Poll: McDermott’s biggest mistake so far was …

GerstAusGosheim

Poll: McDermott’s biggest mistake so far was …  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think McDermott's biggest coaching error has been so far?

• Blowing :13’s
    • Giving a first time OC a chance with Josh Allen in his prime.
    • Ignoring OL and WR in favor of loading up on D
    • Underestimating what losing Daboll, Frazier and other long-term coaches like Hall etc. would do to “culture.”
    • Trading the Patrick Mahomes pick
    • Not clapping enough

On 10/23/2023 at 10:26 AM, FireChans said:

It's trading Patrick Mahomes.

I'm sorry. It just is. He is going to go down as the second best QB in history.

because he got to sit and learn behind Alex Smith and coached by Andy Reid, no guarantee he'd have remotely the same success here. That's like saying that Josh Allen be same QB if was drafted by Cleveland or the Jets in 2018. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

:13 seconds and the others aren't even close. Even today It still blows my mind that they lost that game. I could understand 1:00 on the clock, that would have sucked just as bad, but :13 seconds, how is that even possible, wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it, like if that happened in a 1930 high school game with no video I probably wouldn't believe it.

Edited by LarryMadman
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Maybe and only Mahomes wins that game. He’s a winner. 

I don't think Mahomes won that game. If there were 30 seconds, then sure as there is enough time to get into FG range especially with timeouts. If I remember correctly, they still had one maybe two. 13 seconds was a 100% screw up by McDermott, Frazier, and the defense. Mahomes, Kelce, Hill don't even factor into it with just 13 seconds. I don't care how good they are. 13 seconds is not enough time when you are starting at your own 25 unless the Bills totally choke which they did.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.