Iran attacks Israel

1 minute ago, yall said:

Cruise missiles have been reported to be fired now. 

Hopefully the good to come out of this will be the end of that wacko regime in Iran.

Expected this.

Defensive system saturation.

Will be interesting to see the outcome.

They clearly didn't heed the "don't" admonition from our executive branch.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Expected this.

Defensive system saturation.

Will be interesting to see the outcome.

They clearly didn't heed the "don't" admonition from our executive branch.

To be fair blaming Trump or Biden (I'm seeing both flavors of that nonsense) is silliness.

This has been decades in the making. Assuming we come to their aid, Iran will be set back decades both economically and militarily. Maybe most important is that their nuclear capability will be next to nothing when the dust settles.

Call me hawkish, but this might actually be a good thing in the long run.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, yall said:

To be fair blaming Trump or Biden (I'm seeing both flavors of that nonsense) is silliness.

This has been decades in the making. Assuming we come to their aid, Iran will be set back decades both economically and militarily. Maybe most important is that their nuclear capability will be next to nothing when the dust settles.

It’s all good.  

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s all good.  

Deterrence is a nice goal, but when you're dealing with a country run by non-rational actors, you still aren't likely to have an ideal outcome.

Also, short term != long run.

Yeah this is bound to be ugly for a little while, but it probably needs to be done. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, yall said:

Only a moron would blame Trump.  He hasn't been in Office for 3 years+ now.  Blame would definitely be more appropriate for the current occupant.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep it's always all about $$$$. The war machine feeds the economy which feeds the war machine and so on and so on. People are getting rich on this. The corruption never ends

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Only a moron would blame Trump.  He hasn't been in Office for 3 years+ now.  Blame would definitely be more appropriate for the current occupant.

And yet people are....