Trump's Actual Stated Positions on Abortion & IVF

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

My red state doesn't, in fact,talk

Ok, I guess if we're going to play the silly game of, 'I pretended I couldn't understand your question, because I didn't want to have to answer it', I'll rephrase it:

Does anyone know if LAWMAKERS IN red states are saying that abortion is murder, or if they just break social mores?  

I removed the trap warning, so I may as well get to the gist.  trumps(and the SCOTUS) 'stated position' is that different states will be allowed to define what a "person" is differently, and that what will be considered a murder in some states, will be a medical procedure in others.  To quote Irv, what a mess.  

Edited by daz28

17 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Ok, I guess if we're going to play the silly game of, 'I pretended I couldn't understand your question, because I didn't want to have to answer it', I'll rephrase it:

Does anyone know if LAWMAKERS IN red states are saying that abortion is murder, or if they just break social mores?  

I removed the trap warning.  

I think that rhetoric is certainly used. In your opinion, is "the taking of a human life" equivalent to "abortion is murder"?

6 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I think that rhetoric is certainly used. In your opinion, is "the taking of a human life" equivalent to "abortion is murder"?

That rhetoric IS used.  I added this to my last post, as I thought I'd get no takers:

I removed the trap warning, so I may as well get to the gist.  trumps(and the SCOTUS) 'stated position' is that different states will be allowed to define what a "person" is differently, and that what will be considered a murder in some states, will be a medical procedure in others.  To quote Irv, what a mess.  

8 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

If things were left up to the states trump would not be in the ballot in about 12 states!

They decided that Congress must enforce the Constitution.  Ironically, they then took the case to decide if the immunity clause is self-executing.  Iow, they're saying they can be hypocrites any time they want, and it's their right.  

Criticism from the right.

HMM. EVEN IF SO, BIDEN IS NO LINCOLN. 

On Abortion, Donald Trump Goes The Way Of Stephen A. Douglas.

BY: JOHN DANIEL DAVIDSON

Former President Donald Trump declared this week that abortion should be left to the states, that there should be no federal abortion legislation because “this is all about the will of the people,” and “whatever they decide must be the law of the land.” He released a video stating his position on Monday and reiterated it later in the week.

By taking this stand, that abortion should not be a federal issue, Trump has not just betrayed his pro-life supporters but taken the side of Stephen A. Douglas over Abraham Lincoln. He has insisted that popular sovereignty, not moral principle, should decide the abortion question, just as Douglas insisted popular sovereignty in the new federal territories must decide the slavery question.

https://thefederalist.com/2024/04/11/on-abortion-donald-trump-goes-the-way-of-stephen-a-douglas/

917fe848-9046-4118-81aa-fccda6486de4-105

As most of you know, abortion is sucking up most of the headlines in the legacy media at the moment despite there being no significant federal legislation or pending Supreme Court cases addressing the topic.

That's because the Democrats are running on abortion for this year's elections, lacking any other positive achievements to point to.

But what about Donald Trump? He hasn't been quiet on the subject, but his current position isn't making many people in the staunchly pro-life movement happy. He is being decried by some of his former supporters for a number of comments he's recently made. But will that cost him at the polls in November? National Review suggests that it potentially could, but when you pull back the lens a bit, it seems unlikely.

Trump's position on abortion is fairly basic and it's one that has been enthusiastically pushed forward by conservative analysts who are fighting to ensure that the GOP doesn't suffer yet another embarrassing loss to the most unpopular president of the modern era. The Supreme Court returned the abortion question to the states and that is where it belongs. Trump is taking credit for placing several of the justices that overturned Roe, which is what the pro-life crowd claimed they wanted for decades. Now he's ready to move on and let the Constitution serve as our guide. 

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2024/04/11/has-trump-filed-for-a-divorce-from-the-pro-life-movement-n3786308

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 7:06 PM, B-Man said:

or pending Supreme Court cases

The Alt Media nails it again!

https://www.wpr.org/news/heated-arguments-at-the-supreme-court-in-newest-abortion-case

that one was argued, umm, yesterday. So it is understandable that someone or something called "jazz-shaw" wasn't aware of it when that hotair article was posted two weeks ago.

But wait a minute, we've also got this one!

https://www.scotusblog.com/2024/03/supreme-court-appears-likely-to-allow-abortion-drug-to-remain-available/

Argued in March, before Mx. Jazz-Shaw started pecking out an incredibly stupid article!

And you tell me the Mainstream Media is biased so you have no choice but to trust the Stupid Media.

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

Bunch of fkn frauds 

The pro-lifers don't even have any leg to stand on besides religion, which they won't even admit is the REAL reason they want bans.  Simply ask them if they think it's murder.  If they say yes, then that means that any restrictions AT ALL would be legalized murder.  That has absolutely no grounds in law whatsoever.  We barely even have any executions for multi-murderers, but we'd have a law that said the fetus can be 'murdered', because of other people's irresponsibility.  Also, the idea of state's rights ISN'T to have different scattered very important social issues throughout the country adjudicated differently.  States right's is meant to allow states to have freedom to have separate laws that are beneficial to/for THEIR particular state.  Otherwise, why even have a UNITED states.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1