Second blitz at end of game

Snappysnackcakes

I wholeheartedly agree that Sean needs to be replaced and the second blitz in a row, at the end of the game, seals it for me. This was a legitimately terrible defensive play call. Period. Sean is the DC. End of story. He, unlike previous seasons, has no one to blame. It’s on him and he was outsmarted by a very talented coach and very experienced QB. This is a microcosm of Sean’s time as HC. I wish to be succinct, so that’s it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, HoofHearted said:

What makes it a terrible call?

How about the results? Dude, really? Is this McDermott? Was trying to be succinct, but this staff has the franchise on a collision course to immediate mediocrity. Daboll at the end of the Giants/Bills game? Sean’s created a toxic culture and it was on full display after the whistle blew. Had they squirreled out a W last night, which one of us would still, with confidence, profess that all is right in the world? Lest you not forget, Any Reid fired Sean in Philly, too. I’m flawed, you’re flawed, and, clearly Sean’s taken this QB and team as far as he can. So

stop trolling with the nonsense, rhetorical questions, please. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

How about the results? Dude, really? Is this McDermott? Was trying to be succinct, but this staff has the franchise on a collision course to immediate mediocrity. Daboll at the end of the Giants/Bills game? Sean’s created a toxic culture and it was on full display after the whistle blew. Had they squirreled out a W last night, which one of us would still, with confidence, profess that all is right in the world? Lest you not forget, Any Reid fired Sean in Philly, too. I’m flawed, you’re flawed, and, clearly Sean’s taken this QB and team as far as he can. So

stop trolling with the nonsense, rhetorical questions, please. 

They aren’t rhetorical. I genuinely wanted an answer, and the answer I got was basically “hindsight is 20/20”. Just because the outcome wasn’t what we wanted doesn't make it a bad call.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, HoofHearted said:

They aren’t rhetorical. I genuinely wanted an answer, and the answer I got was basically “hindsight is 20/20”. Just because the outcome wasn’t what we wanted doesn't make it a bad call.

“Fire Frazier for sitting in soft zones. We need to blitz more.”

”Not like that!!!!”

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

I wholeheartedly agree that Sean needs to be replaced and the second blitz in a row, at the end of the game, seals it for me. This was a legitimately terrible defensive play call. Period. Sean is the DC. End of story. He, unlike previous seasons, has no one to blame. It’s on him and he was outsmarted by a very talented coach and very experienced QB. This is a microcosm of Sean’s time as HC. I wish to be succinct, so that’s it. 

Anyone complaining about the defense as if it was the reason why we lost must just be watching different games than me because all 5 of our losses are 100% of the shoulders of the offense.  This one play is so minor compared to the 6 week s*** show that has been this pathetic offense and why Dorsey was the first to go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, HoofHearted said:

This ain’t a video game. It’s called strategy, muscle memory, tendencies, familiarity, and, most importantly- EXPERIENCE! Sean was outsmarted by a cagey vet and one of the best HC’s of our generation. If you cannot see this as, at minimum, a possibility, I can’t help you. In short, we gave them a mulligan and ate a big dic* at the end of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.