Looking at the bright side of this debacle

Gisele

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Yep.. Also we don't have to endure a soul crushing playoff loss.  We're stacking those now and my January will be stress free.

I thought about this one last night.

Obviously, I would always hope the team makes the playoffs. But there is something to be said for not risking a heart attack in January.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

There is a very bright side if it leads to McD getting fired

There's no version of events where the Bills win a SB with McD.  I'd say that right now at least 20 NFL HCs are better gameday coaches than him, and he seems to be getting worse

Just now, dorquemada said:

There's no version of events where the Bills win a SB with McD.  I'd say that right now at least 20 NFL HCs are better gameday coaches than him, and he seems to be getting worse

Yup. I've been saying this for years. We will never win anything with this guy leading the charge. 

Just now, RousseauRage said:

Don't think that fixes the turnover problem, unfortunately.

A better coaching staff could certainly help alleviate them. 

In all seriousness, I feel like bottoming out will make it easier to say goodbye to a lot of long-termers next year for cap reasons.  Morse, White, Hyde, Poyer, Davis, Miller (post-June 1), and Neal all are likely goners.  Harty, DaQuan, Phillips, Settle, Klein, Matakevich, and maybe Sam Martin probably fall into that category, too.  Gotta clear cap space, load up on offense, and let a bunch of kids try to figure it out on the other side of the ball.  

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

In all seriousness, I feel like bottoming out will make it easier to say goodbye to a lot of long-termers next year for cap reasons.  Morse, White, Hyde, Poyer, Davis, Miller (post-June 1), and Neal all are likely goners.  Harty, DaQuan, Phillips, Settle, Klein, Matakevich, and maybe Sam Martin probably fall into that category, too.  Gotta clear cap space, load up on offense, and let a bunch of kids try to figure it out on the other side of the ball.  

Got to keep DaQuan IMO. If not, a tangible upgrade which may be hard to get for that value. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.