Hope for Opelousas and Bills Mafia

Posted (edited)

This ***** just warms my heart for so many reasons. 

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/it-was-just-donation-after-donation-buffalo-bills-fans-donating-to-wr-keon-colemans-nonprofit-in-bulk

Bills Mafia has raised over 160k for Coleman's charity of choice.  

Even more, that charity is the one that helped him become the man he is today. (They take youths after school to mentor and help)

Bills fans are really a family.  We do fight, literally and verbally but at the end of day we will break bread like no other

Edited by TBBills Fan
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

37 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Yeah, this is great.  It's a small charity.  They were thrilled when the mafia had initially donated only $3,500.  

They've tweeted out their appreciation...

Not only are they small but they are also making a difference in the lives of young kids

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

A winter coat drive seems natural next time but this is amazing 

Coming from a place of complete ignorance, I have to ask (I'm guessing given your name and profile pic that you're in the know...) how cold does it get down there? Are winter coats something of a scarcity?

3 minutes ago, yall said:

Coming from a place of complete ignorance, I have to ask (I'm guessing given your name and profile pic that you're in the know...) how cold does it get down there? Are winter coats something of a scarcity?

In one of the videos I’ve seen Keon says he was colder with the wind cutting thru him in Opelousas than he was in Michigan. In Michigan you just put on a “puffer coat”.  Preferably one purchased in the summer, I’m sure. 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, yall said:

I am continually surprised by how many North Face, etc., jackets you see in sunny southern places.  When it's warm most of the year, 40 or 50 degrees can seem cold.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

I am continually surprised by how many North Face, etc., jackets you see in sunny southern places.  When it's warm most of the year, 40 or 50 degrees can seem cold.  

40 and 50 IS cold!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, yall said:

a few thoughts- 

doesn’t have to be his home town

certainly get some chilly days. We had some stretches in the 20s this year. Not just being uncommon but also being a damp windy cold can be real unpleasant. And plenty of places are designed to filter heat away from people to combat the summer (high ceilings, not great heat systems etc…)

last up- if uncertain how to put food on the table are you skipping meals to buy a coat for a short winter or just telling kids to layer up with some undershirts and a hoodie? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Isn't he going to be number zero?

Seems cruel to donate $0

I was generous and did it multiple times. And I'm feeling really good about myself.

• Haha (+1) 1

More seriously, it looks like a tremendous local grassroots ministry making a powerful difference in their community.

“I think a true test is, if a ministry were gone tomorrow, would it be missed?” . . . they would be missed.

https://www.klfy.com/local/evangeline-parish/non-profit-builds-lives-and-brings-new-life-to-community/?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1ZOg8BCgVoXQGRMTTurlc-2EijdDilKFcIOj7XyckGxsFw0wSv7Jh4kjU_aem_AcSN4TluoxRMY8_4beoWhWk6s9SNudga-9qXIcT8_Fe8zZgeixo6l46ybM10iKRrdJKdBZcj_mWi6d9uVYa4i5fr

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, NoSaint said:

a few thoughts- 

doesn’t have to be his home town

certainly get some chilly days. We had some stretches in the 20s this year. Not just being uncommon but also being a damp windy cold can be real unpleasant. And plenty of places are designed to filter heat away from people to combat the summer (high ceilings, not great heat systems etc…)

last up- if uncertain how to put food on the table are you skipping meals to buy a coat for a short winter or just telling kids to layer up with some undershirts and a hoodie? 

I think you read me wrong man. I wasn't questioning the need or the purpose. I literally was asking about the weather.

3 hours ago, yall said:

I think you read me wrong man. I wasn't questioning the need or the purpose. I literally was asking about the weather.

oh no worries just thought I’d share extra through’s. A coats super appreciated a few weeks a year but that’s a lot of money for some families for just a few weeks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

oh no worries just thought I’d share extra through’s. A coats super appreciated a few weeks a year but that’s a lot of money for some families for just a few weeks.

….and they will often outgrow them before the next cold season, so I guess you hope you can hand them down. . 

Regarding the weather, my least favorite is damp and windy around 40 degrees. That’s nasty! I’d rather have 10 degrees and snow……as long as a I have a good puffer coat! 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

….and they will often outgrow them before the next cold season, so I guess you hope you can hand them down. . 

Regarding the weather, my least favorite is damp and windy around 40 degrees. That’s nasty! I’d rather have 10 degrees and snow……as long as a I have a good puffer coat! 

yup. Especially hard on families if they only get a year out of them.

I think we just started keons closet, a take one/leave one winter coat charity.