LAMP

Buffalo Boy

On 3/6/2024 at 5:44 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

The night they lost I said the Chiefs were winning it all.

The next day I was one who said it was a rebuild and McD needed to go also. 
   Right, right and right!!!

This coach absolutely squandered our best chance in decades , multiple seasons in a row.

Now , here we are getting ready to rinse and repeat.

Never fear, at the beginning of the new season , I’ll pour some more salt in the would and point out that we will never win it all with McD.

Peace out till then, Boys and Girls✌️

Remember that QB for the Denver Broncos…, a whole lot of window is still open…, 

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

A full rebuild? No. But there's a wild amount of moving parts and new faces to expect everything to gel and have continuity right off the bat and not miss a beat.

There's nothing that they have done that I really feel will effect much. They were all aging players that were the downsides of their careers and too expensive to keep. A rebuild to me means you're tearing it all up. It also means to me that they feel what they are doing isn't working. I personally feel those guys were all let go because of their cap numbers and age and injury history. Not because they felt the need to just start over 

• Agree 1

As long as Josh breathes, the window is open. So by my calculations we have 10-12 more 1 year windows.  Is McDermott a great game day coach?....No, but Pegs is in love with him so any upcoming change is highly unlikely.  The key to staying relevant will be this April's draft and minimizing injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to LAMP
On 3/7/2024 at 11:44 AM, Buffalo Boy said:

The night they lost I said the Chiefs were winning it all.

The next day I was one who said it was a rebuild and McD needed to go also. 
   Right, right and right!!!

This coach absolutely squandered our best chance in decades , multiple seasons in a row.

Now , here we are getting ready to rinse and repeat.

Never fear, at the beginning of the new season , I’ll pour some more salt in the would and point out that we will never win it all with McD.

Peace out till then, Boys and Girls✌️

041608087277-1.jpg

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

Nothing in football is guaranteed. Josh could break an ankle and we could win 2 games.

ultimately, outside of health, here’s what I believe. 

Sean McD can coach defense in the regular season. Despite probably being an older team with some new faces on the backend at safety, imo it’s practically a guarantee we are a top tenish d at least. 

Josh Allen is still far and away the best QB in the division and the second best in the conference/NFL. 

Combine a top 2 QB and a top 10 defense and that’s a playoff team just about every year. That’s as close to a guarantee as you can get.

Unless your D consistently fails in dramatic fashion almost every playoff.

I feel he should get credit for the Baltimore game but then I think I should consider : It was Lamar AND a single game preserving/changing play by a DB that was amazing and somewhat improbable at the same time.

Josh played PERFECT ball two years ago, historically perfect and what did it get us?

Last game, he played out of his mind and a bunch on here were trying to blame the loss on him. WTAF?

9 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

How many times have you read that book "Pollyanna"?  I am sure you have an autographed original hardcover.

Thank you Eleanor!!! It was gracious of you to sign it for me😊

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Remember that QB for the Denver Broncos…, a whole lot of window is still open…, 

Remember Marino, Fouts, Moon, Esiason……The time to strike is when the opportunity presents itself.

2021 was an epic fail and this opportunity has closed. McD will keep it permanent closed. Giving him a second shot, a start over with essentially a whole new rebuilt squad is ludicrous. 

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Unless your D consistently fails in dramatic fashion almost every playoff.

I feel he should get credit for the Baltimore game but then I think I should consider : It was Lamar AND a single game preserving/changing play by a DB that was amazing and somewhat improbable at the same time.

Josh played PERFECT ball two years ago, historically perfect and what did it get us?

Last game, he played out of his mind and a bunch on here were trying to blame the loss on him. WTAF?

Thank you Eleanor!!! It was gracious of you to sign it for me😊

We aren’t talking about the playoffs, try to keep up.

8 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

There's nothing that they have done that I really feel will effect much. They were all aging players that were the downsides of their careers and too expensive to keep. A rebuild to me means you're tearing it all up. It also means to me that they feel what they are doing isn't working. I personally feel those guys were all let go because of their cap numbers and age and injury history. Not because they felt the need to just start over 

I agree. But, what is being brought in behind them is an unknown and represents a re tooling, not just physically but also chemistry-wise( leadership-wise). Ergo, that window closed and we are back in a building mode, maybe not square one but we are squarely out of the Favorites category. The only reason we are near the top… Josh. The same reason this regime has gotten anywhere. The ultimate cover for mediocre coaching.

My point is, the ultimate leader keeps trying to place blame on others when the buck should ultimately fall at his feet. I’ve seen enough to realize the only way we win it all is to fluke our way into it. Should that suck? NOPE!!!! But, that Isn’t a plan. That’s hope and wishful thinking.

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think Beane and McD are good enough to give us a 10% chance to win the SB in any given year.  I'm just hoping it happens sooner rather than later.  And/or I underestimate them.  

Taking Josh or Mahomes out of the equation, if they had any other QB , what would your percentage be?

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We aren’t talking about the playoffs, try to keep up.

My LAMP, my direction. 
I went through 17 years of not talking about the playoffs. Getting there is not good enough unless you like always being the bridesmaid.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I agree. But, what is being brought in behind them is an unknown and represents a re tooling, not just physically but also chemistry-wise( leadership-wise). Ergo, that window closed and we are back in a building mode, maybe not square one but we are squarely out of the Favorites category. The only reason we are near the top… Josh. The same reason this regime has gotten anywhere. The ultimate cover for mediocre coaching.

My point is, the ultimate leader keeps trying to place blame on others when the buck should ultimately fall at his feet. I’ve seen enough to realize the only way we win it all is to fluke our way into it. Should that suck? NOPE!!!! But, that Isn’t a plan. That’s hope and wishful thinking.

Taking Josh or Mahomes out of the equation, if they had any other QB , what would your percentage be?

My LAMP, my direction. 
I went through 17 years of not talking about the playoffs. Getting there is not good enough unless you like always being the bridesmaid.

No one is arguing the Bills are going to make a deeper playoff run now. 

You are free to argue with yourself on that one.

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

No one is arguing the Bills are going to make a deeper playoff run now. 

You are free to argue with yourself on that one.

You didn’t read:

A: The premise of this thread

B: Plenty of posters who have made the very point that we can still make a deep run AND win the SuperBowl .

But, yeah , it’s me🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I think McD is a solid HC though not elite.  I'm not sure about Brady as an OC.  With 32 teams in the NFL, the average team has about a 3% of winning the SB.   McD and his staff get us to 5 or 6%.  Josh gets us to 10%.   

As I see it, not many teams get above 10%.  KC is the current unicorn.  

• Like (+1) 1