State of the Union Address 2024.

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

If you're going to use a dead person as a political pawn, make sure you get the name right.  In both their defenses.  Biden was known for his gaffes before his clear mental decline.  MTG is just an idiot.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're going to use a dead person as a political pawn, make sure you get the name right.  In both their defenses.  Biden was known for his gaffes before his clear mental decline.  MTG is just an idiot.

Biden isn’t an idiot? What rock have you been hiding under the past 50 years? 

• Like (+1) 1

Col Douglas Macgregor Response to Joe Biden SOU Speech Is Profoundly Accurate and Important

Retired Colonel Douglas Macgregor delivers a surprisingly accurate response to the situation created by Joe Biden as espoused in the 2024 State of the Union address.

I cannot emphasize the value of these remarks strongly enough, in part because my own independent research – and that of a global team I have been working with- is in direct alignment with this outline. Two years ago, I accepted the reality that Western sanctions against Russia were profoundly different from all other sanctions and completely ridiculous in the bigger picture of how the global economy operates.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2024/03/08/col-douglas-macgregor-response-to-joe-biden-sou-speech-is-profoundly-accurate-and-important/

• Like (+1) 2

CNN Poll: Americans Didn't Buy Media Spin on Biden SOTU

Biden’s campaign and some media outlets have pointed to a post-speech instant CNN poll showing 65 percent of viewers offered a positive review of Biden’s speech.

Viewers also shifted 17 points toward believing the country is headed in the right direction — from 45 percent before the speech to 62 percent afterward.

Both of these are true. What’s also true is that State of the Union speeches almost always receive strongly favorable views, in part because viewership tends to draw disproportionately from their allies.

The 65 percent who had a positive view of the speech was actually lower than any such speech CNN has polled in the past quarter-century — the previous low being Donald Trump’s 2018 address (70 percent).

And the 35 percent who offered a “very” positive review was effectively tied with Biden’s speech last year (34 percent) for the lowest on record.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/03/08/biden-state-of-the-union-polling/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Westside said:

Biden isn’t an idiot? What rock have you been hiding under the past 50 years? 

Please point out where I didn't say that.  LOL.  He's been Mr. Magoo for as long as I can remember.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Please point out where I didn't say that.  LOL.  He's been Mr. Magoo for as long as I can remember.

You said biden was in mental decline while MTG was an idiot. It seemed to me that you were saying biden isn't an idiot just old. I disagree, he has 50 plus years of saying idiotic things. If you're going to call MTG an idiot, call out bidens long history of lying, racist idiotic things he's said. 

1 hour ago, Westside said:

You said biden was in mental decline while MTG was an idiot. It seemed to me that you were saying biden isn't an idiot just old. I disagree, he has 50 plus years of saying idiotic things. If you're going to call MTG an idiot, call out bidens long history of lying, racist idiotic things he's said. 

Sorry for the confusion.  Biden's an idiot in mental decline while MTG is an idiot.  I wouldn't call either a racist though.

The State of the President

If his supporters continue to gaslight voters about his obvious incapacity, Biden will lose in November.

by DAVID CATRON

It was inevitable that the corporate media would applaud President Biden’s State of the Union address if he had the vitality to stand upright for two hours and the vision to read a teleprompter.

For ordinary voters who aren’t paid to praise him, Biden’s performance last Thursday night probably confirmed many of their fears about leaving him in office for another term. This, for example, is how he described the current state of our domestic politics: “Not since President Lincoln and the Civil War have freedom and democracy been under assault here at home as they are today.” If your uncle said that during a family dinner everyone would agree that another trip to rehab was in order.

Biden’s speech was full of similarly crazy claims. Predictably, he brought up the fabled Jan. 6 riot and claimed, “Insurrectionists stormed this very Capitol and placed a dagger at the throat of American democracy.” Never mind that no one involved was ever charged with insurrection. Ignore the polls showing that most Americans saw the event simply as “a protest that went too far.” Biden insisted that democracy is in mortal danger and the locus of the threat is former President Trump, the Republican Party and the voters who support them: “My predecessor and some of you here seek to bury the truth of January 6th … This is a moment to speak the truth and bury the lies. ” All of this dreck was delivered in a weirdly angry and arrhythmical rhetorical cadence punctuated by “strategic shouting,” as Harold Meyerson generously describes it in the American Prospect.

https://spectator.org/the-state-of-the-president/

• Like (+1) 1

Thou shalt not lie

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/10/politics/katie-britt-sex-trafficking-victim-interview/index.html

Jacinto said she met the senator at an event at the southern border with other government officials and anti-human-trafficking activists, instead of one-on-one as Britt stated. She also said that she was never trafficked in the United States, as Britt appeared to suggest. She was not trafficked by Mexican drug cartels, but by a pimp who operated as part of a family that entrapped vulnerable girls to force them into prostitution, she said.

Jacinto said she was kept in captivity from 2004 to 2008, when President George W. Bush was in office and when Biden was a senator.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Britt is. That was some very bad acting. But not sure if the handmaids tale thing was a character or really her. Why do MAGAs hate women?

Define what a woman is.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/10/2024 at 4:37 PM, Doc Brown said:

Sorry for the confusion.  Biden's an idiot in mental decline while MTG is an idiot.  I wouldn't call either a racist though.

I agree with the idiot part, but how can you ignore the last 50 years of making racial comments about black people? I think he is an idiot and a racist. MTG is just a loon!

• Agree 1