Please Don't Vote

5 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Back to the point a dem PAC sued a 15 week limit that got it thrown at the federal level.   Ow it's not a federal issue.  

Now amount of "double backing" makes that false. 

So that “please don’t vote” thing? I think I found out who it should be directed to. 
You no doubt think that Rosa Parks was at fault for ruining the jovial Back of the Bus club. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well that degenerated into EVERY OTHER THREAD pretty quickly. 

Getting back to the point of THIS thread: why would anyone blame Biden for the erosion of abortion rights?

My leading theory: it’s the “it happened on his watch” effect. Think about it. The sitting president gets blamed for everything that goes wrong (from the perspective of people who think repealing Roe was wrong). That may be because the sitting president tries to seize credit for everything that goes right during his term, whether or not he had anything to do with it. We’ve conditioned people that way. 

Just a bunch of ignorant people.  Some of the same that believe the 2020 election was fraudulent.  Or those that believe that vaccines are bad.  These are low information, low capacity, easily fooled dolts.  intellectual capacity is bell shaped in a population..  These are those at the bottom (somebody has to be). I suspect other than that, it's multifactorial:  the timeline (as you suggest), a lack of understanding about how SCOTUS works, intellectual isolation ( they're surrounded by other dummies), a preconceived political bias, lack of curiosity, lack of tools/time to garner info etc.  We need to remember the grade school level civics understanding within some groups.  There are folks that can't name half the states and have never been outside their own state...These are some of them.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Dislike 2

18 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Just a bunch of ignorant people.  Some of the same that believe the 2020 election was fraudulent.  Or those that believe that vaccines are bad.  These are low information, low capacity, easily fooled dolts.  intellectual capacity is bell shaped in a population..  These are those at the bottom (somebody has to be). I suspect other than that, it's multifactorial:  the timeline (as you suggest), a lack of understanding about how SCOTUS works, intellectual isolation ( they're surrounded by other dummies), a preconceived political bias, lack of curiosity, lack of tools/time to garner info etc.  We need to remember the grade school level civics understanding within some groups.  There are folks that can't name half the states and have never been outside their own state...These are some of them.

I think I go with the “it happened on his watch” theory of blame because these alternatives are, well, more depressing. But I fear that at least some of it is true. 

What we see here at PPP is a lot of high information voters. But the wrong information. Not all information is created equal. Some random Twitter feed’s take on a news story is not the news story. People have completely lost the ability to make that distinction. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think I go with the “it happened on his watch” theory of blame because these alternatives are, well, more depressing. But I fear that at least some of it is true. 

What we see here at PPP is a lot of high information voters. But the wrong information. Not all information is created equal. Some random Twitter feed’s take on a news story is not the news story. People have completely lost the ability to make that distinction. 

Which is similar if not identical to low information. They lack the tools to discern information from disinformation and a basic understanding of things like government and science.. They’re prey to the slickest information manipulators who purposely spread lies and falsehoods for their own benefit. It’s no accident that MAGA has targeted these folks.   They’re very good at it.  It’s been done for centuries. It usually starts with attacking the press and offering up a common enemy. 

This country is so evenly divided, only a few states are going to decide the election. And in those states, the undecided, uninformed voters, those who don’t pay attention to the issues, those most susceptible to misinformation are going to decide those states and the outcome of the election. That’s where we are at.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

This country is so evenly divided, only a few states are going to decide the election. And in those states, the undecided, uninformed voters, those who don’t pay attention to the issues, those most susceptible to misinformation are going to decide those states and the outcome of the election. That’s where we are at.

Should we bookmark this in case Biden wins? Something tells me you’ll be singing a different tune if that’s how it plays out. 

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Should we bookmark this in case Biden wins? Something tells me you’ll be singing a different tune if that’s how it plays out. 

Sure. And if Biden doesn’t win, we B word and moan for four years and then vote again in free and fair elections. That’s the American way. Only one party seems committed to that way now though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Andy1 said:

Sure. And if Biden doesn’t win, we B word and moan for four years and then vote again in free and fair elections. That’s the American way. Only one party seems committed to that way now though. 

You're optimistic.

9 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

the tune will be very different in that case.  The demographics will explain it simply:  

As was the case in the 2018 midterms, voters with and without college degrees each accounted for roughly half of the Democratic Party’s voters in 2022 (51% held college degrees while 49% did not).

By contrast, a majority of Republican voters in 2022 had no college degree (63%); a smaller share had a college degree or more (37%). This is similar to the shares of Republican voters with and without a college degree in 2018.

White voters without college degrees made up a majority (54%) of Republican voters in 2022, compared with 27% of Democratic voters. Yet the share of Republican voters who are members of this group was down 4 points compared with the 2020 presidential election.

Pew data

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

”I SHALL REVIEW THE EVENTS OF THE DAY, CONSULTING ONLY APPROVED SOURCES AND DIRECT YOU AS TO HOW TO FEEL ABOUT IT”

-The Frankish Town Crier 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A thread to document the appalling ignorance of a lot of Americans.

a new survey of registered voters was released last week from Navigator Research showing that a sizable number of Americans, incredibly enough, held Biden responsible for “the overturning of Roe v. Wade and the elimination of the federal right to an abortion.” That opinion was held by 34 percent of self-identified independents, 32 percent of Black voters, and 42 percent of Hispanic voters.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/notable-quotable-campaigning-on-roe-biden-held-responsible-new-poll-3c26a4fe?mod=WTRN_pos7&cx_testId=3&cx_testVariant=cx_171&cx_artPos=6

I was listening to the POTUS channel on Sirius last weekend and a GOP and Dem pair were taking calls from identified R or D callers….moderated by someone. The complete ignorance and or brainwashed takes expressed by the callers left the two analysts speechless many times. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

”I SHALL REVIEW THE EVENTS OF THE DAY, CONSULTING ONLY APPROVED SOURCES AND DIRECT YOU AS TO HOW TO FEEL ABOUT IT”

This is how politics work.  Both sides want to shape your vision.  One side does it mostly with lies, some outrageous (eg Qanon)  One side does it sometimes.  One side is easily fooled.  One is more analytical,  generally speaking...see Pew.

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is not exclusive to Presidents.  We apply the same logic to QBs, CEOs, coaches, plant supervisors, etc.  It's part of leadership and  responsibility for what you manage or run.  After the Eagles game when Coach Brady was not on the field when Gabe ran the wrong way or Josh threw it they wrong way said it was his fault.  The CEO of Boeing didn't forget to tighten those door bolts causing it to fall off in flight, but he took the fall. See how this works?

18 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is not exclusive to Presidents.  We apply the same logic to QBs, CEOs, coaches, plant supervisors, etc.  It's part of leadership and  responsibility for what you manage or run.  After the Eagles game when Coach Brady was not on the field when Gabe ran the wrong way or Josh threw it they wrong way said it was his fault.  The CEO of Boeing didn't forget to tighten those door bolts causing it to fall off in flight, but he took the fall. See how this works?

except the boeing exec had the power to improve quality.  biden couldn't change a stacked SCOTUS which was another's doing.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

except the boeing exec had the power to improve quality.  biden couldn't change a stacked SCOTUS which was another's doing.

Excuses excuses excuses

How does a stacked Supreme Court prevent President Biden from making better decisions about the economy?