Do you want Sean McDermott to be the head coach of the 2024 Buffalo Bills?

Logic

Simple Question: Do you want Sean McDermott to be the head coach of the 2024 Buffalo Bills?  

549 members have voted

1. 1. On opening day 2024, do you want Sean McDermott to be the head coach of the Buffalo Bills?

• Yes
    • No

How did the Russian hackers access this poll?  @2BD--yinz need to spiff up your cybersecurity.

How else would one explain 75% of responses wanting McDermott gone??

I'm a long time Bills fan.  First game I ever saw in person, Joe Namath threw 8 TD passes.  But 3 were to the Bills, and Bills won 37-35.

McDermott is 1 of the top 2 Bills coaches in the last 55 years.  Full stop.

Wait, you'd rather have Hank Bullough, Kay Stephenson, Jim Ringo, Rex Ryan, Chan Gaily, or one of the other clown posses that passed through??

Lets think this through.  19 years before McD = 0 (ie, zero, zilch, nil, nada) playoff appearances.

6 yrs with McD = 5 playoff appearances.   Fishers exact test p = 0.0000051.

Last years team went through extraordinary, never before stress, and still won a playoff game.

This years team has a defense that has lost 5 of its top 6 defenders from last year, and is held together by duct tape and bailing wire.  Still in the thick of the playoff race.

And yet, 75% of Bills fan want a coaching change???

SMH

Be careful what you wish for.

Me, I'll be in Philly on Sunday, cheering on my Bills.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Its rare, but not without precedent. John Madden and Ken Stabler were together more than 5 years before winning a Super Bowl. 

Close, but no cigar. Stabler was in his fourth year starting under Madden.

8 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Factually, anyone who doesn't want to fire Sean McDermott is one of three things:

1) fine with not winning a Super Bowl, or

2) of the belief that McDermott will be the first coach in NFL history to win a Super Bowl after being with the same QB for > 5 years, or

3) willing to trade Josh Allen.

cc: Pegula, Terry

@bobobonators How are you disagreeing? Do you disagree with the facts? 😂

I think what we saw tonight is the type of game McD wants to see. Strong defense and a tough offense with a good run game that can control the clock. Allen brings the added big play dimension.

Is this good enough against high powered offenses? We will see in the next 3 weeks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.