NFL Mock has Bills take edge at 28

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Disagree. Their first round picks have generally been traits guys more than production. 

IMO they've been traits guys with production. Not elite production, not after #25, but production.

Kincaid had 510 yards and 8TDs in '21 and 890 and 8 more in '22. That's serious production for a TE. Elam didn't have a ton of INTs in college by any means but he started and performed very well for two years.

I even think it's true of Rousseau despite his missing out on his senior year because of COVID. 15.5 sacks in what should have been his second-last season, and really solid play.

Epenesa produced. 

You're right that they go for traits early, but not traits without production, I would argue.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

IMO they've been traits guys with production. Not elite production, not after #25, but production.

Kincaid had 510 yards and 8TDs in '21 and 890 and 8 more in '22. That's serious production for a TE. Elam didn't have a ton of INTs in college by any means but he started and performed very well for two years.

I even think it's true of Rousseau despite his missing out on his senior year because of COVID. 15.5 sacks in what should have been his second-last season, and really solid play.

Epenesa produced. 

You're right that they go for traits early, but not traits without production, I would argue.

Fair (although I don't really include Kincaid last year was a bit different... bad class so higher floor safer guys went earlier). But Josh, Elam, Tremaine, even to an extent Ed (if you are only looking at sack production) were all traits over college production.

And Chop doesn't have no production. It is not like when Jayson Oweh came out of the same school with zero sacks his final year. 

I am not advocating for Chop btw. I am sceptical but I see the traits and I could see the Bills liking them enough to forgive the fact his production has not been stellar.

On 3/1/2024 at 12:37 AM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, there's a big difference between getting a 3rd straight up vs. getting a 3rd when you're giving them a player AND a 5th.

Ramsey was also costing a LOT more money and cap space in the future and removing a lot of cap from the trading team, which factors into compensation.

A 3rd for Douglas and a 5th is the price we paid. There was at least one other team in on him when we did. Offseason or Midseason, I don't think the price would drop too terribly much. But whatever we can get, I'd much rather see us get some kind of return as giving up a 3rd for just a half of a season of play is a little rough.

16 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Here is a CBS Mock with a lot of trades that has the Bills taking Troy Franklin at 28. Do we like this one better? It has just as much value as the one the OP linked to. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-mock-draft-steelers-sign-kirk-cousins-and-raiders-add-russell-wilson-creating-fascinating-round-1/

Here is one from USA Today that has the Bills taking Coleman: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/02/28/nfl-mock-draft-2024-qb-projections/72778490007/

Bucky Brooks has us taking Coleman too: https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-2024-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-washington-takes-jayden-daniels-over-drake-maye-qb-to-denver

My point is that none of these mocks are worth getting worked up over. 

Coleman 🤢

• Like (+1) 1

So if we pick anything than the best WR left at our spot, we are highly unlikely to then trade up from Rd 2 to jump the Chiefs who will also be looking to draft a WR. Do we really want the best available WR at 32 to go to the Chiefs? This year, with a not premium supporting cast, they won the SB. 

We have to get out of this D mindset. Need to out gun the Chiefs. Don't over think this, Beane

22 hours ago, sunshynman said:

28. Buffalo Bills: Chop Robinson, DE, Penn State©Dan Rainville / USA Today Sports Images

An edge rusher is high on Buffalo's wish list with the potential departures of Leonard Floyd and A.J. Epenesa. Robinson fits the mold as long, projectable edge rusher.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2024-nfl-first-round-mock-draft-qbs-taken-1-2-3/ss-BB1jahr8?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ENTPSP&cvid=627f19398216428cac2edbfc91bf7623&ei=24#image=29

DE's before 18:

8. Atlanta Falcons: Dallas Turner, DE, Alabama

11. Minnesota Vikings: Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA

15. Indianapolis Colts: Jared Verse, DE, Florida State

5 WR taken before 28:

4. Arizona Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State

6. New York Giants: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

14. New Orleans Saints: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

I think this mock shows why the Bills are going to want to trade up or back. 28 is just not a good place to sit. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, dpberr said:

James Franklin's program at Penn State is underwhelming and unfortunately, so are most of his draft eligible players.  

There's no production in college from this player, and he's not a 1st round selection. His sacks came against the cream puffs on Penn State's schedule.  Of his four sacks in 2023, two came against the juggernaut University of Massachusetts in an October 63-0 blitzing.  One against Rutgers, one against Iowa.

He had no stats in the 2023 games against Ohio State or Michigan.  

Michigan stopped passing very early because they couldnt block him one on one.  Against Ohio St he got hurt but was living in the backfield.  He adds a dimension not on the roster and one Buffalo cant afford in FA.  

Starting Edge is arguably a higher position of value than Wr.  Now im for a wr at 28.  I think the conversation is the talent gap at De from 28 to 60 is more severe than Wr.  At 60 and possibly 100 you can find capable Wrs.  If you want to walk away with a starting edge and Wr I think you go DE first if one is available.