What's your definition of a good FA period, and are you really upset with any of the moves so far?

Virgil

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Nothing to be upset about.  I am concerned with the changes on the offensive line.

I imagine they bring in another veteran center or draft one and same at rb. 

I have the same concerns with the O-Line, based upon a tweet that said the Bills were going to move McGovern to Center.  That would be two changes to the line.  I'd prefer they leave everyone else where they were and either draft a guy (a few starters could be had in round 3), or get a veteran FA.

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't liked most of the moves but they had to be made.

I'll miss Dr. Poyer and Mr. Hyde because they were a great duo for this team. They came to the Bills the same year, I guess it's cool they go out together.

I'll miss Tre' as well but a prove it deal is about the best he'll get this year, the Bills couldn't pay him what he was due to make this year.

Morse it seems like I've been prepared for him to be gone for a couple years due to getting his bell rung so many times.

Hopefully Beane can fill holes at WR,C,DT,FS and DE (All Starters) during FA and the draft. He has a lot of work to do and still has to get below the cap.

• Like (+1) 1

It's going about as I expected so far and I never thought they'd make any major FA additions.  If they can re-sign Daquan Jones and find a decent starting safety at a bargain price,  I'll consider it a success from here.  

• Like (+1) 2

You can look at the Morse situation 2 ways.

1st, I'll mention that I was hoping that we could/would extend him so as to lower his cap hit.

That said, I think we saved like $8m releasing him, even after the dead cap hit & he signed for like what, $5m/yr?  That means that he wasn't worth his cap hit, so although losing him was unfortunate, keeping him would have been (too) costly.

I'm in general happy how things have gone so far.  Once I saw how much Trubisky cost, I was less pleased w/ that signing.  Is he worth that?  Yeah, but Kyle Allen is just as capable of taking a knee &/or handing it off when a game is out of reach & at less than 1/2 the cap hit.

We've only re-signed our own guys, & the 2 we've lost have been for more than I'd want to pay for them.

Further, I'd like to say I think it was more important to retain Epenesa than Floyd & I assume he comes at a (substantially) lower cost.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Losing Morse sucks and angered me. Finally have a good o line and we gut it for no reason. 

Gutting the o-line is a bit of a harsh take.  Obviously the Bills have a weeeee bit more knowledge than we do as fans.  I am good w both moves.  Morse really needs to hang it up.  His brain pan can not keep taking these hits or we are going to read about some crazy crap he does due to CTE.  Bates?  Well Edwards and that practice guy will fill that need.  Plus all BIG BALLER BEANE needs to do is hit on another O'Cyrus type player.