Rd 5, Pick 141: C Sedrick Van Pran-Granger

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Mcgovern played center in college .. at the division one level 

And said he was supposed to play center in Dallas... But was forced to guard 

He sees himself as a lynchpin... He also is now one of the bigger centers in the NFL... Highly doubt he will play badly 

In fact I suspect he will play so well he will get a big contract from his next team... Which is why they're going to groom this kid

Like I said.. unproven, maybe he ends up being great and I hope he does, but it’s certainly no lock and if the rookie beats him out nobody will be shocked, McGovern hasn’t played C in years and hasn’t played C in the NFL at all.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Mcgovern played center in college .. at the division one level 

And said he was supposed to play center in Dallas... But was forced to guard 

He sees himself as a lynchpin... He also is now one of the bigger centers in the NFL... Highly doubt he will play badly 

In fact I suspect he will play so well he will get a big contract from his next team... Which is why they're going to groom this kid

He's under contract for 2 more years so if he plays well at C, he's going to be around for at least that long. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, julian said:

Like I said.. unproven, maybe he ends up being great and I hope he does, but it’s certainly no lock and if the rookie beats him out nobody will be shocked, McGovern hasn’t played C in years and hasn’t played C in the NFL at all.

I think most people around the game of football would be shocked 

It would be the biggest unseating of our training camp.... McGovern can play center

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's under contract for 2 more years so if he plays well at C, he's going to be around for at least that long. 

And I said VPG needed 1-2 years of grooming so 2 years fits.. he certainly needs one year of bulking up

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

If he wins the job in the first week of camp he won’t spend any time at guard. 

I think that’s unlikely but possible 

I am hoping he can earn it by mid season, if not then next offseason and we are set at Guard for 10 years maybe.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think most people around the game of football would be shocked 

It would be the biggest unseating of our training camp.... McGovern can play center

And I said VPG needed 1-2 years of grooming so 2 years fits.. he certainly needs one year of bulking up

Most people around the game of football lol .. ok guess I can’t argue that nugget 

we just disagree I guess, let the best player win.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, julian said:

Most people around the game of football lol .. ok guess I can’t argue that nugget 

we just disagree I guess, let the best player win.

I mean yeah if he clearly wins... 

But no most line coaches would not expect a fifth round center who plays with bad technique to beat an experienced NFL player 

They got rid of our starting center and cut our backup center because they knew McGovern could play it.. it is physically the easiest line position to play.. and he was a physical guard, he's now going to be one of the strongest centers in the league

They certainly weren't relying on a fifth round rookie that they didn't know would be on the team 

I'm just saying he has a really hard shot to start

Edited by Buffalo716

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean yeah if he clearly wins... 

But no most line coaches would not expect a fifth round center who plays with bad technique to beat an experienced NFL player 

They got rid of our starting center and cut our backup center because they knew McGovern could play it.. it is physically the easiest line position to play.. and he was a physical guard, he's now going to be one of the strongest centers in the league

They certainly weren't relying on a fifth round rookie that they didn't know would be on the team 

I'm just saying he has a really hard shot to start

He’s not an experienced NFL center, actually he has no NFL center experience is the point, I’m sure the coaches are comfortable with McGovern playing there, all I’m saying is he doesn’t have to beat out an entrenched veteran NFL center, he has to beat out a dude who’s shown zero at the position.

As I said, the rookie is competing from behind for sure… but shocked that a guy who hasn’t played center since college years ago gets beat out by a rookie who’s played the last 3 years in the SEC as a team captain ?

thats only a shock if you’re McGovern’s mom lol.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, julian said:

He’s not an experienced NFL center, actually he has no NFL center experience is the point, I’m sure the coaches are comfortable with McGovern playing there, all I’m saying is he doesn’t have to beat out an entrenched veteran NFL center, he has to beat out a dude who’s shown zero at the position.

As I said, the rookie is competing from behind for sure… but shocked that a guy who hasn’t played center since college years ago gets beat out by a rookie who’s played the last 3 years in the SEC as a team captain ?

thats only a shock if you’re McGovern’s mom lol.

Lmao there are plenty of great college players who don't become great pros 

he has a lot of things he need to work on

I root for the name on the front buddy.. you sound like his dad

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lmao there are plenty of great college players who don't become great pros 

he has a lot of things he need to work on

I root for the name on the front buddy.. you sound like his dad

Yeah, by saying I expect McGovern to start sounds like VPGs dad lol

I think I was the one rooting for the best player to play, I don’t care who it is, McGovern great, VPG great.

48 minutes ago, julian said:

I think I was the one rooting for the best player to play, I don’t care who it is, McGovern great, VPG great.

I don't care if it's Alec Anderson lol

I want the best guy to play.. I'm just pretty sure vpg won't win it this year 

Just my opinion

I think it was pff on twitter that gave their best picks in every round and SVP was rated as their best pick for the 5th round  

Everything I've read on him is promising and could definitely see him stepping in as the starting C on day 1. Which will allow Edwards to keep his role as the OL in 6 OL sets, which I thought was a role he did a helluva job in

5 hours ago, julian said:

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't care if it's Alec Anderson lol

I want the best guy to play.. I'm just pretty sure vpg won't win it this year 

Just my opinion

After reading your conversation I think it is safe to say that neither of you is a parent of McGovern or Van Pran, you both want the best guy to win a job, but one of you expects that to be Van Pran rather soon, and the other one expect the opposite :)

It will be interesting to see what happens next season for sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1