Coleman = Benjamin, Davis = Moss - Beane players

3 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Legit post if you're a glass half-full guy.  But Moss had a good year last year and while I'm not on fire over the Coleman pick, reaction from Chris Simms and others has me far more comfortable. 

and Zack Moss without the severely broken ankle would prob still be on the roster.   

3 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Lazy comparisons 

The Moss - Davis comparison is not lazy IMO. There are a lot of similarities. They are both low centre of gravity, contact runners who want to run between the tackles and are suited to gap schemes that encourage them to get downhill. But if the point of this post is to argue Beane should value speed more then it should be pointed out that the biggest difference between them is Davis is decidedly faster and that shows up on tape.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

We are pretty young in the WR/TE/RB department for what it's worth. I mean, if Kincaid, Coleman, and Shakir end up being our top three receivers, that's a super young group. Then you have the developmental guys like Shorter....Cook and Davis at RB....this is a young skill position group.

More like giving in to your sadness

lol I’m pretty happy overall. When it comes to the Bills I’m pretty disappointed though. Considering we have one of the most talented QBs ever and we’re wasting him. 

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

Anyone else ever notice is the same crew that always likes everything negative said about the Bills?

Or the same people that always accept what the Bills do hoping for the best and think just because they are in an NfL front office they are smarter than everyone when it comes to football. 

and I’m not trying to tout myself or anyone else here. But that’s just a stupid point that so many people make. There’s tons of fans, or people on this board for that matter than I think now an immense amount of information when it comes to scouting these kids. 

3 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Beane has a real tendency for a certain type of player.

Ray Davis is a  Zack Moss clone

Coleman isn't too far off from Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess.

None of those guys panned out.

Seems Beane consistently under values speed in skill players.  I was hoping we'd come out of this draft faster and more explosive on O, but instead it's more of the usual.

Coleman would have been a decent replacement for Gabe. Similar skill set. Is Samuel supposed to be the Diggs replacement? Hard to see us being better on offense. 

Or defense for that matter. They don't seem to have a vision or plan for getting better than the Chiefs. Feels like a reset year.

Coleman is more like Mike Evans.

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

But that’s just a stupid point that so many people make. There’s tons of fans, or people on this board for that matter than I think now an immense amount of information when it comes to scouting these kids. 

LOL…yes, the message board guys are where the future of scouting is. 

😆

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

LOL…yes, the message board guys are where the future of scouting is. 

😆

Now your putting words in my mouth. 

point is, just because these people work for an nfl team doesn’t mean they know more. There’s plenty of people here or fans in general that know a lot about the college game. That watch the games. That scout these guys. That write articles on them. Etc. 

But what have you got to say about guys that nfl teams take (often early) in the draft and they become busts? Did the GM that took Ryan Leaf know more than others? What about the guy that took Jamarcus Russel? What about the GM that took Johnny Manziel? What about the GM that took Aaron Maybin? What about the GM that took Tim Couch? The list could go on and on. It’s a crapshoot. And to deny that is just as funny as what I said. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I’d like to pay attention to receiving yards. I don’t give a crap about him rushing the ball. He had 851 receiving yards. And it was by far his best he’s ever had 

Rushing yards don’t count, after all.  Maybe they should change the rules and make them worth half of receiving yards.  

If this Worthy kid everyone is crying about scores a TD on a jet sweep we’ll just ignore it based on your advice.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Rushing yards don’t count, after all.  Maybe they should change the rules and make them worth half of receiving yards.  

If this Worthy kid everyone is crying about scores a TD on a jet sweep we’ll just ignore it based on your advice.

Again… why are you bringing up worthy? What does he have to do with it? I never once said we should even take worthy. I simply said we need more speed on this team. Hell, even Beane and McD admit it. Literally every season at the end of the season pressers. And they say they’re going to get faster and more explosive in the offseason. Literally EVERY SINGLE YEAR. And every single year we get to this point and wonder where that speed is. If they didn’t think we needed it, they wouldn’t say it. 

and no. Rushing yards do not count as far as when I’m talking about a WR. We have RBs in the team. A pretty good one in cook. And seem to draft one in the 3rd round like every single year. Only to let them go to another team in 2 years. See Singletary, and Moss. And replace them every single year. 

we also have a QB that has almost the most rushing TDs in the history of the league at the QB position.

How about we put some stock into guys that can actually catch the ball and get some receiving yards. we haven’t drafted one ever under this coaching staff. Davis was barely above average. 

We traded for diggs

brown was a FA

bessely was a FA

sanders was a FA

anyone else that you want to point to is nothing special at least to this pointing their careers. Time will tell on Shakir but as of right now, you cannot claim him yet 

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

Again… why are you bringing up worthy? What does he have to do with it? I never once said we should even take worthy. I simply said we need more speed on this team. Hell, even Beane and McD admit it. Literally every season at the end of the season pressers. And they say they’re going to get faster and more explosive in the offseason. Literally EVERY SINGLE YEAR. And every single year we get to this point and wonder where that speed is. If they didn’t think we needed it, they wouldn’t say it. 

and no. Rushing yards do not count as far as when I’m talking about a WR. We have RBs in the team. A pretty good one in cook. And seem to draft one in the 3rd round like every single year. Only to let them go to another team in 2 years. See Singletary, and Moss. And replace them every single year. 

we also have a QB that has almost the most rushing TDs in the history of the league at the QB position.

How about we put some stock into guys that can actually catch the ball and get some receiving yards. we haven’t drafted one ever under this coaching staff. Davis was barely above average. 

We traded for diggs

brown was a FA

bessely was a FA

sanders was a FA

anyone else that you want to point to is nothing special at least to this pointing their careers. Time will tell on Shakir but as of right now, you cannot claim him yet 

They said they want guys that are more explosive.  That does not necessarily mean a certain 40 time.  Would the one metric Coleman aced make him explosive?  The safety they drafted is supposed good on blowing things up in the box.  Explisive?  Samuel is pretty fast by your metric.  Explosive?

it would be easier if you would just be honest and say you would have disagreed with anything they had done early in the draft.  

One more thing.  You want someone who can actually catch a football?  How many drops did Coleman have in college?

Edited by oldmanfan

39 minutes ago, mrags said:

lol I’m pretty happy overall. When it comes to the Bills I’m pretty disappointed though. Considering we have one of the most talented QBs ever and we’re wasting him. 

I'll let Josh be the judge of that. By all accounts, he's speaking up for what he wants and the FO is listening. 

I lean more towards coaching and in game decisions that are wasting Allen, not the talent on the field.

38 minutes ago, gjv said:

Coleman is more like Mike Evans.

God, I hope so.  Evans is a freak - 6'5" and ran in the 4.5s.  He had consistent college production as well - multiple 1,000 yd seasons I think.

Coleman should be good, but I hope he doesn't end up like many so college big-bodied WRs that cannot simply overpower and out jump NFL CBs.  That's been the record recently.  It's now all about guys that get separation.  

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They said they want guys that are more explosive.  That does not necessarily mean a certain 40 time.  Would the one metric Coleman aced make him explosive?  The safety they drafted is supposed good on blowing things up in the box.  Explisive?  Samuel is pretty fast by your metric.  Explosive?

it would be easier if you would just be honest and say you would have disagreed with anything they had done early in the draft.  

One more thing.  You want someone who can actually catch a football?  How many drops did Coleman have in college?

Go back to sleep 

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

I'll let Josh be the judge of that. By all accounts, he's speaking up for what he wants and the FO is listening. 

I lean more towards coaching and in game decisions that are wasting Allen, not the talent on the field.

Allen spoke up and wanted Dorsey room that worked out well. 

Coaching is definitely wasting him. But this GM and his roster moves aren’t helping. If anything he’s enabling McDermott and the terrible decisions he wants to make on the football field. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

You troll a message board to...not read about the team? You could always just stick to listening to One Bills Live if you want straight homer content. 

Please, get a grip on yourself, the whining here is beyond the pale, it is not my fault that so many don’t understand what’s actually happening with the team at this particular point in time.
  Many fans live in a dream world as to expectations. I didn’t like every pick, but I understand why they were made, the team is temporarily broke, that all changes after this season, get comfortable with it or torture yourself, it’s not up to me to convince you one way or another…,  peace out bro, 😁👍🍸🚬

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

We are pretty young in the WR/TE/RB department for what it's worth. I mean, if Kincaid, Coleman, and Shakir end up being our top three receivers, that's a super young group. Then you have the developmental guys like Shorter....Cook and Davis at RB....this is a young skill position group.

More like giving in to your sadness

I'm hopeful Shakir takes the next step. He came on strong at the end, but he had two established WRs taking away the best CBs. He'll now be more of a target.

What bothers me is that we don't have a field stretcher anymore. That seems a shame with Josh's howitzer.

You'd have thought that after trading Steph and letting Gabe walk that they might have made more of an investment - traded up, drafted two guys, etc... The Diggs trade for a 2025 pick in particular stinks for this year. I guess the plan is to see who Josh can float.  Maybe he won't need a #1, but a variety of guys all on the same script. 

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

Go back to sleep 

Allen spoke up and wanted Dorsey room that worked out well. 

Coaching is definitely wasting him. But this GM and his roster moves aren’t helping. If anything he’s enabling McDermott and the terrible decisions he wants to make on the football field. 

You can’t deal with being challenged 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

You can’t deal with being challenged 

Dude. I’ve dealt with you all day. Just stop. Go back to sucking on McBeanes Teet and talking smack to people that are realistic about some of these questionable decisions with this team. 

Just now, mrags said:

Dude. I’ve dealt with you all day. Just stop. Go back to sucking on McBeanes Teet and talking smack to people that are realistic about some of these questionable decisions with this team. 

As I just said.  Fallback is personal insults.

8 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

God, I hope so.  Evans is a freak - 6'5" and ran in the 4.5s.  He had consistent college production as well - multiple 1,000 yd seasons I think.

Coleman should be good, but I hope he doesn't end up like many so college big-bodied WRs that cannot simply overpower and out jump NFL CBs.  That's been the record recently.  It's now all about guys that get separation.  

Coleman's an exceptional athlete and great route runner. I think that'll make a difference in allowing him to be successful. 

I don't think he's Mike Evans. I don't know why people started making that comparison. Wishful thinking, I guess.

He's Robbie Anderson to me. Robbie was the same height, but about 20 lbs lighter, which attributed to a faster 40 time. Yet Coleman had a better 10 yard split and the same vertical and broad jumps, give and take an inch respectively. Both are/were explosive, fluid athletes with great hands and jump ball getters.