UNIPARTY

15 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Gee, I wonder if they'll weaponize this against X?

100% guaranteed.

My oh my, how things change when the shoe is on the other foot, Tarheel friend.

Trump signed an order banning Tik Tok as a security threat. Obviously he thought the President had the power to do that.

Now? "Please don't give the power I already thought I already had lest a different President uses it ..."

Meanwhile, The WSJ nails it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/honey-we-shrunk-the-gop-majority-house-republicans-55506c32?mod=opinion_lead_pos3

Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s motion Friday to oust Mr. Johnson as Speaker exposes the deception behind the coup against Mr. McCarthy. After we criticized that October coup as destructive and self-serving, Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz wrote us a letter saying that in electing Mr. Johnson the GOP now had a real conservative as leader.

So what’s wrong with Mr. Johnson now? Apparently because he’s not willing to indulge kamikaze acts like shutting down the government, Mr. Johnson is a sellout too.

Conservatives have long had a strong anti-Washington impulse, which is useful given the federal government’s relentless drive to expand its own power. But breaking that drive, and rolling back that power, requires calculation and often incremental gains. All the more so in a divided government.

The posers of the House GOP remind us of a comment by former Sen. Jim DeMint that he’d rather have 30 Senators who agreed with him than a Republican majority. Congratulations to Mr. DeMint. The current House GOP is close to realizing his ambition.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

NC Bills Fan, was this you?

https://heavy.com/news/max-azzarello-5-fast-facts-you-need-to-know/

The manifesto makes accusations against Peter Thiel and mentions former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush as well as Trump.

“That Bill Clinton was secretly on (former CIA Director) George H.W. Bush’s side, and that the Democrat vs. Republican division has been entirely manufactured ever since: Clinton is with Bush; Gore is with Bush; Trump is with Hillary, and so on,” it reads, claiming, “As it turns out, we have a secret kleptocracy: Both parties are run by financial criminals whose only goals are to divide, deceive, and bleed us dry.”

The New York Post reported that left “a rambling, incoherent 2,648-word manifesto.

Bears the hallmarks. Rambling. Incoherent. Angry.

RIP, buddy.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

NC Bills Fan, was this you?

https://heavy.com/news/max-azzarello-5-fast-facts-you-need-to-know/

The manifesto makes accusations against Peter Thiel and mentions former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush as well as Trump.

“That Bill Clinton was secretly on (former CIA Director) George H.W. Bush’s side, and that the Democrat vs. Republican division has been entirely manufactured ever since: Clinton is with Bush; Gore is with Bush; Trump is with Hillary, and so on,” it reads, claiming, “As it turns out, we have a secret kleptocracy: Both parties are run by financial criminals whose only goals are to divide, deceive, and bleed us dry.”

The New York Post reported that left “a rambling, incoherent 2,648-word manifesto.

Bears the hallmarks. Rambling. Incoherent. Angry.

RIP, buddy.

No, BillsFanNC wouldn’t take a break from this forum long enough to light himself on fire 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

What do you think, time to WAKE UP...or nah?

Wow, some defense contractors must have offered a really “pretty penny” to several Republicans…Corruption at its finest…’Merica! 😉

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Dumbest thread ever? 

I guess they gave up on the "Walk Away" Thread 

Why? The premise of the “Walk Away” thread and this one are completely different…Almost opposite, really…👍

13 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Why? The premise of the “Walk Away” thread and this one are completely different…Almost opposite, really…👍

Yes, that's my point! You guys went from claiming people are joining you to complaining--in this thread--everyone is against you, which is true. 

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

GLpMth5WoAAtFwl?format=jpg&name=small

Some people want to defend democracy, others, like the MAGA crowd, want to destroy it. 

What don't you get? 

Uniparty?

On the one hand i agree, the political class is largely in it for themselves and they always make sure to benefit from their position. 

On the other hand...~75% support is hard to deny. Or should the USA be ruled by 25%?

4 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

Uniparty?

On the one hand i agree, the political class is largely in it for themselves and they always make sure to benefit from their position. 

On the other hand...~75% support is hard to deny. Or should the USA be ruled by 25%?

"Uniparty" seems to mean "the adults in the room who are interested in governing and compromise". 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

Uniparty?

You answered it right there.

If they're not there to represent their constituents who elected them then why would it surprise anyone that they'd align behind their own collective self interests over anything else?

Edited by BillsFanNC

4 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

Uniparty?

The 25% is only the percentage of the politicians, not the people who voted for them…

The American citizens vote for their representatives, only to get the opposite of what they voted for…👍

• Agree 1