Interesting Stats Week 7

Mikie2times

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I was responding about the defensive injuries. I know I said "team", but really I meant the defense and the impact it has on the Bills ability to win games.

Gotcha!  

Still, that would be fine if the offense were running on all cylinders, which it never has under McD.  

I mean we trade-up to draft Kincaid, crow about 2-TE sets, rarely use those, rarely use Kincaid, a pass-catching prodigy, and since McD's been here, no matter who we have as WRs, for some unknownn reason we never have a bone fide #2.  

That at least makes people say "let's get an offensive person in here to see if they can get something more from an offense led by one of the top QBs in the leauge."  

Defense shouldn't be carrying this team.  And to the extent that we've expended draft resources on it, it should.  

But in the playoffs, our D typically goes on vacation.  So why does it matter.  That's where we need to shine, and the D's done anything but shine with even the slightest of consistency therein.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

PFF has Dodson as the 3rd highest rated player on D for last game.  Not sure the narrative to play DW is holding up.  Expecting this D to somehow overcome the injuries is not realistic.  No team has that type of depth.  The O has to perform. 

Dodson was good when he came in. Not surprised at that grade personally.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Gotcha!  

Still, that would be fine if the offense were running on all cylinders, which it never has under McD.  

I mean we trade-up to draft Kincaid, crow about 2-TE sets, rarely use those, rarely use Kincaid, a pass-catching prodigy, and since McD's been here, no matter who we have as WRs, for some unknownn reason we never have a bone fide #2.  

That at least makes people say "let's get an offensive person in here to see if they can get something more from an offense led by one of the top QBs in the leauge."  

Defense shouldn't be carrying this team.  And to the extent that we've expended draft resources on it, it should.  

But in the playoffs, our D typically goes on vacation.  So why does it matter.  That's where we need to shine, and the D's done anything but shine with even the slightest of consistency therein.  

Our offense has never run on all cylinders under McD?   Do you mean this season? 

You are correct about never having a true WR2.  This has to be fixed. 

43 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Our offense has never run on all cylinders under McD?   Do you mean this season? 

You are correct about never having a true WR2.  This has to be fixed. 

Yeah, sorry, I meant for an entire season and as best as it possibly could.  

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

5 of the 6 Cook runs were converted for 1st downs. The one that wasn't was a play Josh HAS to kill and get out of - the first 2nd and 2 where he goes ahead and runs a play that just runs Cook right into an overload.

I understand the predictability point that Nate is trying to make. But James Cook was executing better than anyone else on offense.

Nate is trying to be too smart here. What I get out of it is that if the offense is on schedule on first down, Cook is basically a cheat code. 

This is one of those things where a team says “we’ll keep calling it until you stop us”. 

We have certainly smashed our RB into a brick wall over and over again in past games. I reserve the right to criticize that too. Ha!

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

After the carnage that is a Bills loss, the good stuff always gets blended together in the insanity. Reviewing the forum, I felt these ones stood out as things I found interesting or surprising. Thank you @HappyDays @Andy1 as two of these came from your posts. If you guys have any other post worth twitter content or interesting factoids it would be nice to get that stuff consolidated in one place. 

Everything they seem to be good at gets set aside for "balance"

passing

11 personnel

under center

timing routes

or so it seems

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.