Bills are the Only Team

Casey D

9 minutes ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

I would love to agree, but their offensive yards per play has been tending in the wrong direction for our defense for the last three playoff games against them. Obviously being full strength would be better, but I’m finally starting to not be able to deny the pure differential in coaching talent.

Ehh....missing Bernard killed us because it forced Klein onto the field. Which is right where they attacked most of the game.

I think we would have forced at least one more FG and cause an extra punt or two which would have been enough.

Hell it was almost enough the way it was. 

Edited by Big Turk

11 minutes ago, julian said:

Watching these other QBs play feels like football with a restrictor plate… Allen has virtually ruined my NFL viewing experience outside of Bills games.

I've noticed this as well, especially since the playoffs started and I've had a chance to watch other teams of playoff caliber.  

Put Allen on the Greatest Show on Turf and that team is probably the first 3-peat SB winner in NFL history.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

361 yards and 7.7 yards per play, what exactly would you call that? 

368 yards for Bills.  27-21 first downs for Bills.  More rushing yards for Bills.  That is not complete domination by KC.  Bills depleted defense was not at its best.  But it shut out KC for most of 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

You make your own luck!

We have now missed 2 Superbowls after Josh crushed it in the Playoffs.

That’s not luck. That’s a consequence of decisions made off the field…. By the coaches, the management and from here on out the ownership.

In some cases yes, but when you are missing 5 starters on D and down to your 4th/5th stringers it makes it pretty rough. I can't really see what they did working with Bernard in there in place of Klein.

We did far better on offense than the Ravens did against them and likely would have beaten Baltimore also with the way we normally shut down Lamar.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Yes you mentioned that already.  You have a case for the defense getting dominated.  Our offense did virtually the same thing to their defense.  Bass makes that kick and somehow the defense hangs on and everyone is saying we dominated them.  Our offense was straight up bullying them most of the game.

• Agree 1

The only way the Bills win last week was if we got points every possession. Our defense was never going to slow them down with what we had at LBer and banged up corners. We have to be at our absolute best in order to overcome the Chiefs in the playoff, that hasn’t happened. 

4 minutes ago, Casey D said:

368 yards for Bills.  27-21 first downs for Bills.  More rushing yards for Bills.  That is not complete domination by KC.  Bills depleted defense was not at its best.  But it shut out KC for most of 4th quarter.

It took us almost 80 plays to amass the same yardage total. KC has had the best offensive outputs of the Mahomes era vs us. We have never come close to stopping that offense. Not even a sniff. The Bengals have. Until we can put up even a fight on defense your post is just off base especially given the Bengals fairly dominating history against them and us for that matter. 

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Yes you mentioned that already.  You have a case for the defense getting dominated.  Our offense did virtually the same thing to their defense.  Bass makes that kick and somehow the defense hangs on and everyone is saying we dominated them.  Our offense was straight up bullying them most of the game.

So if they don't fumble we don't lose by 10+?

Edited by Mikie2times

Just now, Mikie2times said:

It took us almost 80 plays to amass the same yardage total. KC has had the best offensive outputs of the Mahomes era vs us. We have never come close to stopping that offense. Not even a sniff. The Bengals have. Until we can put up even a fight on defense your post is just off base especially given the Bengals fairly dominating history against them and us for that matter. 

Whatever.  Peace.

There's some luck involved in making the SB and as much as I hate to play that card we just haven't been very lucky when it comes to injuries going into the playoffs the last two years.  The list is just insane.  Let's take just two names.  Say Miller and White and have them be completely healthy the last two years.  What a difference it could make.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Apparently hanging with them means getting bounced by them in the playoffs. 

No it means some of the best playoff games ever played.  Instant classics.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Hanging

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

No it means some of the best playoff games ever played.  Instant classics.

Well…count me as tired of these classic Bills choke jobs. 

54 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Hang with … but still can’t beat them when it matters …

Que the excuses but they had their chance at the two minute warning last week 

that 2 min drive we failed on was as inexcusable as 13 seconds debacle.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Thats because of defense.  Let me know when the Bills keep Mahomes scoreless in the second half.

Punt, punt, interception, punt, punt, field goal, interception.

That was D, not Burrow.  Not to mention the trio of great playmakers on offense.

Chiefs were also scoreless the second half today. Their defense stepped it up big time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

It was… but that damn word “almost”! 

If we are gonna roll with McD then I hope to hell we get some playmakers for Josh and stay healthy next year.

They need to dedicate the draft to high end skill players on offense and let McD figure it out on D. 

He is able to do a lot with less, do there is no need to spend high picks on that side of the ball. Allen needs to be surrounded by high end skill players so it makes it impossible to shut everything down.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.