What is your New Year's Bills Roster Resolution

Wizard

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This^^^^   No more 4th and puss.  But if you are going to 4th and puss, TAKE THE DOG AND DON'T WASTE THE TIME OUT!!!!

In general this. But I still think on reflection the time out on Sunday made sense. 

16 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

So I guess I’m also asking Beane and McDermott to criticize the Kincaid pick. The sweep of WRs that were taken right before the TE is perhaps the spot the Bills should have moved up to. I’m seeing a very talented group of rookie WRs this year, and the Bills thought they had loaded up the pass catchers room with Kincaid, Sherfield and Harty. 2024 quarterbacking tell me I think that was a mistake, even though Kincaid is good and will get better. 

It’s being talked about that Bowers is a prize and teams will go high up to take up.. like top 5! But if the Bills can go up top 10 to get Odunze, then that would make the Kincaid trade look better handled and planned out. 

Kincaid + Odunze > Flowers + Bowers

Receivers went 20-23 last year …Maybe they tried to move up higher  to get a WR but the teams picking above them said no .., because they wanted to pick a receiver …

Moving up in the First round is tough… a fourth moves you up two spots in the 20s as we have seen the last two years …

we hope they are picking Mid 20s  ( at worst)  in 2024 … so moving into the Top 10 to get Odunze seems a pipe dream to me … they need picks to fill out this team next year ..,

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

In general this. But I still think on reflection the time out on Sunday made sense. 

If you've already decided on 4th and puss, just take the DOG and punt.  You don't need to take the TO there.  If the 5 yards is THAT valuable, just punt.  I just can't see any circumstance where using the TO to save 5 yards is worth it.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

If you've already decided on 4th and puss, just take the DOG and punt.  You don't need to take the TO there.  If the 5 yards is THAT valuable, just punt.  I just can't see any circumstance where using the TO to save 5 yards is worth it.

They could have just punted, that is fair. But once they didn't the TO was the right call. They felt like from there the kicker could pin New England and force them to be conservative for fear if it giving it back. 

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They could have just punted, that is fair. But once they didn't the TO was the right call. They felt like from there the kicker could pin New England and force them to be conservative for fear if it giving it back. 

Dave Mason time.  The refs will take 15-20 seconds to call the penalty, mark the ball, and reset the play clock.  You already know that you're going to punt, so get on with it.  If you need more time than that to set up a punt, you need to find another job.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Dave Mason time.  The refs will take 15-20 seconds to call the penalty, mark the ball, and reset the play clock.  You already know that you're going to punt, so get on with it.  If you need more time than that to set up a punt, you need to find another job.

It isn't about time so much as distance. Punters have a range from which they are most confident of pinning a team like kickers have a range from which they are most confident making FGs. 

They could have just punted straight away but once they didn't and they were in Martin's sweet spot you don't risk that with a DOG. Especially when with 2 TOs left and 1:12 on the clock you are not gonna need that TO for something else. If there was 4 minutes legt you take the DOG. But where they were that TO is otherwise likely no use to you. It made sense to take it and let Martin punt to pin them. And he executed perfectly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.