have no desire to give comfort to the church-goers, the believers in democracy, the crooked-legged jew vermin. To the parasitic scum who infest Germany, this will be a warning - a warning they will never accept. No! "Mein Kampf" is for those who will follow me. They'll read it, believe it, act upon it.

Trump: We pledge to you that we will root out the communists, Marxists, fascists, and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country,"

Neither do you blame Jews for destroying America, disparage Jews for not voting for you, nor dine with antisemites by accident.

Praising Hitler for doing ‘a lot of good things’ doesn't happen inadvertently.

None of this happens by accident.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Technology and innovation are taking the future in a very different direction. Automation has replaced many low value tasks and AI has the potential to replace and leverage many skilled tasks too. Bigger populations is not better. This belief assume resources are infinite. They are not. All that approach guarantees is the consumption of more and greater levels resources which are finite and many subject to depletion. 

The key to a thriving ecomomy is productivity at higher levels of output. Mass import of more unskilled workers is not the path to prosperity.

You want to import millions of engineers and scientists and skilled craftsman like electricians? Let's do that. What you endorse is bringing in more people that consume way more than they produce. It's like running a business where you sell a dollar for fifty cents. 

Or our current less productive economy where we incur about 3 1/2 dollars of debt to produce 1 dollar of "growth". That's not productive, efficient, or desirable. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills