Week 16: Buy, Sell, Hold (bolts edition)

boyst

You should know the drill. It's a game. There are not truly any rules. You can buy, sell, or hold on any player, personnel package, group, unit, coach, driver, referee, umpire, owner, stadium, weather event, or pokemon.

When you buy - you are simply buying that you believe there is room for grow and gain value. it could be when the value is low so you buy low and hope it gets better, it could be that the stock is soaring and you want more!

Sell: you're done with it, you don't want it. maybe it's at it's lowest and you can't stomach losing anymore. Maybe it is sell while the value is high.

Hold: you think it has value, you think it's got a bad reputation and really going to turn it around. you think maybe it'll get better and she will call you after you gave her your number 3 weeks ago and she just misplaced it while dreaming about you every night.

Me?

Buy: Knox. i don't think he can get any less of value and i want to buy low because i know he is better than what we have been witness to the last few seasons.

Sell: selling high folks, i want to get maximum value while the iron is hot: James Cook. let me cash that in and retire.

Hold: Dawkins - he has been playing well but he tends to have a let down game here or there. i'm hoping it never comes.

Hold (tie): J.Phillips - he hasn't been the same, nor has Lawson. but they have both been offering a little bit more each week. i think both of these guys can offer something in the post season.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, boyst said:

Hold: Dawkins - he has been playing well but he tends to have a let down game here or there. i'm hoping it never comes.

Yikes, can't have Dawkins have a let down game with Mack lining up opposite him.  Mack will probably be out to prove Buffalo should have drafted him right out of college. Esp since Sammy W. worked out so well.

Buy: Gabe Davis - the guy is due for one of his monster games, and he don't come any cheaper than right now. 

Sell: Taylor Rapp - Been playing with fire, this could be the game he finally gets burned/suspended. 

Hold: Von Miller. Inching his way back to relevance. Does the sleeping dragon awaken on Saturday?

Edited by skibum

Buy: Rasul Douglas. Since his big game where he SHOULD have won DPoW, he's been quiet. Too quiet. Now, I know that's a good thing for a CB because he's not getting beat...but the guy is a known ball hawk. I'm seeing him force a turnover or 2 this week and raise his value immensely.

Sell: Dodson. He's been playing extremely well this year. Way above what most thought he would. But he does struggle in the pass game and the Chargers have one of the best pass catching threats out of the backfield in the NFL. He could crash this week.

Hold: Joe Brady. I have invested in him enough and am absolutely loving what I see. Things such as a high percentage of motion presnap, to pounding the rock when a team challenged him. He calls a good game. I'm curious to see what adjustments teams will make to his style and how he will overcome those adjustments. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, boyst said:

You should know the drill. It's a game. There are not truly any rules. You can buy, sell, or hold on any player, personnel package, group, unit, coach, driver, referee, umpire, owner, stadium, weather event, or pokemon.

When you buy - you are simply buying that you believe there is room for grow and gain value. it could be when the value is low so you buy low and hope it gets better, it could be that the stock is soaring and you want more!

Sell: you're done with it, you don't want it. maybe it's at it's lowest and you can't stomach losing anymore. Maybe it is sell while the value is high.

Hold: you think it has value, you think it's got a bad reputation and really going to turn it around. you think maybe it'll get better and she will call you after you gave her your number 3 weeks ago and she just misplaced it while dreaming about you every night.

Me?

Buy: Knox. i don't think he can get any less of value and i want to buy low because i know he is better than what we have been witness to the last few seasons.

Sell: selling high folks, i want to get maximum value while the iron is hot: James Cook. let me cash that in and retire.

Hold (tie): J.Phillips - he hasn't been the same, nor has Lawson. but they have both been offering a little bit more each week. i think both of these guys can offer something in the post season.

Buy: Joey Bosa, sure would love him on this team!

Sell: Von Miller...package his old ass for Bosa and Sherbs

Hold: Justin Sherbert...he's injured and I can help out, would love him as Josh's beautiful backup:wub:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 2

Buy: Von Miller he has been perking up the past couple of weeks, I don’t think that Von is going to be what he was pre injury last season but I think he will make more and more positive plays.

Hold: James Cook second big offensive weapon. Cook is the guy and don’t expect that to go anywhere.

Sell: Doom and Gloom. This team is peaking at the right time.

This week's portfolio review took a lot more thought.  The low hanging fruit is gone, deeper analysis is required.  After much reflection:

Buy - Rasul Douglas. Looks more comfortable in this defense every week.  I project a big surge in value as we approach the playoffs.  Tremendous upside here, with little risk.

Sell - Dropsome Knox.  Not quite there after coming back from IR.  Not seeing the upside potential, so I'm recommending a sell.  If you want to keep a small position, that's acceptable, but limit your risk and unload this stock before it tanks.

Hold - Dalton "Reuben" Kincaid.  He's had a few drops the last couple games, but that could be just rookie hitters.  I'm a believer in this stock because the fundamentals remain strong. Your patience will be rewarded. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.