Why is this team, and staff, so dumb?

Bermuda Triangle

51 minutes ago, 5ths the charm said:

Maybe its because us fans that are older have seen this happen before.  A good indicator of the future is the past.  It doesn't mean we don't care, it means we care too much and don't want to just say "keep trying".  We need innovators, unpredictability and swagger.  Not safety, timidity or same ole same ole. 

I'm somewhat older myself and see where you are coming from.  From my perspective, if the team makes a mistake in execution, or if the other team just makes a great play, I can live with that.  Passes are dropped, facemasks are inadvertently grabbed, etc.  On the other hand, when stupid decisions on things that are completely within the team's control are made, I get very frustrated.  A good example is when Tampa was in disarray on a 4th down and the clock was running out.  Should they punt, go for the field goal, or go for it?  They don't know.  The BILLS take a time out, giving Tampa plenty of time to settle down and make a decision.  Why?  Or in the Pats game.  There's a penalty inside the 5.  The Bills can accept the penalty and have 4 downs from the 2 yard line, or decline it and have 3 downs from the 1 yard line.  The extra down, if unsuccessful, gives the Bills a chance to run an additional 40 seconds off the clock or force New England to take a timeout.  If successful, the Bills are no worse off.  What do they do?  Decline the penalty.  Forego an extra down in exchange for 1 yard.  The Bills get the TD, but the critical 40 seconds and/or timeout remain available to New England, which ultimately comes back to haunt the Bills.

Those same types of decisions, in the playoffs, against a good team, could cost the team their season.

I like McDermott and am very grateful for what he's done for the franchise.  I don't think is job should be in jeopardy.  Every coach, even Hall of Famers like Belichick, make head scratching decisions at times.  All that said, I still think that McDermott can be better and make smarter in-game decisions.

Edited by msw2112
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I am sad to say that I actually agree with Nick Wright on the topic of how poorly coached our team is. He said everything I have been thinking. Nick Wright people! Ugh.

I know he is over the top and loves to troll Bills fans, but he actually makes some good points here.

I don't believe you.

But I also don't care enough about it to actually give Nick Wrong the clicks. 

Frankly, if he said it, even if you already think it, you should gp back and seriously question your beliefs on the topic.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't believe you.

But I also don't care enough about it to actually give Nick Wrong the clicks. 

Frankly, if he said it, even if you already think it, you should gp back and seriously question your beliefs on the topic.

Yet you cared enough to come in here and say you don't care 😄

1 hour ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

I don’t understand, when they know the Hail Mary is coming, they don’t start with two defenders on the goal line and follow the trajectory of the ball, but instead they have them follow the receivers.

Yes. It’s about the ball and not the o players. Sit the tallest, biggest, hands dudes -2 yds and watch the football. Run forward if it is short.  

the hail mary defense is on the coaching staff Clearly they are not teaching the situation properly and I agree insert two tall athletes with your dbs on the back end to knock the football down  Its a microcosm of the dumb stuff this team continues to do on a regular almost weekly basis

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.