3 US Troops Killed, 25 injured in Jordan

50 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Except that’s not what happened

I know that’s what I just said

No.

What you said was they were "media quotes."

They were DOD prepared statements provided to the media.

The "media" has no capability to determine the number of targets how at how many sites, nor what weapons were used.

It looks like these were prepared quotes, and it looks like this has little to do with military reality and a lot to do with political strategy, and I'm not a fan.

If you want to take out a threat, in this scenario, you don't go global with three announcements over five days.

It seems amateur and not sincere.

21 minutes ago, yall said:

I'm curious what your friend didn't like?

I've not talked to my Tampa buddies about this incident yet, but what was your friend expecting the administration to do differently regarding those guys getting lost at sea?

It's not that anybody didn't like anything.

These sympathetic, political shows are viewed as just what they are.

The reason I commented on it is because two separate people, in this forum, announced the Administrations highly publicized, with photos, response to the three killed in a drone attack, not yet explained

One seemed to be so moved that he claimed he would vote for the guy, not that there was any doubt.

What I brought up is that no such response came to the Maryland SEAL's family, but nobody knows that.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, sherpa said:

No.

The "media" has no capability to determine the number of targets how at how many sites, nor what weapons were used.

It looks like these were prepared quotes, and it looks like this has little to do with military reality and a lot to do with political strategy, and I'm not a fan.

If you want to take out a threat, in this scenario, you don't go global with three announcements over five days.

DOD quotes prepared for the media come on Sherpa keep up

48 minutes ago, sherpa said:

No.

Except they’re not trying to take out a threat they’re sending a warning to the threat

There is an overall picture here that you’re not taking into account

1 hour ago, US Egg said:

Last night 11:30, neither FOX nor CNN were reporting on the strike, which surprised me. Switched to MSNBC, they were covering it. They had on a Military analyst who gave fair, non biased, aspects.

Drove the host nuts he wasn’t insisting Trump and Putin were the problem regarding the strike. She was absolutely unable to maintain her TDS, she kept interrupting him to assert this pertains to Putin and Trump more than anything. 

She was rude to him, felt sort of bad for the guy.

Another example of how the Left will eat their own if they don’t conform to the script.

That was your first mistake…

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Why exactly would Trump have anything to do with this?

That was the point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Except they’re not trying to take out a threat they’re sending a warning to the threat

I am extremely capable of "keeping up."

They have been unsuccessful of sending a warning to the threat, and if you are not aware of that, you are the one not keeping up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Even though Sherpa provides sober, well-reasoned military analysis backed by experience, going forward I am looking to you for my military analysis needs. You are more concise and I never have to think after reading your “thoughts”. You’ve got a fan! 

dear lord…

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

By the way, my view of "keeping up" is that the "warning" we have sent is that we will telegraph our response for political reasons, using the military to do so, but we will allow you five days to remove your people and equipment, and we will not strike your sovereign assets or territory.

Warning, obviously, received, I'm guessing.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That was your first mistake…

Yes, I feel shame. 😔

The msm “all world problems are on Trump” narrative started before he was elected, will easily last another decade.

They’re disappointed he didn’t “push the button”.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That was the point

🎯

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

By the way, my view of "keeping up" is that the "warning" we have sent is that we will telegraph our response for political reasons, using the military to do so, but we will allow you five days to remove your people and equipment, and we will not strike your sovereign assets or territory.

Warning, obviously, received, I'm guessing.

This could’ve gone one of two ways

Intelligence was saying that as soon as they drone strike, they move their assets, and they were waiting for them to settle in before the strike which, by the way is common protocol for rebels in that area

Or

Biden is trying to limit casualties because he’s trying to send a measured response and not have things skyrocket out of control. Therefore he did allow them to move and then hit them in a way where it would be less human casualties.

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Even though Sherpa provides sober, well-reasoned military analysis backed by experience, going forward I am looking to you for my military analysis needs. You are more concise and I never have to think after reading your “thoughts”. You’ve got a fan! 

dear lord…

JD that is because you’re an idiot and have no idea who I am or what I’ve done

Ignorance is bliss please continue to be ignorant

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This could’ve gone one of two ways

Intelligence was saying that as soon as they drone strike, they move their assets, and they were waiting for them to settle in before the strike which, by the way is common protocol for rebels in that area

Or

Biden is trying to limit casualties because he’s trying to send a measured response and not have things skyrocket out of control. Therefore he did allow them to move and then hit them in a way where it would be less human casualties.

There isn't anything new here.

Of course they move, and of course they are observed. 

It is not possible, in this area, unless their are incredibly wicked weather issues, which there weren't, to hide any large scale movement.

Point being, if the Biden Administration would have desired to effectively strike immediately, they could have.

They didn't, and they went into this announcement nonsense.

What they did is directly avoid a serious confrontation with the Iranian regime, permitting them to get their guys out before the fireworks.

And the reason is grossly obvious.

I doubt Biden is doing anything other than taking advice and pretending to make decisions.

His history is gross evidence of being always wrong.

This scenario is completely due to having election calculus invade effective military action.

We bought him We got him.

Please, don't insult anyone here by claiming some superior knowledge of this based on what you have done.

Plenty of people here have done things, and know others who are quite aware.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

It is not possible, in this area, unless their are incredibly wicked weather issues, which there weren't, to hide any large scale movement.

Point being, if the Biden Administration would have desired to effectively strike immediately, they could have.

What they did is directly avoid a serious confrontation with the Iranian regime, permitting them to get their guys out before the fireworks.

I doubt Biden is doing anything other than taking advice and pretending to make decisions.

This scenario is completely due to having election calculus invade effective military action.

Please, don't insult anyone here by claiming some superior knowledge of this based on what you have done.

Not insulting anybody here, Sherpa, pretty sure someone was insulting me

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

#notmypresident

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Unless you grew up in Russia this morning, he is in fact your president

He might be the president that you want

It was a common phrase when Trump was President...

42 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Really?

Who posted this:

"Ignorance is bliss please continue to be ignorant"

Do you bother to read all of the posts that was a response to being insulted

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well that's how the majority of Dems felt.  I'm sure you did as well.

No, actually I did not

Whenever Donald Trump was elected, he was my president. He wasn’t the president that I wanted but he was my president.

On 1/30/2024 at 11:13 AM, US Egg said:

See folks Joe’s got this, err…never mind.

Hmmm... was there something that happened in the Middle East between September and January that might have changed their calculus?

Maybe it was in October?  Maybe something in... oh idk, Israel?  Whatever could it be... 🤔