Ignorance Leads To Bad Health Outcomes -- MAGA states are very unhealthy

22 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Fat ass states shooting Ozempic like it's hillbilly heroin. But this time driving up insurance costs.

The drug is injected for treatment. Most insurance companies, Medicaid and Medicare don’t cover it for obesity.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2024 at 11:38 AM, aristocrat said:

Pretty racist thing for you to say since African Americans have the highest rate of obesity in the country. Thought you were better than this?  Nope I knew who you were

He's Poop-emoji-scaled.jpg

• Agree 1

On 1/17/2024 at 10:25 AM, Tenhigh said:

He is far to arrogant to have made it this far in his life to be anything other than a doctor. 

Well, maybe a lawyer, but he's only 99% garbage person, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

😳
My son is a lawyer, my daughter-in-law a Doctor. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Maybe they needed better medical care?  😮

They need better parents, genes and education   I’m inclined to believe that u haven’t attempted to convince ignorant, highly uneducated people of what’s good for them. Same people that vote against their own interests 

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:25 AM, Tenhigh said:

He is far to arrogant to have made it this far in his life to be anything other than a doctor. 

Well, maybe a lawyer, but he's only 99% garbage person, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Do you really want a doctor full of self doubt. Good luck with that 

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

They need better parents, genes and education   I’m inclined to believe that u haven’t attempted to convince ignorant, highly uneducated people of what’s good for them. Same people that vote against their own interests 

are you still talking about african americans? since they as a whole are the least educated, and most single family households?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

are you still talking about african americans? since they as a whole are the least educated, and most single family households?

No, I’m talking about ignorant people regardless of race. Plenty of them with scotch Irish ancestry in Appalachia 

• Eyeroll 2

12 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Damn. This thread still exist. 

Thought for sure they would eventually realize they are attacking people based on race.  Only showing their racist ideology. 

But nope.  Self awareness isn't their thing. 

Everything in life is now a political exercise and debate.  I figure if people want to be unhealthy and slowly kill themselves through bad decisions about diet, exercise, drugs, alcohol, smoking, and other unhealthy activities which lead to bad health outcomes who am I to insist they do otherwise? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Everything in life is now a political exercise and debate.  I figure if people want to be unhealthy and slowly kill themselves through bad decisions about diet, exercise, drugs, alcohol, smoking, and other unhealthy activities which lead to bad health outcomes who am I to insist they do otherwise? 

You are paying for their bad decisions. We all are. Well anyone who pays taxes or buys insurance 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You are paying for their bad decisions. We all are. Well anyone who pays taxes or buys insurance 

I knew somebody would be kind enough to point that out to me as soon as I hit the submit button.  I'm paying for bad decisions?  Sure I am but so what?  I'm being forced to pay for lots of other bad decisions too.  

The alternative to freedom of choice is no freedom of choice.  So are you advocating we should force people to be healthy?  Or just "educate" them?  But educated people are not immune to making bad decisions either.  So what should be do?  Cede our freedoms to rule by expert?  Assuming experts have no bias maybe that's okay.  But when you find an expert with no biases let me know.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Meh. The entire thread is the farm showing their racist bone again and again.  If this same narrative was about inner city issue, the same folks would scream racism. 

The truth is so bad that you have to turn the trick of making it, somehow, about racism. No wonder you idiots lose election after election 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The truth is so bad that you have to turn the trick of making it, somehow, about racism. No wonder you idiots lose election after election 

I'm sorry you have to post anything for a reply.  It has to be lonely 

I'm sorry your racist and show everyone in threads like this 

I'm sorry you have to deal with the mental deficiencies of yours. 

You intended to make it about race and racism. You are what you are.

But it's never to late to look in the mirror, and better yourself. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Do you really want a doctor full of self doubt. Good luck with that 

No but I prefer my doctor not to be rooting for me to die based upon my political affiliation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

8 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I knew somebody would be kind enough to point that out to me as soon as I hit the submit button.  I'm paying for bad decisions?  Sure I am but so what?  I'm being forced to pay for lots of other bad decisions too.  

The alternative to freedom of choice is no freedom of choice.  So are you advocating we should force people to be healthy?  Or just "educate" them?  But educated people are not immune to making bad decisions either.  So what should be do?  Cede our freedoms to rule by expert?  Assuming experts have no bias maybe that's okay.  But when you find an expert with no biases let me know.  

I would argue that educated make fewer bad decisions. I’m in NM with 100 similar people to me. Do they push the adrenaline rush too far?  Yup. But they mostly make rational decisions. And guess what?  They’re almost all incredibly healthy for their age

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I would argue that educated make fewer bad decisions. I’m in NM with 100 similar people to me. Do they push the adrenaline rush too far?  Yup. But they mostly make rational decisions. And guess what?  They’re almost all incredibly healthy for their age

what's funny Earl, I mean Irv.  expound....

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Would much rather vote for the right to be unhealthy than to vote for a government that mandates my choices.

Agree.  But that wasn't the goal of the thread.  It was to imply red states are bad.  But in reality posted the states with the highest minority populations are bad.  

It's racist narrative only ended up showing how racist it is ...

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Food deserts that lead to few options other than the standard american diet (sad diet) is what drives poor health outcomes.

Like everything else in commie run urban areas the problem is only getting worse.

13 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I hear your argument.  I'm extremely healthy compared to my peers while not doing anything special to watch my health other than not smoking or drinking.  In addition, no need for any medications.  I'd argue there's a significant genetic component to good health as past generations of my family on both sides have with few exceptions lived into their 90's.

I think there's always cost and benefit issues when it comes to pooled risk arrangements like health insurance.  Some people pay and rarely use it while others are frequent visitors to doctors and hospitals.  Personal behavior certainly contributes.  But what vices to discourage through payment penalties, like smoking, is subject to many considerations.

55 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I hear your argument.  I'm extremely healthy compared to my peers while not doing anything special to watch my health other than not smoking or drinking.  In addition, no need for any medications.  I'd argue there's a significant genetic component to good health as past generations of my family on both sides have with few exceptions lived into their 90's.

I think there's always cost and benefit issues when it comes to pooled risk arrangements like health insurance.  Some people pay and rarely use it while others are frequent visitors to doctors and hospitals.  Personal behavior certainly contributes.  But what vices to discourage through payment penalties, like smoking, is subject to many considerations.

And a great many of the sick takers r MAGAs while many of the givers r decent human beings

23 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

And a great many of the sick takers r MAGAs while many of the givers r decent human beings

A great many of takers are poor people, regardless of their politics. This is mostly because they are poor in the first place.  Please don't be the scumbag tries to tie politics to health care usage.

And a great many givers are people that aren't poor and aren't democrats,  so stop your idiocy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tenhigh said:

And a great many givers are people that aren't poor and aren't democrats

Which party complains that they pay more taxes?  I believe there's a link in this thread showing a vast percentage difference in this regard.  so you are incorrect.

by takers, i mean the lazy robbers who are getting disability falsely or could easily work rather than living off food stamps, medicaid etc.  I presumed we were in agreement in resenting those people.  are we not?  from a pragmatic viewpoint it's cheaper to pay off even the scumbags than to deal with civil unrest, non?

There are certainly very poor and disabled thru no fault of their own.  I support a safety net for them as do more D's than R's nationally.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Maybe Mr. Ketchup is thinking of how to help the op’s target group in his thread.

No way, even more lies from the idiots that can't win elections with the truth or lies? 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/06/06/john-kerry-proposed-farming-innovation-at-climate-summit-fact-check/70288331007/

In his speech at the AIM for Climate Summit, Kerry said the agriculture industry should focus on innovation to combat climate change. He never suggested farmers should stop growing food.

• Eyeroll 1

More hypocrisy from Mr. Heinz Kerry 

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20230607-10-billion-global-population-unsustainable-us-climate-envoy-kerry-1

"I think you can have a better lifestyle, and you can eat better food “…..

….like this “better food” his wife’s company floods the world with?

https://www.eatthis.com/kraft-heinz-worlds-worst-food-company/

“A recent analysis from the global health group World Action on Salt, Sugar & Health (WASSH) looked at five global food producers and found that Kraft Heinz had the highest proportion of "unhealthy" food and drink items”

“WASSH found that 82% of the Kraft Heinz products it analyzed would be classified as "unhealthy" under government-endorsed standards.”

The ever vigil Democrat Kerry is adding to the obesity issue worldwide, not just the Republicans the op mocked.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Which party complains that they pay more taxes?  I believe there's a link in this thread showing a vast percentage difference in this regard.  so you are incorrect.

by takers, i mean the lazy robbers who are getting disability falsely or could easily work rather than living off food stamps, medicaid etc.  I presumed we were in agreement in resenting those people.  are we not?  from a pragmatic viewpoint it's cheaper to pay off even the scumbags than to deal with civil unrest, non?

There are certainly very poor and disabled thru no fault of their own.  I support a safety net for them as do more D's than R's nationally.

I think you'd be surprised how many Rs are happy to support people who truly can't help themselves, they just resent the myriad of wasteful D policies that incent people not to work.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tenhigh said:

I think you'd be surprised how many Rs are happy to support people who truly can't help themselves, they just resent the myriad of wasteful D policies that incent people not to work.

do you realize that in the near future there will be many less jobs, especially working class jobs?  you want the uneducated to starve?

• Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

do you realize that in the near future there will be many less jobs, especially working class jobs?  you want the uneducated to starve?

Actually,  the jobs that will be automated will likely include yours and mine. Who needs surgeons when a computer can do it far better?  There is certainly going to be a shift of how work is done, who does it and when.  But what that looks like is greatly up in the air.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

AI aint doing manual work.

It's going to hit white collar, Banking, entertainment, Engineering, R&D across the spectrum.  hard.

• Dislike 1

Just now, Tenhigh said:

Actually,  the jobs that will be automated will likely include yours and mine. Who needs surgeons when a computer can do it far better?  There is certainly going to be a shift of how work is done, who does it and when.  But what that looks like is greatly up in the air.

to an extent.  it's still garbage in, garbage out to a degree.  you still need experts to input algorithms and templates based on current science.  even that could eventuallydissappear.  despite calladummys statement, it will be much easier to build robots that dig ditches and empty garbage dumpsters.  (he's sooooo stupid).  Some form of universal income will soon be necessary to avoid civil unrest....btw, universities will adapt and change curriculum to fill need.  There's no organized training equivalent for grunt work. And bankers, tommy tomato?   They are the masters of the universe as illustrated in the 2008 bailout.  they'll take good care of themselves and have the power to.

• Eyeroll 1

On 1/20/2024 at 7:58 AM, thenorthremembers said:

Would much rather vote for the right to be unhealthy than to vote for a government that mandates my choices.

Me too, but those that are intelligent enough to make good health decisions pick better leaders 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

input algorithms and templates based on current science

Thats exactly the kind of thing AI will perfect and won't have the defect of humans. 

Remember the old "Better learn to code" AI will code at speeds of 100 programmers and won't need a break.

Humans make mistakes, from banking to accounting and even things like practicing medicine.

Last I knew my garbage truck has a big arm that does all the work.  Ditches been being dug my machines for a long time.

Eff. if your into REVCOM.US or the US communist party, you believe politicians can and should be replaces by AI.