Pretty cool video. Experience the Bills beating the Chargers in the 1964 AFL Championship.

Beast

During the video they showed the season records for all the AFL teams.  The Bills had the best followed by Boston.  San Diego did not have an outstanding record, and should not have been a threat to the Bills.  But the Chargers scored on four plays on their first possession and could have possibly won, if Stratton hadn't broken Lincoln's ribs with an absolutely perfect tackie.

The muddy field, the red striped shirts for the refs, the goal posts on the goal line, and none of the formations or disguised defenses we have today.  It was really a different game.  

Also the Bills defense was incredible.  The front four all were great, Maguire and Tracy at LB, and ball-hawking DBs.  What a team.

14 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Mike Stratton had a great game and Paul maguire certainly saved the day on special teams. Reminded me somewhat of some recent games where we should have been up a lot more. The penalties and missed INTs were tough.  Go AFL Champions. 

I don't think anyone tracked red zone proficiency back then, but the Bills sure didn't capitalize when they had the ball down close.  

Cookie was a monster.  It's a shame they traded him after this game, but the Bills still won in 65 without him.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Cool film. Wish I’d posted it..

WAIT! I DID! Earlier this week…

🤦‍♂️

How terrible of he not to see your thread.

Here, allow me to give you the trophy you desire and deserve:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyihzrZXEmgoknFuGx-cW

• Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Cool film. Wish I’d posted it..

WAIT! I DID! Earlier this week…

🤦‍♂️

I’m so sorry for stepping on your toes, buddy. I’ll make sure to do better next time.

Or not.

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1