Det @ SF Game Thread (Please keep the Bills stuff out of this thread)

Simon

14 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Brock Purdy is the limiting factor for the 49ers 

Yah that's what Tasker had said . He actually said that he wouldn't put Purdy in the same conversation with the likes of Josh, Mahomes, Lamar, and others .

Hows that working out for y'all ? The guy has got game i don't care what y'all say & in the end i would love to see him beat Mahomes then y'all could eat those words about him not being all that & holding his team back .

If Purdy does happen to win the SB that will be quite the story to go from Mr Irrelevant to Super bowl Champion QB .

Edited by T master

Why it took Purdy until the 2nd half to take off and use his legs as a weapon, I have no idea?  But he did a fantastic job getting away from trouble and getting huge first downs, in addition to some clutch throws.  Lamar on the other hand, should have done that but didn't, for whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, T master said:

Yah that's what Tasker had said . He actually said that he wouldn't put Purdy in the same conversation with the likes of Josh, Mahomes, Lamar, and others .

Hows that working out for y'all ? The guy has got game i don't care what y'all say & in the end i would love to see him beat Mahomes then y'all could eat those words about him not being all that & holding his team back .

If Purdy does happen to win the SB that will be quite the story to go from Mr Irrelevant to Super bowl Champion QB .

That’s because he’s not in the same conversation as those guys. He’s going to win the Super Bowl this year but we’ll have to then have the discussion of where purdy ranks on the worst QBs to ever win the SB. He occasionally makes a play but he’s throwing to wide open guys all game long and isn’t asked to do much. Just because he’s going to have a ring that doesn’t put him into the conversation with those guys. 

3 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

That’s because he’s not in the same conversation as those guys. He’s going to win the Super Bowl this year but we’ll have to then have the discussion of where purdy ranks on the worst QBs to ever win the SB. He occasionally makes a play but he’s throwing to wide open guys all game long and isn’t asked to do much. Just because he’s going to have a ring that doesn’t put him into the conversation with those guys. 

Maybe so but if he wins he'll have something that Josh, Lamar, Borrow, Hurts, don't have a Super Bowl Ring ...

So he will be in a conversation of WINNING Super Bowl QB's & the others won't . But right now that's still a what if ? And if he does lose he will still be 1 up on most because he at least made it to the big game and most of the others won't be able to say it .

One thing i will give you though, can you imagine the 49er's offense with Josh at QB with all those weapons ? 😎

29 minutes ago, T master said:

Maybe so but if he wins he'll have something that Josh, Lamar, Borrow, Hurts, don't have a Super Bowl Ring ...

So he will be in a conversation of WINNING Super Bowl QB's & the others won't . But right now that's still a what if ? And if he does lose he will still be 1 up on most because he at least made it to the big game and most of the others won't be able to say it .

One thing i will give you though, can you imagine the 49er's offense with Josh at QB with all those weapons ? 😎

Also on the flip side, imagine purdy trying to play with average weapons like josh and imagine him trying to play in a system other than shanahan where every pass isn’t a wide open window. That’s why I don’t think much of him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The 1983 playoff game was exciting. Rookie Kicker Eddie Murray missing what would have been the game winner.

I forgot that they had a real lion on the field for that game. How was that even allowed?!

Loved seeing this flashback from last night. 

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1751783726886105143

7 hours ago, T master said:

I'm still not a believer, although you have to give Purdy credit for hanging in there and leading his team back when things looked hopeless.

That said, 49ers got some lucky bounces and dumb Lions coaching decisions that if they don't happen, neither does the comeback. 

Great story, either way, no doubt about it!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.