Cortland State WINS the Stagg Bowl!

May Day 10

Just an amazing game.

The evolution from 7-3 at halftime to 38-37 was insane.  By the 4th, North Central couldn't be stopped and could score at will.  Boyes always had an answer to keep Cortland ahead.  Then it came down to a gutsy call to go for 2 and Cortland finally stuffed NC.  

The jubilation, with some disbelief mixed in by the Cortland players and coaches was fun to watch, contrasted with the crying from the gut of the NC players.

It was really sports at its finest.  Both teams were terrific and fun to watch.  

• Like (+1) 2

Gym teachers across NYS are going wild!!!

and thats awesome. Cortland gets in a game in Yankee Stadium every year and now this. Saw a bit of it and sounded like a great finish. The son of the old buff state coach was the Qb. I believe they said they have a nfl prospect receiver on the other team. 

Hope Cortland has a great weekend celebrating. 

On 12/16/2023 at 7:14 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Gym teachers across NYS are going wild!!!

and thats awesome. Cortland gets in a game in Yankee Stadium every year and now this. Saw a bit of it and sounded like a great finish. The son of the old buff state coach was the Qb. I believe they said they have a nfl prospect receiver on the other team. 

Hope Cortland has a great weekend celebrating. 

Jerry Boyes is a legend.

Congrats to Zac and the Red Dragons (feel gross saying it). I remember throwing the ball around with this kid when he was 8-10 years old. Cool to see him succeed now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.