Questions for 12/31 home game.

skijef

I always like to remind folks that it isnt a quick game inside a stadium. It's a 6+ hour outdoor arctic adventure. Possibly way more if you are tailgating.

Layers. Snow pants. Ski Jackets. Sorel Caribou-type boots. Heat packets.

If it's going to rain - all of the above plus slickers over the top

• Agree 1

Hate to hijack the thread a bit, but what are the best wing joints near the stadium?  I’m staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Hamburg.  I see there is a Duffs in OP which would be cool.  Was thinking maybe trekking to Wingnuts or Bar Bill though.  Any thoughts?  I just don’t want to wait 2 hours for a table.

To get to the Duffs in OP, it is where Southwestern and Union Road meet . Take Union Road north and where OP Road  spits off to the left is Duffs. Bar Bill has 2 locations- Clarence and East Aurora. both 10 miles from the stadium. Have no idea where Wingnuts is.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I’d recommend parking on Big Tree (20A) in one of the private lots on someone’s front lawn for $20-$30. On the SOUTH side of the road.  Right around the Kings Ct area.

This is easily the best place to park around the stadium if you're heading east.  I've done it the last few years (most recently after the Giants SNF game) and it is light years better than messing with any of the official stadium lots or dealing with the lots along Southwestern or north of the stadium on Abbott.

I've used the same guy's lawn right at the corner of 20A and Kings Ct, I think it's roughly $25.  I can get onto 20A within a minute or two and be out of dodge shortly after the end of the game.  We typically stay at the Hampton in East Aurora and we're back there in about 15 minutes after we get to the car.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Hate to hijack the thread a bit, but what are the best wing joints near the stadium?  I’m staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Hamburg.  I see there is a Duffs in OP which would be cool.  Was thinking maybe trekking to Wingnuts or Bar Bill though.  Any thoughts?  I just don’t want to wait 2 hours for a table.

Duff's in OP will suit you just fine. There might be better places around, but they arent remarkably better, and Duff's should be easier to get into.

• Like (+1) 1

Parking should be based on where your seats are, generally, If you are in in 101-120 park on the east side (Route 20) , 121 to 143 west side ( Route 20A).  You can use the same logic with the upper deck. 

I have been doing to Bills games for 40+ yrs and figured its better to walk an extra 5-10 minutes than spend 45+ minutes in the lot.  i would go to a private lot and tell the attendant that you have a long drive after the game and need to leave quickly, I will often slip them $10+.  This has never failed me.

I also live in NJ and have the same Giants issue (lol) and know your pain. 

PS-take them to the Hammer Lot.  He will be a Bills fan for life!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If you don't get any good suggestions, at least after your first night's stay you should know exactly where all the best spots are. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.