OLINE PASS PRO/ QB UNFORCED ERROR ALL 22 REVIEW - WEEK 7 PATRIOTS

Bocephuz

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And we have been consistent all year doing it.  There hasn’t been any reason this year to be concerned about the offense.

I mean it would be great if we scored an equal distribution of points across each quarter of each game but that's generally not how it works in the NFL

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I mean it would be great if we scored an equal distribution of points across each quarter of each game but that's generally not how it works in the NFL

Bingo.  In half the games you play either the O or D doesn't play well for long stretches of time.  This is especially true for the O which is more prone to up and down play.  There is a reason that offensive performance against NE was a record breaker - those types of games are rare.

There seems to be a grossly unrealistic expectation of how these games play out in the real world.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Orlovsky has pointed out teams know the Bills are very weak on reacting to the blitz, can’t get things blocked or get the ball out quickly.   Teams will keep doing it till the Bills prove they can beat it.

I trust Josh and the offensive line and receivers to get that patched up. The issue for me is when teams go two high zone can the offense stick to running the ball and adjust when needed? 

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Orlovsky has pointed out teams know the Bills are very weak on reacting to the blitz, can’t get things blocked or get the ball out quickly.   Teams will keep doing it till the Bills prove they can beat it.

Yep… said particularly missed hot routes in red zone, which was perplexing to him.

In Josh, Dorsey and Sean’s interview they all talked about needing to get back to taking what the defense is giving them. Josh seems crystal clear he’s not playing smart winning ball right now. 

I expect this Thursday it will be four full quarters of Dr Henry Jekyll. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Actually it would be great if we didn’t average 3 pts per game in the last 3 first halves.  

Let’s equally distribute our points per quarter in the last 12.  That’s a little over 4.  That’s success…consistency is overrated.  Super Bowl winners typically only play well 50% of the time in every season.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Bingo.  In half the games you play either the O or D doesn't play well for long stretches of time.  This is especially true for the O which is more prone to up and down play.  There is a reason that offensive performance against NE was a record breaker - those types of games are rare.

There seems to be a grossly unrealistic expectation of how these games play out in the real world.

Name another time in Bills history where we were held to 7, 0 and 3 points at half time 3 games in a row.  

Do you think the players only meeting was to only talk about defense?  Allen and Miller telling the locker room offense is fine?

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Actually it would be great if we didn’t average 3 pts per game in the last 3 first halves.  

Let’s equally distribute our points per quarter in the last 12.  That’s a little over 4.  That’s success…consistency is overrated.  Super Bowl winners typically only play well 50% of the time in every season.

Do you have anything to add to the topic or do you want to just keep failing to be as good as me at sarcasm

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Do you have anything to add to the topic or do you want to just keep failing to be as good as me at sarcasm

Dude, the topic is unforced errors on offense.  I’m talking about the offenses lack of production.

I know our offense was great for 3 games.  But they’ve also been bad for 4 games.  That’s not an expectation you should have with a team with Super Bowl aspirations.  

Our last 3 games is what you should expect from a Tyrod Taylor, 2017 offense with Charles Clay, Thompson and Benjamin as your top targets.

If we pick it up, I will change my tune.  I don’t understand the “we can’t be critical of a player” that we like even if he isn’t playing well.  I know Allen is our best and most important player but he’s not playing like it.  But we can’t say that for some reason.  

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude, the topic is unforced errors on offense.  I’m talking about the offenses lack of production.

I know our offense was great for 3 games.  But they’ve also been bad for 4 games.  That’s not an expectation you should have with a team with Super Bowl aspirations.  

Our last 3 games is what you should expect from a Tyrod Taylor, 2017 offense with Charles Clay, Thompson and Benjamin as your top targets.

If we pick it up, I will change my tune.  I don’t understand the “we can’t be critical of a player” that we like even if he isn’t playing well.  I know Allen is our best and most important player but he’s not playing like it.  But we can’t say that for some reason.  

Of course you can say that

And I'll explain why I think you're wrong that he isn't playing well

https://www.nfeloapp.com/qb-rankings/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Name another time in Bills history where we were held to 7, 0 and 3 points at half time 3 games in a row.  

Do you think the players only meeting was to only talk about defense?  Allen and Miller telling the locker room offense is fine?

You need to bone up on your Bills history.  Using Sal Maiorana's wonderful resource RELENTLESS:  The Hard Hitting History of Buffalo Bills Football I focused my search down to the best years in Bills history from 1988 - 1993.  This was a Bills O loaded with All Pros and future HOFers.

Total games played = 112 (regular season + playoffs)

Games where the Bills were shutout in the first half = 11 or about 10% of their games

Games where the Bills were held to 6 points or less and no TD's (includes shutouts) = 29 or about 26% of their games.

Games where the Bills were held to 7 points or less = 43 or about 40% of their games.

Some memorable low scoring first half streaks:

1988: 7 & 0

1989: 3 & 0

0 & 6

1990: 0 & 20 & 3 & 7

1991: 7 & 7 & 6

1992: 10 & 6 & 10 & 3

3 & 3

1993: 10 & 6 & 10

0 & 0

9 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You need to bone up on your Bills history.  Using Sal Maiorana's wonderful resource RELENTLESS:  The Hard Hitting History of Buffalo Bills Football I focused my search down to the best years in Bills history from 1988 - 1993.  This was a Bills O loaded with All Pros and future HOFers.

Total games played = 112 (regular season + playoffs)

Games where the Bills were shutout in the first half = 11 or about 10% of their games

Games where the Bills were held to 6 points or less and no TD's (includes shutouts) = 29 or about 26% of their games.

Games where the Bills were held to 7 points or less = 43 or about 40% of their games.

Some memorable low scoring first half streaks:

1988: 7 & 0

1989: 3 & 0

0 & 6

1990: 0 & 20 & 3 & 7

1991: 7 & 7 & 6

1992: 10 & 6 & 10 & 3

3 & 3

1993: 10 & 6 & 10

0 & 0

There is only one legit one here lol.

Its 1989.  This is a much different offensive era lol.  So yes, you have at least one.

Did you really add a 20 point half as a poor half?  A couple of 10 point halves in there?

Did you know the last time the Bills were shutout through 3 quarters was at Green Bay, Allen’s rookie year when GB was elite…Allen’s weapons were Charles Clay, Benjamin and Thompson?  
Giants defense was elite like the Jags and Pats?

People who understand the game and know how to watch film are telling you Allen is struggling.  Are they all wrong?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.