4.9% GDP Growth

If this economy is really as strong as the lefties say.  Why isn't the fed raising rates again as inflation is still over target and unemployment is at target.  That's the mandate of the fed 

7 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

That's the danger here for the administration,  They're telling us, whether the numbers are reflective of actual conditions or fake. the economy is humming along in great shape but its not translating to good times for the working person that has work multiple jobs, tap savings, and assume debt just to make ends meet.  So the Fed holds off on rate cuts because of the job market numbers.  Expect no rate cut in March.

My expectation is the straw that breaks the Camel's back is going to be stress in Commercial Real Estate (it was housing last time, are we seeing a pattern yet?) which has been brewing below the surface for about a year now that erupts into a banking crisis which forces the Fed to once again move in to rescue the banks from loan defaults, lower property values, bankruptcies, and high vacancy rates.   

Per the fed mandate.  Inflation is still over goal.  Unemployment is at goal.  Wouldn't that point to raising rates?  And wouldn't that then speed up what you are referencing 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I was watching the job market "experts" on the financial networks this morning and when the 353K number was released most of them starting laughing because it was so obviously fake.    

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I was watching the job market "experts" on the financial networks this morning and when the 353K number was released most of them starting laughing because it was so obviously fake.    

Fox? 

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Fox? 

Do you understand the job numbers are not a count?  I'm not sure how anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of statistics can examine the methodology employed by the BLS and come away with anything but skepticism.  Its nothing new mind you, they've been doing it for years.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Do you understand the job numbers are not a count?  I'm not sure how anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of statistics can examine the methodology employed by the BLS and come away with anything but skepticism.  Its nothing new mind you, they've been doing it for years.  

I see all the help wanted signs every where. The stats are accurate 

Deal with it 

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You are from the Nixon school of "let's kill the messenger."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_Jew_count#:~:text=The "Nixon Jew count" of,of Labor Statistics (BLS).

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

They dont have a clue.

its telling how the one tried to imply any digging into the details is "Antisemitic."

4 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Looking at past economic downturns, they usually have a combination of signs like:

Cratering stock prices, spiking inflation, high unemployment, collapsing wages, low to no economic growth.  

Is any of that happening? 

No. No such thing happening.

I'm still not convinced that we'll have a "soft landing." That is, no recession.

But it's enjoyable watching Trump and his ilk in a panic that Biden (and congressional Dems) may very well be able to run on a platform of a strong economy. We are still in the denial phase: "The numbers, they must be wrong!"

3 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

They dont have a clue.

its telling how the one tried to imply any digging into the details is "Antisemitic."

I'm waiting for you to start the count of Jewish - sounding surnames at the BLS.

The moral here: Nixon was wrong. He tried to deny that the economic numbers were awful, and then he tried to find a scapegoat by issuing one of the most repugnant orders any President has ever issued. Oh, and yeah: his henchmen went ahead and carried out that order.

Edited by The Frankish Reich